2021-22 Houston Rockets Season Thread: Sucking with a Purpose

BigOrange1

10 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Alperen Sengun looked nice in limited minutes. I like that all of the rookies are starting off on the main roster. No point in sending them down to the G-League. Let them play, take their lumps, and grow.

also helps with the tanking (not that these guys need a lot of help in that regard).

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Slim Thug and Paul Wall actually did do a hype song for the Texans a long time ago. But that was before the Texans were born again.

I remember it. Better song too but I don’t think it was  officially backed by the team. Never saw it on their social media or played it in NRG. 2011-2012 Texans by far and away the best Texans teams - likable players like Arian, JJ, Cushing, Owen Daniels, etc. Now they are an absolute abomination 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Only been two games but green hasn’t looked good. Of course I’m just seeing stat lines so anyone that’s actually stomached these games able to say what the issues is? Most rookie of the year candidates look better than this.

Yeah, he's struggled a bit and with his background in the G league I was expecting a little smoother transition.

But as you mentioned, it's only been 2 games.  He'll settle in.

Tough stretch coming up with the next 8 games:

Boston, @Dallas, Utah, @ Lakers, @ Lakers, @Phoenix, @Denver, @GSW, then back home for a matchup with Cade Cunningham and the Pistons

seriously with the green takes??  it's been two games, he's 19 and he's not lebron.  he's not going to come in and immediately dominate.

he had a couple of nice possessions as the lead ball handler last night where he found kpj for open 3's.  since i am not worried at all about his eventual ability to efficiently score, i'm way more impressed with that this early.  if both he and kpj can take turns as lead guard, as well as effectively play off the ball when the other guy is lead guard, they are going to be a very dynamic backcourt in a couple of years.

7 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

seriously with the green takes??  it's been two games, he's 19 and he's not lebron.  he's not going to come in and immediately dominate.

he had a couple of nice possessions as the lead ball handler last night where he found kpj for open 3's.  since i am not worried at all about his eventual ability to efficiently score, i'm way more impressed with that this early.  if both he and kpj can take turns as lead guard, as well as effectively play off the ball when the other guy is lead guard, they are going to be a very dynamic backcourt in a couple of years.

Usually for rookies the season gets tougher because it’s a grind. It doesn’t get easier. No one said the word “dominate” or he “should average 20ppg”. I was expecting the number 2 pick to average 14-16 a game. JFC ask a question and the number one foam finger posters can’t take it. 

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We still need to find a way to offload Wall. Goal should be to trade him for draft picks, and we'll free up a ton of cap space in the process

no team can match the salary without major restructuring.  No way there would be picks involved.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:32 AM, Rockethorn1978 said:

Only been two games but green hasn’t looked good. Of course I’m just seeing stat lines so anyone that’s actually stomached these games able to say what the issues is? Most rookie of the year candidates look better than this.

vs Boston

11/18 FG, 8/10 3PT, 30 pts

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

We are going to be rebuilding for a long time with our current coaching staff. I see very little development.

Silas was the wrong coaching hire whichever way you cut it. There is a reason no other NBA team took a chance on him despite almost 20 years as an assistant coach.

It's even more egregious considering he was brought in to coach Harden and the team was in "win now" mode. As critical as I have been of Harden and his role in the demise of the Rockets, it's abundantly clear that he realized early on that Silas was a fraud.

I see a situation where Silas won't be canned, but he won't be extended and will leave after his contract expires.

• Like 1