Alec Baldwin Shoots and Kills Cinematographer, Wounds Director

atomheartbevo

11 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

let's assume for a minute that the gun (and any other real guns) lived in a lockbox only accessible by...the one person charged with keeping it safe - the armorer.  if she just kept it locked away until it needed to be used for a shot, then she wouldn't have anything to worry about.  other duties (propmaster?) shouldn't interfere at all in that circumstance.

will al gore GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

"Hannah, still to this day has never had an accidental discharge on set"

On THIS set? Or the other set where several people claim otherwise?

Wtf? So now she's saying a few dozen people are lying about her actions or inactions? Seems like a, "well you gotta prove I'm an idiot" deflection.

Have you seen her pics? No way anyone would ever have an accidental discharge around her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have to think the inexperienced armorer was afforded more leeway than she should have been because of her father. Not necessarily direct nepotism, but she was surely leaning on pop's reputation in securing her early gigs and being seen as much more capable than she actually was at her job(s). If you aren't familiar with her dad:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thell_Reed

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0715715/

5 hours ago, MrBig said:

So who loaded that gun with the "blanks"?  

Who had access to the "locker" that would have been able to open it and put a live round among the blanks?

Was the locker actually locked, or was it open for anyone to grab guns and ammo as needed? 

There are a lot of very simple questions that could explain a lot of what was going on throughout the filming, and I'm guessing the answers would lead to an entire set full of adults that were not taking proper precaution with the guns, ammo and chain of custody of the firearms. The problem for Hannah is, it's her job to ensure people do take caution and not let anyone get hurt with her weapons. 

6 hours ago, MrBig said:

I Called it in the CR version: "Things Not Going Well for Alec Baldwin"

On 10/25/2021 at 11:18 AM, 0xdeadbeef said:

There were scabs on set, right?  Have we blamed a Union worker yet?  That seems totally plausible. 

A completely reliable anonymous source told me that this one time at band camp, a union worker.....

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

So who loaded that gun with the "blanks"?  

Who had access to the "locker" that would have been able to open it and put a live round among the blanks?

Was the locker actually locked, or was it open for anyone to grab guns and ammo as needed? 

There are a lot of very simple questions that could explain a lot of what was going on throughout the filming, and I'm guessing the answers would lead to an entire set full of adults that were not taking proper precaution with the guns, ammo and chain of custody of the firearms. The problem for Hannah is, it's her job to ensure people do take caution and not let anyone get hurt with her weapons. 

I guess you never know when or why someone on a movie set might be wearing gloves but there should be fingerprints on the casing and other rounds in the cylinder.  And if there’s not, and the people that should be loading it don’t wear gloves, that would be suspicious. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Baldwin is calling for a police officer to be present on all movie sets involving firearms. 

More people (and dogs) are going to be "accidentally" shot. 

Yeah, brilliant....  They don't need a competent armorer, just a cop standing around ogling the donut cart...

What they need is a certified range master who just practices the rules of firearm safety. It ain't rocket science here.

• Hook 'Em 1

How many firearm scenes have been filmed in the history of movies, and how many firearms accidents/fatalities have there been?

I’m guessing that this is extremely rare and that the standard safety practices almost always work fine.

I wonder what the per capita fatalities look like vs other entertainment professions (sports, music, theater, circuses, etc.).

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

How many firearm scenes have been filmed in the history of movies, and how many firearms accidents/fatalities have there been?

I’m guessing that this is extremely rare and that the standard safety practices almost always work fine.

I wonder what the per capita fatalities look like vs other entertainment professions (sports, music, theater, circuses, etc.).

It is pretty rare.  We also probably have no idea about how many incidents actually happen on sets.

The bizarre thing about this is they already had 3 incidents, and they still didn't think to take a few seconds of precaution ?  How much of a disconnect was going on in these peoples heads ?

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Pulled the hammer back and just let it go, is his story. Just following directions.
Wtf

That's just a lie. The type of SAA revolver he was using will not fire that way. He is also claiming his finger was outside the trigger guard against the gun, parallel to the barrel. That would have meant his finger was out in front of the cylinder and would have burned the fuck out of it. Dude is just making up shit now...sabotage ect sounds like a good way to plant some 'reasonable doubt'

• Hook 'Em 1

All of his comments are just trying to create doubt, and an unclear series of events that occurred beyond his control.

I’d really like to meet the person that swears that his finger was not inside the trigger guard.  For something that happened so quickly, they just happened to be looking at that specific point on the gun when he was doing the maneuver ??

EDIT: In my opinion IF he's so unfamiliar with guns he wouldn't even know not to keep your finger off the trigger.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1