Things Not Going Well for Alec Baldwin

ousuxndallas

13 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

See my predictive post above. 

I find your claim about your feeling about Baldwin to be incredibly credible. I'm sure there is another reason for your jijad.

No, I don't include Baldwin in my family. I suppose it seemed clever to turn my observation about your apparent ill-disposition into a facile riposte about some imagined familial connection.

My affection is for honest debate and discourse. Don't expect another response from me if you merely parrot your earlier, refuted points.

What Jihad?  I made a post in a thread about him.

So are you saying he has no responsibility in this?  The good news is I guess we will find out eventually. 

10 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What exactly do think production companies do?

Production companies bring scalable, enterprise-wide thought leadership, logistical expertise navigating the "production ecosystem", and results driven processes maximizing organizational synergies culminating in a best-in-class media solution that meets the demands of a diverse consumer constituency.

Production companies don't just produce movies. They produce better people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Xian said:

The onset owner of the production company?  the buck generally stops with the head person. Especially if they are actively involved in the organization.   Either way, the courts will eventually tell us. 

Which production company? There’s more than one. Why is one more responsible than the others? Why do you think the onset owner of a production company is in charge of the set?

Just FYI movie and TV sets have designated employees who a responsible for on set safety. The owner of the production company isn’t one of them. 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

DOTARD's Demon Spawn is selling Alec Baldwin/Rust t-shirts: https://www.nme.com/news/film/donald-trump-jr-is-selling-t-shirts-about-alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-3078695

Donald Trump Jr has been selling T-shirts referring to Alec Baldwin’s fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust.

The actor fired a prop gun during production last week, which killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza, with Baldwin since saying that his “heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna”.

Trump Jr, who is the son of former US president Donald Trump and a frequent critic of Baldwin, has taken to his Instagram Stories to share a T-shirt that says: “Guns don’t kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people”, which is being sold for $27.99 (£20.32) on his website.

He also photoshopped an image of Baldwin wearing the T-shirt, and in recent days has been posting memes related to the actor, including one saying: “Let’s all watch Alec Baldwin blame the gun.”

Speaking after the incident last week, Baldwin said: “There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother, and deeply admired colleague of ours.

“I’m fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.”

Production on Rust has since wrapped “until investigations are complete”, according to a letter to the film’s crew, with Baldwin reportedly cancelling other projects in the wake of the incident.

An affidavit has since been released that includes testimony from Souza, who said that a scene involving Baldwin “cross drawing” a revolver and pointing it at a camera was being rehearsed when the incident occurred and that he was assured the gun that killed Hutchins was safe beforehand.

Additionally, cameraman Russell Reid said that Baldwin was “very careful” with the gun, and the actor had tried to ensure safety on set earlier on.

No charges have been made in relation to the incident at the time of writing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, I suspect his position is not to ban all firearms but to have some regulatory limits on ownership, which was the NRA's previous position decades ago, but I honestly don't know. Just weird to think where Lynyrd freakin Skynyrd's position in Saturday Night Special would fall on the political spectrum in the current Overton Window. 

That's the second time I've seen that term used on Surly, this month. And I think you used it then. Maybe it's been used before and I just missed it. The only other person I know who uses that term with any frequency is John McWorther.

45 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

That's the second time I've seen that term used on Surly, this month. And I think you used it then. Maybe it's been used before and I just missed it. The only other person I know who uses that term with any frequency is John McWorther.

That phrase is used fairly frequently by political commenters across the political spectrum.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, C-Man said:

An affidavit has since been released that includes testimony from Souza, who said that a scene involving Baldwin “cross drawing” a revolver and pointing it at a camera was being rehearsed when the incident occurred and that he was assured the gun that killed Hutchins was safe beforehand.

Cameraman Russell Reid said that Baldwin was “very careful” with the gun, and the actor had tried to ensure safety on set earlier on.

Ahem.

Donald Trump Jr has been selling T-shirts referring to Alec Baldwin’s fatal shooting of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust.

Junior with freshly removed elephant tail. He'd just killed it. Intentionally and with pride.

spacer.png

Forbes defended him as an upright guy who legally got the kill. I guess the last part is right. Forbes reported that the elephants were overpopulating this area of Zimbabwe. Instead of spending some money to find a way to preserve them, Junior indulges himself by killing one instead.

Anybody here wish they were in that picture?

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Ahem.

Junior with freshly removed elephant tail. He'd just killed it. Intentionally and with pride.

spacer.png

Forbes defended him as an upright guy who legally got the kill. I guess the last part is right. Forbes reported that the elephants were overpopulating this area of Zimbabwe. Instead of spending some money to find a way to preserve them, Junior indulges himself by killing one instead.

Every time I see this picture I think of this:

buster-bluth.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Yeah, I use it all the time because examples of how far to the right this country has swung occur all the time. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Ahem.

spacer.png

knife looks pretty clean for just having cut a tail off. Also, cutting through skin, bone, tendons with that knife would not be an easy task. He's not even sweating. Not a speck of blood or gore on his shirt or pants or hands.

I would give 10 to 1 odds, jr sat in an air conditioned Land Rover, and was only outside for the 30 seconds it took to aim and pull the trigger. (Imagine how difficult a shot- huge animal probably not moving at 30 yards). He gets back into the still running Land Rover, and waits while the guide hacks the tail off with a machete. He gets out, the guide hands the tail to him, and someone takes the pic (don't forget the knife), and then he's back into the AC before the sweating starts.

edit to add: There is probably the elephant equivalent of a corn feeder just off camera.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

knife looks pretty clean for just having cut a tail off. Also, cutting through skin, bone, tendons with that knife would not be an easy task. He's not even sweating. Not a speck of blood or gore on his shirt or pants or hands.

I would give 10 to 1 odds, jr sat in an air conditioned Land Rover, and was only outside for the 30 seconds it took to aim and pull the trigger. (Imagine how difficult a shot- huge animal probably not moving at 30 yards). He gets back into the still running Land Rover, and waits while the guide hacks the tail off with a machete. He gets out, the guide hands the tail to him, and someone takes the pic (don't forget the knife), and then he's back into the AC before the sweating starts.

edit to add: There is probably the elephant equivalent of a corn feeder just off camera.

I'd also lay odds he didn't fire the kill shot. Elephants are hard to kill. Even harder for an effeminate cokehead who's pulse was probably around 220 bpm. The normal method is to stalk the animal to within 20-30 yards, then make a head shot at almost point blank range. There is always a PH ready to hand you another rifle for a follow up shot, and at least two others with back-up guns trained on the animal to get off a second or third shot if the animal charges. Jr likely grazed the animal, and the professional hunters with him likely fired the final 2-3 shots to put the animal down.   

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Joke's on Junior. The PH handed him the elephant's dork, not his tail.

johnny-dangerously-dork.gif

26 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I'd also lay odds he didn't fire the kill shot. Elephants are hard to kill. Even harder for an effeminate cokehead who's pulse was probably around 220 bpm. The normal method is to stalk the animal to within 20-30 yards, then make a head shot at almost point blank range. There is always a PH ready to hand you another rifle for a follow up shot, and at least two others with back-up guns trained on the animal to get off a second or third shot if the animal charges. Jr likely grazed the animal, and the professional hunters with him likely fired the final 2-3 shots to put the animal down.   

That’s not the rifle an heir to a billionaire hunts Africa with.  But it’s exactly what I figured a Trump would bring, if I had to guess.  Westley Richards would likely decline their money, tbh.  Ivanka really should keep me around for things like this. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Ahem.

spacer.png

Who puts mousse in their hair before hunting elephants?  I mean, I get snorting half a gram before the hunt, but Tresseme'?  How do you ask the guide in Swahili, "What is the Sephora situation out here?"  

32 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

That’s not the rifle an heir to a billionaire hunts Africa with.  But it’s exactly what I figured a Trump would bring, if I had to guess.  Westley Richards would likely decline their money, tbh.  Ivanka really should keep me around for things like this. 

The Holland & Holland store in London ran his credit and kicked him out. 

10 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I see an old dude who's a 3 who replicated himself with a younger woman who is at least a 7 AFTER JUST NOW POPPING OUT A BABY, so give her a day to rest and she's back to 9 status...

... so, Daddy's Got Game.

But she is 7 plus on the crazy scale and he wifed... so...

• Drool 1

On 10/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, hobbes2702 said:

I wasn’t trolling. You come in here and blame Alec Baldwin because he has different political views than you do. You then double down and prove how uninformed you are about how any of this works, which is pretty standard for you. I just figured somewhere in there Hillary would be your next target since she’s been your boogeyman for years and you weren’t factual anyway. 

Alec Baldwin deserves blame because he is the dumb motherfucker that pointed the gun towards other people while practicing his Barney Fife quick draw. That and the numerous other reasons the blame should fall on him. It's too bad he didn't simultaneously shoot his dick and mouth off

• Fuck You 3

On 10/24/2021 at 9:07 AM, Nivek said:

If the earth was invaded by murderous aliens from Mars and it was reported on CNN, 40% of the country would believe it was fake even as they were being Ooh-lahed** to death.

**Farewell thunderchild...  (See if you uncultured hippies can understand reference)

Just a point that hippies may still be saying Ulla but the cool kids are all into the UllaDubUlla. But definitely plus rep for one of the finest and cheesiest albums of the 70's. Would love to have been in the studio for the direction: "Days of Future Passed, but more so".

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immortal13 said:

Alec Baldwin deserves blame because he is the dumb motherfucker that pointed the gun towards other people while practicing his Barney Fife quick draw. That and the numerous other reasons the blame should fall on him. It's too bad he didn't simultaneously shoot his dick and mouth off

Negged for lying.

2 hours ago, immortal13 said:

I can't imagine how broken your brain has to be to come up with a deranged take like this. Like, fuck Alec Baldwin, he sucks and it's fun to dunk on him, but this isn't his fault. The armorer and whoever else may have handled/inspected the gun before the scene shooting bear the responsibility. It's really pathetic to try and pin this horrible tragedy on a dude just because you disagree with his political stance. I wouldn't wish accidentally killing someone on my worst enemy, it has to destroy you for life. For once in your life, have a little empathy and don't be a pathetic little worm.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Lmao at the cloak roomers circling the wagons around Alec Baldwin 🤣 

Between the two threads you have about 30 posts in the last 24 hours about Alec Baldwin, with possibly one or two containing original thought where you aren't just repeating yourself.  Somebody's life tragically ended prematurely and you just can't contain your glee because it happened at the hands of somebody who votes differently than you. 

It's not the best look.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1