Things Not Going Well for Alec Baldwin

ousuxndallas

1 minute ago, LW Goatman said:

Which is a wtf moment. Most of them are liberal types who hate guns, unless it promotes their bottom line.

Then they don’t have the common sense to clear a firearm?

My daughter is 8 and would’ve avoided that accident.

What a dumb comment. Yes actors sometimes have to use guns in their movies. How hypocritical of them.

He doesn’t have experience with guns. Your daughter probably does. This isn’t hard

5 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I think the McCloskeys violated everyone of these and got a speaking spot at the NRA's favorite political party's convention because of it. 

Capture+_2021-10-31-15-06-08-1.png

Looks like fingers are straight and off the trigger.

those 4 rules have been ingrained in my brain. I would never trust someone telling me a gun was unloaded. Always inspect for yourself. Simple rules if you plan on dealing with firearms. Sorry it happened. 

On 10/30/2021 at 7:36 PM, LW Goatman said:

Which is a wtf moment. Most of them are liberal types who hate guns, unless it promotes their bottom line.

Then they don’t have the common sense to clear a firearm?

My daughter is 8 and would’ve avoided that accident.

Do you seriously think Clint Eastwood checked every gun he ever used on the sets of movie and tv shows? 

11 hours ago, Balcones said:

Looks like fingers are straight and off the trigger.

those 4 rules have been ingrained in my brain. I would never trust someone telling me a gun was unloaded. Always inspect for yourself. Simple rules if you plan on dealing with firearms. Sorry it happened. 

Remind me to never go shooting at a range with you.  I can't see shit on computer screens, but your vision is absolute dogshit if you can't tell her fucking Claw Talon is inside the guard.  Nevermind what we now know about her disposition and desire to shoot darkies.

Christ almighty, the fucking zest for gun safety comes out after a horrible movie set tragedy.  But open carry for certified lunatics with zero training?  FUCK YEAH!

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i watched that whole video, and...i don't see what's wrong there? maybe help me out?

Starts off with - I'm not allowed to publicly comment because it's an ongoing investigation

Proceeds to publicly comment for 3 mins

Admitted to and discusses extensive experience with firearms on movie sets

He did this whole act where he's playing the victim. The reporter didn't even remember the family members name wtf, they made his kids cry wtf... But he came off just seeming like more of a narcissist. He pulled over on the side of the road for a spontaneous interview.

He may very well have been the victim of someone else intentional or negligent mistake, but he is going to have a really tough time defending himself when he keeps running his mouth. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, henrygandorf said:

producer, not exec producer.  an executive producer would likely never step foot on set and most likely would have zero knowledge of anything happening on the set.

On 10/28/2021 at 11:30 PM, DDD Dad said:

Forget it. He’s rolling.

Perhaps but it was not my quote.  I was quoting an attorney specializing in entertainment defense law that was interviewed by Time magazine.  

21 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I think the McCloskeys violated everyone of these and got a speaking spot at the NRA's favorite political party's convention because of it. 

Capture+_2021-10-31-15-06-08-1.png

Well nobody died and they both plead guilty to lesser charges.  The fact that they became famous is amusing I suppose.  I think they are whackos.  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Perhaps but it was not my quote.  I was quoting an attorney specializing in entertainment defense law that was interviewed by Time magazine.  

it was not your quote, it was from some article but in the body of your post.  just thought it was a little counterproductive that an "expert" brought in to share his opinion would confuse something pretty important to the situation.

26 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it was not your quote, it was from some article but in the body of your post.  just thought it was a little counterproductive that an "expert" brought in to share his opinion would confuse something pretty important to the situation.

Understood and agreed.  Although in the case against AB, I don't think it matters if he was technically a producer or executive producer as he was, obviously, very involved and on the set.

54 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

Understood and agreed.  Although in the case against AB, I don't think it matters if he was technically a producer or executive producer as he was, obviously, very involved and on the set.

the whole point is that if he was technically an executive producer he wouldn't have been as involved.

As a layman that video seems very benign.

However, I am sure an experienced attorney can take many of his comments there and use them against him both legally and in a civil trial.  He would be better off saying nothing for sure.

GMA lawyer this morning said he didn’t say anything that will get him in trouble.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Maybe he just jarred it. More likely, his brain refused to accept that he did pull the trigger; I’ve seen enough evidence of brains denying fact to recognize that possibility.

Not ready to concede that he has a brain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It was probably his lawyer that told him to say that. 

You are out of your depth.  People can go through trauma and not recall all the details or events and remember them incorrectly.  I have a few where adrenaline fucked up my perception or understanding of what happened, but I can reason through it.  Hell baseball players still swear to this day that some of Nolan Ryan's pitches defied gravity and went up just before the plate (they are baseball dumb, but whatever).

26 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I have a few where adrenaline fucked up my perception or understanding of what happened, but I can reason through it

This is apparently where you and Alec Baldwin differ.

He knows how a gun works. If he wants to claim psychological trauma has distorted his perception of the events, that would of course be understandable. That does not appear to be what he is doing. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

His gun was a single action revolver or a replica of one. They can fire without the hammer being cocked or the trigger being pulled if a strong enough jolt causes the pin to strike the rounds primer with enough force to set it off. That is why the "cowboy load" was used. That is leaving the chamber underneath the hammer empty so a hard jolt wouldn't set off a round unintentionally. But practicing a cross draw would be unlikely to cause that, I would think. Unless the gun was real defective. It's intent was to use with blanks or dummy rounds so I don't know if the defect would matter in a prop gun. This just makes it more tragic that there was a live round in it. This poor lady really had her number called.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 11/1/2021 at 11:09 AM, Zeus said:

Starts off with - I'm not allowed to publicly comment because it's an ongoing investigation

Proceeds to publicly comment for 3 mins

Admitted to and discusses extensive experience with firearms on movie sets

He did this whole act where he's playing the victim. The reporter didn't even remember the family members name wtf, they made his kids cry wtf... But he came off just seeming like more of a narcissist. He pulled over on the side of the road for a spontaneous interview.

He may very well have been the victim of someone else intentional or negligent mistake, but he is going to have a really tough time defending himself when he keeps running his mouth. 

He said he couldn't comment on the investigation. He didn't do so. He said basically nothing other than he went to dinner with the victim. Nothing from that interview is going to hurt him. 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, Zeus said:

This fucking idiot is going to hang himself with his shitty acting lmao

image.png.54462dc50db6fdeb18f45599ee9eb7e8.png

title of the vid is dumb but the acting in this video is just insane

What's going on here is that AB and his wife went to Vermont to get away from this exact thing.  They were found by the papparazzi.  They understand this is part of the gig, but they are still pissed off about it. The kids are crying in the car because they were being chased by the papparazzi.  The goal of AB and his wife was to get the papparazzi to stop following them.  AB knew that the only way to do it was to answer their questions and give them what they wanted (or as much as he could without jeopardizing himself).  His wife was letting her anger interfere with dealing effectively with the papparazzi in the only way possible - to give them what they wanted.  Again, all with the goal to calm their children.

He'll always be a dick because of the pig call outs to his daughter, but I've always thought was was a very good actor, and can do comedy which makes him a better actor.  

I didn't see anything wrong with his actor on the street interview. He was courteous, and calm, his wife is a wack job.  

His comment during his Stephenapolis interview that he didn't pull the trigger was probably best left unsaid. You look like a liar to at least half the viewing audience.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

On 11/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, Zeus said:

This fucking idiot is going to hang himself with his shitty acting lmao

image.png.54462dc50db6fdeb18f45599ee9eb7e8.png

title of the vid is dumb but the acting in this video is just insane

Negged for the lie about him hating his wife. Negged for hoping nobody watches the tape which would make clear that you're the fucking idiot doing a miserable acting performance here. 

You're a sick fuck if you can't see the human side of this terrible event. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

He'll always be a dick because of the pig call outs to his daughter, but I've always thought was was a very good actor, and can do comedy which makes him a better actor.  

I didn't see anything wrong with has actor on the street interview. He was courteous, and calm, his wife is a wack job.  

His comment during his Stephenapolis interview that he didn't pull the trigger was probably best left unsaid. You look like a liar to at least half the viewing audience.

Pretty fair, Onboard. His screaming at his daughter and supposedly his behavior towards Kim Bassinger are very dark marks against him. Still, those aren't the only marks beside his name. 

He's a wonderful talent who has improved every year. I'm rewatching 30 Rock. He and Tina Fey are brilliant as is the whole show for the most part.