Things Not Going Well for Alec Baldwin

ousuxndallas

19 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I wouldn't wish having to live with accidentally killing someone on my worst enemy. But hey, he has different political views than you, so you do you.

Lol this is funny coming on CR. If you have the wrong political views, we cheer on your cancer diagnosis, lament that the tree didn’t kill you instead of just paralyze you etc. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 20

5 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Lol this is funny coming on CR. If you have the wrong political views, we cheer on your cancer diagnosis, lament that the tree didn’t kill you instead of just paralyze you etc. 

Wrong. Only pubs do shit like that. D’s are perfect in every conceivable way.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 5

2 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I remember looney Peggy Noonan writing a column at least ten years ago about conservatives were generally too well-mannered and quiet to get down in the mud with the lib mob. 

I guess that's you. You come here with an earnest post filled with thought, humanity, and politeness only to have the meanies criticize you.

The most interesting bit of projection is your errant belief that we're all some homogenized, lock-step dogmatists looking to pounce on some unfortunate good soul such as yourself.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3

Things aren’t actually going well for him, but not for the dumbass political reason OP is making.

Not only is he a producer, but he also owns the production company behind the movie. 

He was in charge while union workers walked off the job due to safety concerns and scabs were brought on to continue work. 

He literally owns and operated the company that promoted a culture of ignoring safety protocols in order to speed up production at less cost.

So Alec Baldwin owned the company at fault. He held a title of producer, who is ultimately responsible for the safety of the cast and crew, crew that have been walking off set due to unsafe conditions. And he literally fired the shot that killed one of his staff, and it was the third negligent gun discharge of the production.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Satoshi said:

I see you’re trying to get banned again. You seem to like it for some reason. I guess it pays the rent in your shithole apartment.

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Things aren’t actually going well for him, but not for the dumbass political reason OP is making.

Not only is he a producer, but he also owns the production company behind the movie. 

He was in charge while union workers walked off the job due to safety concerns and scabs were brought on to continue work. 

He literally owns and operated the company that promoted a culture of ignoring safety protocols in order to speed up production at less cost.

So Alec Baldwin owned the company at fault. He held a title of producer, who is ultimately responsible for the safety of the cast and crew, crew that have been walking off set due to unsafe conditions. And he literally fired the shot that killed one of his staff, and it was the third negligent gun discharge of the production.

If this is all true he’s about to get sued into oblivion and deservedly so.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Who the fuck is Gutfeld?

It’s a Fox News “comedy” show that airs weeknights at 10:00 and is basically the least funny thing you could ever watch. 

On second thought I think you are probably too young to have seen that piece of shit show since you basically have to be at least 70 years old and suffering from dementia to suffer through it. I could not make it through five minutes of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s a Fox News “comedy” show that airs weeknights at 10:00 and is basically the least funny thing you could ever watch. 

On second thought I think you are probably too young to have seen that piece of shit show since you basically have to be at least 70 years old and suffering from dementia to suffer through it. I could not make it through five minutes of it. 

Gutfield is the #1 late night show on TV, including number one in the key 25-54 demographic. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10066179/The-NEW-king-late-night-Greg-Gutfeld-trounced-Colbert-mocking-woke-left.html

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh hell no I don’t have time for any of that bullshit.  If it’s the guy I’m thinking of, I think I’ve seen about 60 seconds while flipping thru channels.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Gutfield is the #1 late night show on TV, including number one in the key 25-54 demographic. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10066179/The-NEW-king-late-night-Greg-Gutfeld-trounced-Colbert-mocking-woke-left.html

And? It airs at 10:00 when normal people watch the local news. Not 10:30. It’s the same reason Fox News has the highest ratings over CNN, MSNBC and the networks. It the fascist leader that caters to conservative dipshits so it’s all they’ve got unless they go full Alex Jones and OAN.

More importantly it’s stupid. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

And? It airs at 10:00 when normal people watch the local news. Not 10:30. It’s the same reason Fox News has the highest ratings over CNN, MSNBC and the networks. It the fascist leader that caters to conservative dipshits so it’s all they’ve got unless they go full Alex Jones and OAN.

More importantly it’s stupid. 

I didn’t say it was great. But discounting it as stupid shit no one is watching is factually inaccurate. The demographics and numbers don’t lie, and discounting it because it’s stupid when it’s getting massive numbers is putting your head in the sand in regards to what folks are watching, and subsequently what people are thinking.  Are you also the guy who says marvel movies are dumb and no one watches them either? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I didn’t say it was great. But discounting it as stupid shit no one is watching is factually inaccurate. The demographics and numbers don’t lie, and discounting it because it’s stupid when it’s getting massive numbers is putting your head in the sand in regards to what folks are watching, and subsequently what people are thinking.  Are you also the guy who says marvel movies are dumb and no one watches them either? 

I’ll concede there are at least 400,000 dipshits in this country aged 25-54 who like to watch this stupid ass show in a nation of 300 million plus. If those numbers are “massive,” so be it. That’s almost as many people that lived in Austin when I graduated from high school.

Edited by JimmyJames

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’ll concede there are at least 400,000 dipshits in this country aged 25-54 who like to watch this stupid ass show in a nation of 300 million plus. If those numbers are “massive,” so be it. That’s almost as many people that lived in Austin when I graduated from high school.

Well, it’s more massive than anyone watching Colbert or any other late night show. So again, perspective. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, it’s more massive than anyone watching Colbert or any other late night show. So again, perspective. 

I understand that. But for further perspective, it goes back to what I was saying earlier. If ABC, NBC, and CBS are all considered MSM and “liberal” and they all have 400k viewers each totaling 1.2 million, and Fox which is considered conservative and has 400k plus viewers, which viewpoint is really leading here.

Fox caters to the conservative dipshits and since they have no real legitimate competition are course going to beat three other networks which their audience considers liberal and MSM. Every single night. No matter how dumb a show like gutfeld is. 

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I understand that. But for further perspective, it goes back to what I was saying earlier. If ABC, NBC, and CBS are all considered MSM and “liberal” and they all have 400k viewers each totaling 1.2 million, and Fox which is considered conservative and has 400k plus viewers, which viewpoint is really leading here.

Fox caters to the conservative dipshits and since they have no real legitimate competition are course going to beat three other networks which their audience considers liberal and MSM. Every single night. No matter how dumb a show like gutfeld is. 

Yeah man, I understand your point. And young folks don’t ingest late night shows or news at all in large numbers. They consume elsewhere. But you shouldn’t dismiss it because you don’t respect it, just like it’s stupid to insist no one watches Fox News either. People if all ages are being poisoned by that network, gutfield is no exception, and to make a wanking motion and not recognizing that is stupid myopia. Jan 6th was no big deal either, I guess 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fair points, but with FOX viewers, it's like counting moths drawn to the light of the TV screen. Both act according to habit, and neither is discerning.

This is some terrible shit that happened to that poor lady but when you are making money off of americas unnatural obsession with guns and gun violence then some dumb shit happens with said gun…there has to be a teachable moment here eh? It’s like when people are doing lion shows and get maimed right? Maybe I’m being callous or an asshole but damn when will we learn to just leave certain shit alone as humans. 

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Alec Baldwin is an abusive and narcissistic piece of shit and this is still an extremely stupid criticism of him.

I guess.  Makes it hard for me to gaf how he feels about it.  Maybe should have paid attention to the “12 Golden rules” and not broken like 6 of them.  Too busy shooting off his cock holster on the subject to probably ever learn them.  Further evidenced by the walk off from the employees concerned with their safety   Feel terrible for the victims. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Fair points, but with FOX viewers, it's like counting moths drawn to the light of the TV screen. Both act according to habit, and neither is discerning.

I've been down to Houston several times in the last year for work and stayed at my pop's place each time, as he has a nice big place and comfortable and good to have family time. I noticed that the big main room 84" TV was on Fox news 24/7. I wasn't too surprised as he's a semi-retired conservative Texas doctor. Except he wasn't watching it. 

We decided to watch a movie one night and he said we'll need to go into the study. His complicated distributed TV setup had the main TV stuck on Fox and he couldn't change the channel. He just left it on to have something on.

I'm just hoping that it's all just old boomers who can't figure out how to change the channel.

Edited by Walser
  • Like 1

How is this a CR topic ?  He was using an alleged prop gun on a movie set, and did something that violated 2 of the absolute rules of gun safety: always verify it's unloaded when you're handling it, and don't ever point a gun at another person, loaded or not.

He's a stupid, prick, who put the safety of everyone on the set in potential danger to save money, and he's got to live with the fact his actions led directly to the death of another person.

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

This is some terrible shit that happened to that poor lady but when you are making money off of americas unnatural obsession with guns and gun violence then some dumb shit happens with said gun…there has to be a teachable moment here eh? It’s like when people are doing lion shows and get maimed right? Maybe I’m being callous or an asshole but damn when will we learn to just leave certain shit alone as humans. 

I went ahead and edited that statement for you.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

How is this a CR topic ?  He was using an alleged prop gun on a movie set, and did something that violated 2 of the absolute rules of gun safety: always verify it's unloaded when you're handling it, and don't ever point a gun at another person, loaded or not.

He's a stupid, prick, who put the safety of everyone on the set in potential danger to save money, and he's got to live with the fact his actions led directly to the death of another person.

WTF dude.   I've personally witnessed two LAPD officers point a weapon (two weapons) at a kid that couldn't have been more than 12 or 13 years old.   Cops do it all day, every day.  Are they stupid pricks for doing it? 

2 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Did this happen while they were filming?

The initial account that I read said that they were filming on location. Baldwin had the prop gun for a scene they were rolling on or about to roll on.

I have no idea if all the info about safety and unions and shit is true or not as the poster did not use a source. I saw a headline somewhere recently saying the armorer had doubts that she was up to the job.

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

WTF dude.   I've personally witnessed two LAPD officers point a weapon (two weapons) at a kid that couldn't have been more than 12 or 13 years old.   Cops do it all day, every day.  Are they stupid pricks for doing it? 

You’re talking about 2 very different sets of circumstances. 

Baldwin fucking around on a set and pointing a weapon at people that he doesn’t even know if it’s loaded or not is for damn sure a prick move.

Cops pointing their weapons at 13 year olds in many circumstances could be considered pricks.  Still not a political topic in my opinion.

Lulz, of course some dumbass made this about politics. Durrrrr ebil libs killed someone with a gun, why would you use a gun in a movie when you spoke out in favor of gun control, durrrrr....

Although it does sound like he's fucked if he owned that production company. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Because the OP, I’d you read it, specifically placed it in here to troll LiBrULs

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

What specifically qualifies AB as "adamantly anti-firearm"? I just skimmed some links where he was having a Twitter beef with the NRA, but there gun owners here and elsewhere who oppose the NRA. 

Those aren't criticisms made in good faith - they just need ammo for their culture war

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1