Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Cinematographer, Wounds Director

atomheartbevo

A point about 'Producers'....oftentimes being credited as a producer is a ploy to increase ones wages on the production, either as a tax advantage or as a means to avoid a mandated wage ceiling, sometimes union scale, often studio salary parameters. Just because one is labeled 'producer' on a show, it doesn't mean that said person has anything to do with the daily happenings on set. Heck, I was on a show with 24 writers, about half of them were 'producers'. None of them ever saw the set.

Edited by otisdog
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Wrong. He pointed a loaded weapon at two people and pulled the trigger. 

That violates every principal of firearm safety. 

He thought it was a safe prop. It was not. He definitely did something wrong and " But I'm just an actor" should not be considered a defense. 

is this a real post?

7 minutes ago, otisdog said:

A point about 'Producers'....oftentimes being credited as a producer is a ploy to increase ones wages on the production, either as a tax advantage or as a means to avoid a mandated wage ceiling, often union scale. Just because one is labeled 'producer' on a show, it doesn't mean that said person has anything to do with the daily happenings on set. Heck, I was on a show with 24 writers, about half of them were 'producers'. None of them ever saw the set.

not only this, but often times actors have vanity production companies and people bring them material.  they help get projects made and they get to be producers to benefit from the profits.  baldwin being a producer (likely one of several) doesn't mean he was "in charge" of everything.

38 minutes ago, Nivek said:

BT,

All I have to do is look up at the American Shooting Center range to know how well people are about gun safety.

I also went hunting in NE Texas and I was with some other guys, and we saw a huge hog on the side of the road, he asked me to shoot it. I told him I am left handed, as a passenger in a truck and my rifle is unloaded because we are traveling to the blinds. It made me wonder as to how other people travelled with their guns.

Fully loaded in a rack on the back window in an unlocked truck is precisely how I grew up.

Grabbing a loaded gun in the right season of the year as an 8-year-old was as easy as opening dad's truck or, if he was gone, walking over to a neighbor's also-unlocked truck. And at 10 I had my own, so no need for dad's. None of us ever shot ourselves or each other. No one acted like any of it was a big deal (because it wasn't).

I'm not even mocking people for being unsafe with guns; I'm mocking these people for being fucking liars.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

not only this, but often times actors have vanity production companies and people bring them material.  they help get projects made and they get to be producers to benefit from the profits.  baldwin being a producer (likely one of several) doesn't mean he was "in charge" of everything.

No way man I'm on a text thread full of guys I follow on Tik Tok that TOTALLY KNOW the truth and they are saying that Baldwin is going to Guantanamo!

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

No way man I'm on a text thread full of guys I follow on Tik Tok that TOTALLY KNOW the truth and they are saying that Baldwin is going to Guantanamo!

in related news, leonardo dicaprio and jonah hill have just been hauled in for unsafe cocaine use on the set of wolf of wall street.

• Like 1

Gutierrez-Reed, the daughter of veteran Hollywood armorer Thell Reed, said on the Voices Of The West podcastthat Rust was only her second film as a head armorer.

She had just finished shooting the movie "The Old Way" with Clint Howard and Nicolas Cage. "It was a really badass way to start off a really long and cool career," she said on the podcast. 

Maybe not so long.

https://www.insider.com/rust-shooting-alec-baldwins-armorer-worried-she-wasnt-ready-for-job-2021-10

48 minutes ago, MrBig said:

The gun was allegedly being used for target practice after hours.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/23/alec-baldwin-rust-gun-accident-used-off-set-target-practice/

Holy shit the armorer on set should be included in any charges if there is found to be criminal liability. It's their sole responsibility to ensure that anything that goes bang on set is safe, and they especially should not be taking guns from the set to the range and back. 

Just insane to hear that they were mixing blanks and live rounds. 

I'd bet they're the kind of idiots that bring lead shot into a duck blind with em too.

Using the same guns for target practice and on set doesn't seem like a big deal. I can see wanting the actor to get used to that specific gun for the best possible performance. You (armorer, who should be the one in possession of it every nanosecond it isn't in the actor's hand being used) just clear it at the range and carry it empty there and back.

Having live projectile ammo on set is just baffling. Keep that wherever you're target shooting.

What? What's the thinking?

Oct 24 (Reuters) - As law enforcement investigates the fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins by actor Alec Baldwin in an accident on the set of "Rust", court records show the probe includes the movie's armorer and assistant director.

Here are some details about both:

HANNAH GUTIERREZ

Gutierrez, 24, was working as the armorer, or person in charge of firearms on the set. According to an affidavit filed by a Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office detective, she prepared three prop guns and placed them on a cart outside the building where rehearsals were taking place.

After the fatal shooting, Gutierrez was given the gun and removed a spent casing before handing it to arriving deputies, according to the affidavit.

Gutierrez could not be reached for comment on Sunday.

Just a month before Thursday's accident, she had spoken about how she had been worried her inexperience meant she was not up to the job when she began her first movie as head armorer earlier this year - the Western "The Old Way" starring Nicolas Cage, which is scheduled for release next year.

"I was really nervous about it at first, and I almost didn't take the job because I wasn't sure if I was ready, but doing it, it went really smoothly," Gutierrez told the "Voices of the West" podcast about Western films.

Jeffrey W. Crow, who supervised Gutierrez on the Cage film, told the Los Angeles Times he had been impressed by her.

"Working with Hannah, I'm surprised that any of this happened under her watch," Crow told the newspaper. "I thought she was an exceptionally young, up-and-coming, very eager and talented armorer."

Gutierrez followed in the steps of her father Thell Reed, a well-known Hollywood armorer. According to his biography on film database IMDB.com, Reed began competition shooting as a boy, performed in Wild West shows, and taught gun-handling to actors including Russell Crowe and Brad Pitt.

Reed did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Sunday.

DAVID HALLS

Assistant director Halls, 62, grabbed one of the prop guns off the cart and took it inside to Baldwin, yelling "cold gun", which on movie sets means the gun is not loaded with ammunition, including blanks, according to the detective's affidavit.

He did not know live rounds were in the prop gun when he handed it to the actor, the affidavit said.

Halls did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

An experienced Hollywood hand with credits on movies including "Fargo" in 1996, and 2003's "The Matrix Reloaded", Halls is also an actor.

On Sunday, NBC News and CNN quoted a Hollywood prop maker, Maggie Goll, as saying she had raised safety concerns about Halls when they worked together on Hulu's "Into the Dark" television series in 2019.

"He did not maintain a safe working environment," Goll told NBC News. "Sets were almost always allowed to become increasingly claustrophobic, no established fire lanes, exits blocked ... safety meetings were nonexistent."

Film producer Aaron B. Koontz, who worked with Halls on two previous movies but was not involved in the making of "Rust", told the Los Angeles Times that Halls was "extremely efficient" and a good manager.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Do you ever shoot?
I have seen people shoot and what they aim at isn’t what they are hitting.

Secondly, this could very well be what the director wanted, and seeing the barrel of a gun isn’t an uncommon thing in a movie.

You are projecting and seeing what you want to see, not what happened.

LIke the opener in every fucking James Bond film ever made? 

bond-007.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&d

I’ll restate my position again with this newer info. There’s no need for people to be behind the camera for this shot.  Set it up with a finger gun or a rubber gun, see the light and angles or whatever you need to see, let the actor know where his mark is and how to point the gun into frame.  Then, vacate the area, give him the gun with dummies, roll cameras and get the shot. 

or if people are really insistent, put them behind the safety shielding.  

in this instance, the actor had the power to refuse to do the shot with people behind the camera. I get that if someone tells you cold gun you believe it, but how did that work out?  Gun safety shouldn’t stop being followed just because a gun crosses an imaginary line onto a movie set. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ll restate my position again with this newer info. There’s no need for people to be behind the camera for this shot.  Set it up with a finger gun or a rubber gun, see the light and angles or whatever you need to see, let the actor know where his mark is and how to point the gun into frame.  Then, vacate the area, give him the gun with dummies, roll cameras and get the shot. 

or if people are really insistent, put them behind the safety shielding.  

in this instance, the actor had the power to refuse to do the shot with people behind the camera. I get that if someone tells you cold gun you believe it, but how did that work out?  Gun safety shouldn’t stop being followed just because a gun crosses an imaginary line onto a movie set. 

Or just don't have live projectile ammo on set under any circumstances and have an arm... GUN DUDE clear the guns properly as happens every other set without incident 99.999% of the time a gun is fired dry/blanks.

There's a focus on "behind the camera" right now because that's what happened in this incident, but there are people standing all over movie sets. And you often need a gun pointed directly at other actors/extras.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Or just don't have live projectile ammo on set under any circumstances and have an arm... GUN DUDE clear the guns properly as happens every other set without incident 99.999% of the time a gun is fired dry/blanks.

There's a focus on "behind the camera" right now because that's what happened in this incident, but there are people standing all over movie sets. And you often need a gun pointed directly at other actors/extras.

Best shootout scene ever, I posted it up thread as an example but any Michael Mann shootout should be seen again and again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think anyone is saying actors should be experts in every field that they portray on screen.  The thing is, guns don’t kill people.  Irresponsible and/or ill intentioned people kill people with guns and that is what happened here.  All guns are loaded, all the time, treat them as such.  This site is filled with the dumbest smart people on the internet 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

42 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying actors should be experts in every field that they portray on screen.  The thing is, guns don’t kill people.  Irresponsible and/or ill intentioned people kill people with guns and that is what happened here.  All guns are loaded, all the time, treat them as such.  This site is filled with the dumbest smart people on the internet 

i don't see what point you're making. your post, and every other argument similar to yours, is just baffling to me. if i (not an auto mechanic) take my car to the auto body repair shop and the experts there work on it, call me, and tell me it's fixed, then i take their word for it and go get my car. making sure that my car is fixed and safe to drive is their job, not mine; that's their field of expertise, not mine. if i drive my car away from the body shop and one of my tires falls off on the highway and causes a deadly wreck, whose fault is that- mine, or the expert who just gave me my car and told me that it was safe to drive? 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

I don’t think anyone is saying actors should be experts in every field that they portray on screen. 

many here are blaming the actor.

46 minutes ago, Cody2422 said:

The thing is, guns don’t kill people.  Irresponsible and/or ill intentioned people kill people with guns and that is what happened here.  All guns are loaded, all the time, treat them as such.  This site is filled with the dumbest smart people on the internet 

i still can't tell if you're one of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cody2422 said:

Fact. And nobody for any reason should willfully stand in front of a gun aimed at them. Remote camera or a dummy non-functional gun, too many ways to avoid this tragedy by common sense.

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i don't see what point you're making. your post, and every other argument similar to yours, is just baffling to me. if i (not an auto mechanic) take my car to the auto body repair shop and the experts there work on it, call me, and tell me it's fixed, then i take their word for it and go get my car. making sure that my car is fixed and safe to drive is their job, not mine; that's their field of expertise, not mine. if i drive my car away from the body shop and one of my tires falls off on the highway and causes a deadly wreck, whose fault is that- mine, or the expert who just gave me my car and told me that it was safe to drive? 

Yeah, I don't like the guy...at all as a human (full disclosure, I think he's one of the funniest comedic actors of my generation).  

But the weird expansion/extension/association of negligence to Baldwin flies so much in the face of Tort Reform proponents (of which I am also one) is so fucking weird.  

i'm getting the feeling most people here don't understand how little power an actor has during the shooting of a movie.  they're not responsible for anything outside their part.  if an actor starting screwing with a gun on set to "make sure it was safe", about 5 union people would be all over him.

the lack of a shield is the biggest mystery to me.  it's fairly standard and not a huge expense.

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i'm getting the feeling most people here don't understand how little power an actor has during the shooting of a movie.  they're not responsible for anything outside their part.  if an actor starting screwing with a gun on set to "make sure it was safe", about 5 union people would be all over him.

the lack of a shield is the biggest mystery to me.  it's fairly standard and not a huge expense.

What if you’re the executive producer and your company is producing the movie in addition to being an actor?  And the production has had multiple gun safety issues?

If he was running the show as EP and it wasn’t merely just a title, he might have some explaining to do.  If it was just a title and someone else had the authority then he probably doesn’t.  Unless he pulled the trigger and was aware of the two prior accidental discharges.  Then I don’t know.  Too early to tell.  Baldwin could very well be a victim here.  

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What if you’re the executive producer and your company is producing the movie in addition to being an actor?  And the production has had multiple gun safety issues?

If he was running the show as EP and it wasn’t merely just a title, he might have some explaining to do.  If it was just a title and someone else had the authority then he probably doesn’t.  Unless he pulled the trigger and was aware of the two prior accidental discharges.  Then I don’t know.  Too early to tell.  Baldwin could very well be a victim here.  

i had read he was a producer, not exec producer.  the producer "runs the show" on a movie, though there are often several.  an ep runs the show on a tv show.  there's a pretty big difference in how that all works and who reports to whom.

any and all producers involved with this movie will suffer some stress over this, but it won't get much past the insurance (depending on the neglect allegations i suppose).  regardless of whether he was "running the show", it will still fall on the people charged with handling the firearms and then to the people charged with handling those people (baldwin doesn't personally hire each crew member, regardless of his title).

i said the actor has little to do with this, and i've said all along that baldwin has no responsibility here, even though he fired the weapon.  if you're trying to twist things between "baldwin the actor" and "baldwin the producer" to claim that alec baldwin may have something to do with this, well yeah, i'm sure it's gonna be a fucking nightmare to deal with.  but he won't be held legally or financially responsible.  worst case (for him) is that it'll be very difficult for him to continue producing projects. 

and everybody on the crew involved with the firearm will no longer be working in the entertainment industry.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

wherein a moron tries to pretend he's a movie set expert

I mean….except for the numerous, stacked-up posts like mine above, that postulate that AB is fucked because he was both the trigger man and it all comes back to problems on the set, which look to have been really shitty, and of which he was well aware because he was the producer?

You fuckers love to make up strawmen and then strut around like a badass when you knock them down. All you’ve done is make yourself look pathetic, in full view of everyone.

You can run me down all you want.
Still doesnt change the fact that this actor makes a living poking fun at everyone. Fat shames and is a pos but gets a free pass cause hes a beloved actor I guess. Now this dipshit goes and kills and injures someone, on accident. Actors always supporting the conservatives cling to their guns and god bs. Yet here they are using guns to make $ and then it goes terribly wrong.
Im just pointing out the double standard.
Yes Im the bad guy here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

That is some seriously messed up shit. I'm not trying to attack you or anybody involved in Hollywood or anything, but it is. In pretty much every industry in the US the operator has the final say and the final responsibility. It is their job to know what is going on and what could go wrong. But here we have a system that seems designed to keep the "operator" in the dark.

I get that you have to break some of the rules for handling firearms in order to film a  movie that includes gunfights and stuff like that. But if you are going to do that, then the actors, who are essentially operators in any other industry, need to know their stuff. They need to be able to determine that the gun is safe, and that process needs to include all the people who could be affected by it.

The way Hollywood operates with this stuff is essentially like ignoring lock out tag out procedures and just blindly trusting that the person writing the safe work permit did everything properly. The whole system is pretty much designed to fail, and it is amazing that accidents like this aren't more common than they are now.

I can't even write a permit to allow maintenance to break into a mostly benign system process opening like plant air without multiple levels of checks to make sure that every source of energy has been isolated from the process. I have to obtain approvals from both operation's management and maintenance's management. I have to walk through every energy point that has been isolated with lock out tag out procedure and the guys who do the first break have to have special PPE just to break into something like a plant air line. Everybody on the job is supposed to be thoroughly familiar with what is going on, and any of them can shut it down due to concerns about safety. 

How in the hell do we have an industry where people are allowed to shoot guns at other people and the only person with any culpability is the armorer?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

if i drive my car away from the body shop and one of my tires falls off on the highway and causes a deadly wreck, whose fault is that- mine, or the expert who just gave me my car and told me that it was safe to drive? 

Ford + Firestone, IMO

Alec Baldwin Was Rehearsing Pointing Gun at Camera, Affidavit Says
The director of “Rust” gave the authorities the most detailed account yet of how the actor fatally shot the film’s cinematographer.

ALBUQUERQUE — Alec Baldwin was rehearsing a scene that involved pointing a revolver “towards the camera lens” when the gun — which the crew had been told did not contain live rounds — suddenly went off and killed the cinematographer, according to the film’s director, who was quoted in an affidavit released Sunday night.

The film’s director, Joel Souza, described hearing what “sounded like a whip and then loud pop.”

The account by Mr. Souza explained why Mr. Baldwin had been pointing the gun at the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins. But it did not answer the question of how a gun that was not supposed to contain live ammunition wound up killing her.

The director, who was wounded in the shooting, told investigators that he had believed that the gun was safe and that it had been described as a “cold gun” in firearm safety announcements. He said that guns on the film’s set were typically checked by the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, and then checked again by Dave Halls, the assistant director, who would hand them to the actors.

On film sets, the order of who handles a weapon typically involves a precise sequence, several armorers in the industry said. But actors had been handed guns on the set by both Mr. Halls and Ms. Gutierrez-Reed, according to a producer of “Rust” who asked not to be named because of the ongoing investigation.

On Thursday, after preparing for the scene in a set of a church, Mr. Souza told investigators, there was a lunch break, and the crew was taken by shuttle elsewhere for food. He said that they returned to the set after lunch but that he was “not sure if the firearm was checked again.”

The new details, which emerged when the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office released the affidavit used to obtain a search warrant, provided the fullest account yet of the deadly shooting, which took place Thursday afternoon on a set outside Santa Fe.

Mr. Baldwin had been sitting in a wooden church pew, rehearsing a scene that involved “cross drawing” a revolver and pointing it at the camera lens, Mr. Souza said, according to the affidavit. Mr. Souza said that he had been standing beside Ms. Hutchins “viewing the camera angle.”

Mr. Souza saw Ms. Hutchins grabbing her midsection and starting to stumble backward. Then he noticed he was bleeding from his shoulder.

The details, woven together by Detective Joel Cano in an application for a search warrant to seize everything from camera memory cards to bone fragments and firearm discharge, provide a chilling account of the fatal shooting on a production set that had been beset by accidental gun discharges and labor disputes between producers and crew members. (The warrant was granted.)

“Upon making contact I did observe a visible injury to his right shoulder,” Detective Cano said in the affidavit, describing how he had interviewed Mr. Souza on Friday afternoon, after the director had been treated for his injury. Ms. Hutchins, who sustained a gunshot wound to the chest area, had already been pronounced dead on Thursday at University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque.

“Joel stated there should never be live rounds whatsoever, near or around the scene,” Detective Cano wrote in the affidavit.

Mr. Souza was grappling with delays the day of the shooting, after about six members of the camera crew had quit over late pay and safety conditions, the affidavit said. Another crew had quickly been hired, but the production was off to a late start because of the labor problems. Mr. Souza said only one camera was available for recording before the shooting.

Asked about “the employees’ behavior,” Mr. Souza told investigators that “everyone was getting along” and that there had been “no altercations” to his knowledge.

The affidavit also includes notes from an interview with Reid Russell, a cameraman who was standing near Ms. Hutchins and Mr. Souza when the gun discharged.

Mr. Russell told the detective that after returning to the set from lunch, he had stepped outside for about five minutes; when he returned, according to the affidavit, Mr. Baldwin, Ms. Hutchins and Mr. Souza were setting up the scene and were already “in possession of the firearm.” Mr. Russell said he was not sure if the firearm had been inspected because he had been absent for those five minutes.

According to the affidavit, Mr. Halls grabbed the revolver from a gray, two-tiered tray set up by Ms. Gutierrez-Reed. Mr. Halls handed the gun to Mr. Baldwin and shouted, “cold gun,” which on a film set typically refers to an unloaded firearm.

While setting up the scene, the crew had to reposition the camera because there was a shadow. Mr. Russell told the detective that Mr. Baldwin was explaining how he was going to draw the gun, pulling it out from the holster, when the firearm discharged.

Mr. Russell said that Mr. Baldwin had been “very careful” with the firearm; during an earlier scene, Mr. Russell said, Mr. Baldwin had tried to ensure safety on set, making sure that a child wasn’t near him when he was discharging the gun. Asked about how members of the production team were behaving as they set up the scene, he said “everyone seemed to be getting along.”

Mr. Souza, the director, told the detective that because the crew had been setting up the scene when the gun discharged, the incident had not been filmed.

After the firearm was discharged, Mr. Russell told the detective he “remembered Joel having blood on his person, and Ms. Hutchins speaking and saying she couldn’t feel her legs.”

Alec Baldwin Was Rehearsing Pointing Gun at Camera, Affidavit Says
The director of “Rust” gave the authorities the most detailed account yet of how the actor fatally shot the film’s cinematographer.
ALBUQUERQUE — Alec Baldwin was rehearsing a scene that involved pointing a revolver “towards the camera lens” when the gun — which the crew had been told did not contain live rounds — suddenly went off and killed the cinematographer, according to the film’s director, who was quoted in an affidavit released Sunday night.
The film’s director, Joel Souza, described hearing what “sounded like a whip and then loud pop.”
The account by Mr. Souza explained why Mr. Baldwin had been pointing the gun at the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins. But it did not answer the question of how a gun that was not supposed to contain live ammunition wound up killing her.
The director, who was wounded in the shooting, told investigators that he had believed that the gun was safe and that it had been described as a “cold gun” in firearm safety announcements. He said that guns on the film’s set were typically checked by the film’s armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, and then checked again by Dave Halls, the assistant director, who would hand them to the actors.
On film sets, the order of who handles a weapon typically involves a precise sequence, several armorers in the industry said. But actors had been handed guns on the set by both Mr. Halls and Ms. Gutierrez-Reed, according to a producer of “Rust” who asked not to be named because of the ongoing investigation.
On Thursday, after preparing for the scene in a set of a church, Mr. Souza told investigators, there was a lunch break, and the crew was taken by shuttle elsewhere for food. He said that they returned to the set after lunch but that he was “not sure if the firearm was checked again.”
The new details, which emerged when the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office released the affidavit used to obtain a search warrant, provided the fullest account yet of the deadly shooting, which took place Thursday afternoon on a set outside Santa Fe.
Mr. Baldwin had been sitting in a wooden church pew, rehearsing a scene that involved “cross drawing” a revolver and pointing it at the camera lens, Mr. Souza said, according to the affidavit. Mr. Souza said that he had been standing beside Ms. Hutchins “viewing the camera angle.”
Mr. Souza saw Ms. Hutchins grabbing her midsection and starting to stumble backward. Then he noticed he was bleeding from his shoulder.
The details, woven together by Detective Joel Cano in an application for a search warrant to seize everything from camera memory cards to bone fragments and firearm discharge, provide a chilling account of the fatal shooting on a production set that had been beset by accidental gun discharges and labor disputes between producers and crew members. (The warrant was granted.)
“Upon making contact I did observe a visible injury to his right shoulder,” Detective Cano said in the affidavit, describing how he had interviewed Mr. Souza on Friday afternoon, after the director had been treated for his injury. Ms. Hutchins, who sustained a gunshot wound to the chest area, had already been pronounced dead on Thursday at University of New Mexico Hospital in Albuquerque.
“Joel stated there should never be live rounds whatsoever, near or around the scene,” Detective Cano wrote in the affidavit.
Mr. Souza was grappling with delays the day of the shooting, after about six members of the camera crew had quit over late pay and safety conditions, the affidavit said. Another crew had quickly been hired, but the production was off to a late start because of the labor problems. Mr. Souza said only one camera was available for recording before the shooting.
Asked about “the employees’ behavior,” Mr. Souza told investigators that “everyone was getting along” and that there had been “no altercations” to his knowledge.
The affidavit also includes notes from an interview with Reid Russell, a cameraman who was standing near Ms. Hutchins and Mr. Souza when the gun discharged.
Mr. Russell told the detective that after returning to the set from lunch, he had stepped outside for about five minutes; when he returned, according to the affidavit, Mr. Baldwin, Ms. Hutchins and Mr. Souza were setting up the scene and were already “in possession of the firearm.” Mr. Russell said he was not sure if the firearm had been inspected because he had been absent for those five minutes.
According to the affidavit, Mr. Halls grabbed the revolver from a gray, two-tiered tray set up by Ms. Gutierrez-Reed. Mr. Halls handed the gun to Mr. Baldwin and shouted, “cold gun,” which on a film set typically refers to an unloaded firearm.
While setting up the scene, the crew had to reposition the camera because there was a shadow. Mr. Russell told the detective that Mr. Baldwin was explaining how he was going to draw the gun, pulling it out from the holster, when the firearm discharged.
Mr. Russell said that Mr. Baldwin had been “very careful” with the firearm; during an earlier scene, Mr. Russell said, Mr. Baldwin had tried to ensure safety on set, making sure that a child wasn’t near him when he was discharging the gun. Asked about how members of the production team were behaving as they set up the scene, he said “everyone seemed to be getting along.”
Mr. Souza, the director, told the detective that because the crew had been setting up the scene when the gun discharged, the incident had not been filmed.
After the firearm was discharged, Mr. Russell told the detective he “remembered Joel having blood on his person, and Ms. Hutchins speaking and saying she couldn’t feel her legs.”

That is horrible. What a tragedy (that could have been avoided).

Who brought up trump?
Yes Trumps a narcissistic asshole but hillary being a shitty candidate is just as much to blame as anything. I liked some trumps ideas. His delivery and self inflating lies and bullshit was maddening and sickening. He was just like every other politician but just x 100. I hope to god he doesnt run again.
I loved obama and voted for him. Whats that gotta do with it being kinda funny (in a cryptic surly ima terrible person) and ironic that AB, who mocks others for them doing stupid bonehead shit and is anti 2nd Amendment produces a movie using guns then accidentally shoots and kills and injures people. They were killed with a real gun, not a “prop” gun sounds like to me. Yet the media and everyone is treating AB with kid gloves. Fuck that
If you dont see the irony and poetic justice, in a fucked up surly way I admit, then I dont know what to tell you.
Man ol trump did a number on yall. Yall sound like a buncha aggies. He was a shithead and lost, jesus let bad orange man go.

Why is the myth that “everyone is treating AB with kid gloves” so important to you? I mean, you’re faced with direct evidence to the contrary in multiple posts in this very thread, yet you continue to state it and restate it as if repetition will make it true…it’s fascinating to watch, really. You so desperately need and want it to be the case that you simply disregard all contrary evidence. That’s the thing we’re all staring at right now - you, acting completely delusional.
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Fully loaded in a rack on the back window in an unlocked truck is precisely how I grew up.

Grabbing a loaded gun in the right season of the year as an 8-year-old was as easy as opening dad's truck or, if he was gone, walking over to a neighbor's also-unlocked truck. And at 10 I had my own, so no need for dad's. None of us ever shot ourselves or each other. No one acted like any of it was a big deal (because it wasn't).

I'm not even mocking people for being unsafe with guns; I'm mocking these people for being fucking liars.

Jesus your middle name should be Darwin Award in waiting. Grew up hunting, and handling firearms, and never was a loaded weapon allowed in a vehicle for any reason.  Yeah that was a big safety issue whether you recognized it or not.

• Hook 'Em 3

More details on the safety issues (along with the wage issues) that led to the crew members leaving the shoot seems relevant. Were these specific to the usage of prop guns, or something else? 

Also continuing to employ the green "armorer" after apparently having several issues in the previous weeks seems problematic. Is that the director's call?