San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling

Mitch Cumsteen

19 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

How bad do we suck on a scale from Richard Jefferson to Matt Bonner 

I don't really understand this. Which is supposed to be the ass end of the scale when they are both ass ends? I guess Bonner is the top of the scale and RJ the bottom. I can live with that. 

If you were going to force me, this is how my self-loathing scrub ass Spur scale goes from worst of the worst to best of the worst. The bottom of the list is Alfrederick Hughes. It has to be:

Alfrederick Hughes

Sidney Green

Richard Jefferson

Bryn Forbes

George Karl

Jack Haley

Matt Bonner

2 hours ago, Llogg said:

Jack Haley slander will not be tolerated! He was never expected to contribute. Guys like Forbes and RJ are the worst because they should have been able to contribute.

Fair enough but the fact that he took up a roster spot because Dennis Rodman needed a go between to communicate with the staff is reason enough to hate. Not to mention that he was a grade A douchebag. Also, based on that logic, should an undrafted free agent in Forbes really be expected to contribute? I think their doubling down on signing him as a free agent changes the calculus a little, but his biggest problem is that the coach keeps playing him when he shouldn't. Still, with all due respect, fuck him.

57 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Jackie Butler szn.....

This is a sneaky great one because it was that idiotic contract to Jackie fucking Butler that prevented them from signing Luis Scola. Cost them at least one ring for sure, arguably more.

So to make everyone happy, substitute Jackie Butler for Jack Haley.

Or if you want, you can put Will Perdue in there too right behind Bonner. Extra salt in the wound for watching Rodman get rings with the Bulls while Perdue fumbled around backing up David and Tim.

7 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Yeah. Indiana should come back to earth a little bit this half. Still, I think the pacers are much better than their record. They've had a tough schedule, had injuries and lost a lot of close games. This could be one of those nights where they just bust out. 

They’re busting out like Milania, The AT&T girl. 

TJ McConnell is killing this team. Carving them up. 

Edited by Kermit

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

It’s absolutely criminal that Young has sat on the bench this season. Either trade him or play him. 

LOL!  Pop plays all the old guys at the expense of the young guy's minutes.

"Play the fucking young guys!!!!"

Pop plays all the young guys trying to develop them at the expense of the old guy's minutes.

"Play the fucking old guys!!!"

We suck, Thad Young's minutes ain't gonna save us.  I really like him and hope someone does trade for him around the holidays.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

That's a bit disingenuous. We were a middling team last year and should have jettisoned Demar, Rudy, and Patty long ago. You yourself have argued this point. We have a player who we're going to trade and have done nothing to showcase his ability. He plays sparingly, but in the time he plays elevates the game for the young guys on the floor. Drew Eubanks fucking sucks. Sorry. He plays hard, and that's about it. So that being said, my point fucking stands. Either trade him, or play him. Because if I have to watch that T-Rex arm'd doofus try to play defense and get smoked one more time, I'm going to piss on my Forbes doll again.  

18 hours ago, Kermit said:

That's a bit disingenuous. We were a middling team last year and should have jettisoned Demar, Rudy, and Patty long ago. You yourself have argued this point. We have a player who we're going to trade and have done nothing to showcase his ability. He plays sparingly, but in the time he plays elevates the game for the young guys on the floor. Drew Eubanks fucking sucks. Sorry. He plays hard, and that's about it. So that being said, my point fucking stands. Either trade him, or play him. Because if I have to watch that T-Rex arm'd doofus try to play defense and get smoked one more time, I'm going to piss on my Forbes doll again.  

Kerm, relax.  Just having some fun with the idea fans are never happy...... especially with losing teams.  And yes, I wanted to decline Eubanks option, so that's how I feel about him.  In a vacuum, I'd rather have Thad Young, but minutes are scarce at the 4 when you want to play small ball with Keldon and Vassell playing 4 a lot of minutes.  Additionally I'm unsure if playing Thad more minutes is going to help his trade value that much.  I think he's a known quantity in the league and most execs understand he's playing good cop while languishing on the bench for a rebuilding team.  On a contender, he's probably a 15-20 minute guy, maybe worth a 2nd or a maybe a late 1st for Thad/2nd?  Just spitballing.  All in all, I was just having some fun..... I get it, it sucks to lose and we'll be doing our fair share this season, unfortunately.

And you should set your Forbes' doll on fire and then piss on him...... Double disrespect.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Kerm, relax.  Just having some fun with the idea fans are never happy...... especially with losing teams.  And yes, I wanted to decline Eubanks option, so that's how I feel about him.  In a vacuum, I'd rather have Thad Young, but minutes are scarce at the 4 when you want to play small ball with Keldon and Vassell playing 4 a lot of minutes.  Additionally I'm unsure if playing Thad more minutes is going to help his trade value that much.  I think he's a known quantity in the league and most execs understand he's playing good cop while languishing on the bench for a rebuilding team.  On a contender, he's probably a 15-20 minute guy, maybe worth a 2nd or a maybe a late 1st for Thad/2nd?  Just spitballing.  All in all, I was just having some fun..... I get it, it sucks to lose and we'll be doing our fair share this season, unfortunately.

And you should set your Forbes' doll on fire and then piss on him...... Double disrespect.

I will, and I will. 

3 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Three possessions in a row where Dejounte is trying to be the hero. I mean, I get it, because there’s no one else. It’s just not happening.

What are you talking about? He went free throws, assist to Keldon, layup to get us within 1. Prior to that he had a miss, miss, make. 

Just now, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Also.... Dallas has been hunting McBuckets for about five straight possessions, why is he out there on defense? Granted, he forced Doncic into a tough look, but surely there is someone on the Spurs bench who is a more capable defender.

Yeah I don't get it. 

• Mitch Cumsteen changed the title to San Antonio Spurs 2021-22 Season Thread - Let's get this play-in shitshiw rolling