Things Not Going Well for Alec Baldwin

ousuxndallas

46 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Negged. I'm sick of this story being twisted for purely political motives. This is a political board and that's what the op meant to use it for. You're doing the same thing.

I've got a pretty dark sense of humor. I might laugh at this on the movies board. But, in this context, it comes across as more cynical fuckwaddery from the rabid right. 

Humorless and without humanity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Seriously, it's in bad taste, and hence has the funny. This board is all about pushing the envelope on good, and bad taste, and laughing at stuff we probably shouldn't be, and that meme (not a fan of them ) is spot on, has a kernel of truth in it, and is thus funny, and fair game here.

There's nothing political about that meme.  There's nothing left or right in that meme. AB said he didn't pull the trigger (a really stupid thing to have said for this very reason).

Sorry Roma V. you're anger is misplaced.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Seriously, it's in bad taste, and hence has the funny. This board is all about pushing the envelope on good, and bad taste, and laughing at stuff we probably shouldn't be, and that meme (not a fan of them ) is spot on, has a kernel of truth in it, and is thus funny, and fair game here.

There's nothing political about that meme.  There's nothing left or right in that meme. AB said he didn't pull the trigger (a really stupid thing to have said for this very reason).

We have a FAFO thread where people die and people laugh at the schadenfreude.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Don't think you read my whole post, my friend. It's the context of this whole thing being on the political board that makes this particular usage very political. I said I would likely laugh at it in other contexts. It does have wit.

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Don't think you read my whole post, my friend. It's the context of this whole thing being on the political board that makes this particular usage very political. I said I would likely laugh at it in other contexts. It does have wit.

I read it, but that meme is not political and regardless of where it was posted it’s relevant and funny because he made that comment and he should have kept his mouth shut.

now explain how that meme is political please. 

18 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I read it, but that meme is not political and regardless of where it was posted it’s relevant and funny because he made that comment and he should have kept his mouth shut.

now explain how that meme is political please. 

It would only bore me and waste your time to explain it a second time. Have a nice night.

44 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It would only bore me and waste your time to explain it a second time. Have a nice night.

Dude, there is no explanation.  It was a meme about AB that was funny because he opened his mouth, and made a dumb ass statement. It doesn't matter if it was posted in the CR or movies and TV thread. Your misplaced anger is bizarre.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

45 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude, there is no explanation.  It was a meme about AB that was funny because he opened his mouth, and made a dumb ass statement. It doesn't matter if it was posted in the CR or movies and TV thread. Your misplaced anger is bizarre.

The posts and threads you selectively chose to respond to aren't. 

11 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

The posts and threads you selectively chose to respond to aren't. 

Selectively Respond to ?  Ive been posting in this thread and following it for a while.  You’re the one selectively posting a comment about my response, which you do often out of the blue so piss off.

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

He wants to know why he should go hump his mom's leg. Then he wants to know if your pointy or not.

Unorganized cabal rage   UCR. It happens a lot around here.
the meme was funny because it was funny. AC claiming he didn’t pull the trigger made him fair game.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

I like his podcasts but he hasn’t dropped one since late December. He’s gone awol. Also, the more he talks about the shooting the more he sounds crazy. His publicist should’ve forbade him to talk publicly, which may or may not explain his podcast silence. 

• 3 months later...
For what crime? For accidentally shooting someone when he was handed a gun he thought wasn’t loaded? Or for making fun of Donald Trump?

Yeah….there may be a good civil negligence case against him as the producer in charge of the set, and it’s apparent sloppiness. And maybe that negligence rises to the criminally negligent homicide level. But it probably doesn’t arise from the fact that he pulled the trigger on a prop that he was told was safe. That is a routine activity undertaken by actors regularly, and it’s generally not facially negligent. The armorer may well face such a charge, though.
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah….there may be a good civil negligence case against him as the producer in charge of the set, and it’s apparent sloppiness. And maybe that negligence rises to the criminally negligent homicide level. But it probably doesn’t arise from the fact that he pulled the trigger on a prop that he was told was safe. That is a routine activity undertaken by actors regularly, and it’s generally not facially negligent. The armorer may well face such a charge, though.

Este

She will face the brunt, as she probably should.  He'll skate with much less than he probably should. 

Oh, I suspect the civil claim against him as the producer running a sloppy set about which there were numerous ignored complaints will be quite brutal. As it should be.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

For what crime? For accidentally shooting someone when he was handed a gun he thought wasn’t loaded? Or for making fun of Donald Trump?

What does him playing trump on SNL have to do with him being the producer, aiming a gun at Hutchins, pulling the trigger, and lying about it? The gun didn't fire itself. Based on the quotes, his armorer was either unstable and wanted this to happen or had no idea what she was doing. Baldwin didn't notice that during hiring or on set? Baldwin is a hypocrite for being a long time outspoken advocate for "gun control", then using them in a movie. He violated nearly every basic gun safety rule. Fuck him.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Baldwin is a hypocrite for being a long time outspoken advocate for "gun control", then using them in a movie.

You lost me here. How is it hypocritical?

you could argue that the hypocrisy is being for gun control and then not ensuring adequate, industry standard gun control on a set for a movie he is producing.  I could buy that. But not just being involved in telling a story that has guns. 

that’s different than, say, smoking in movies where the smoking isn’t part of the story and is just there for no reason (or because of funding sources).  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, B00M said:

What does him playing trump on SNL have to do with him being the producer, aiming a gun at Hutchins, pulling the trigger, and lying about it? The gun didn't fire itself. Based on the quotes, his armorer was either unstable and wanted this to happen or had no idea what she was doing. Baldwin didn't notice that during hiring or on set? Baldwin is a hypocrite for being a long time outspoken advocate for "gun control", then using them in a movie. He violated nearly every basic gun safety rule. Fuck him.

What? You don’t see it?

Baldwin was involved in a horrible, tragic accident. He’s not a murderer. A lot of the outrage directed at him has nothing to do with the accident and more to do with hostility toward him for other reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:10 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

You lost me here. How is it hypocritical?

you could argue that the hypocrisy is being for gun control and then not ensuring adequate, industry standard gun control on a set for a movie he is producing.  I could buy that. But not just being involved in telling a story that has guns. 

that’s different than, say, smoking in movies where the smoking isn’t part of the story and is just there for no reason (or because of funding sources).  

I think you'll agree that we have a gun culture problem in America. We've glamorized them and deeply embedded in our society that extreme violence is the answer to many of life's problems. The motivator for gun control is to reduce gun violence.

The only thing the film industry can do to potentially reduce gun violence is to stop giving guns such prominent roles in their films. Stop profiting from gun violence on the big screen and maybe you can make a positive impact on the culture. 

For the record, Trump made huge contributions to the current state of the US gun culture with his reckless and divisive and racist rhetoric. Far greater than Baldwin could with ever undo with movies. 

Anyway, maybe he won't be found guilty of criminally negligent homicide. He's not nearly the asshole Trump is, but he's still an asshole. 

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

I think you'll agree that we have a gun culture problem in America. We've glamorized them and deeply embedded in our society that extreme violence is the answer to many of life's problems. The motivator for gun control is to reduce gun violence.

The only thing the film industry can do to potentially reduce gun violence is to stop giving guns such prominent roles in their films. Stop profiting from gun violence on the big screen and maybe you can make a positive impact on the culture. 

For the record, Trump made huge contributions to the current state of the US gun culture with his reckless and divisive and racist rhetoric. Far greater than Baldwin could with ever undo with movies. 

Anyway, maybe he won't be found guilty of criminally negligent homicide. He's not nearly the asshole Trump is, but he's still an asshole. 

this is bullshit. i watch the most violent movies on the planet and have no urge to buy a gun and go on a rampage. would you say the same about video games?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

this is bullshit. i watch the most violent movies on the planet and have no urge to buy a gun and go on a rampage. would you say the same about video games?

Sorry but your current individual mental health is simply not indicative of our nation's overall mental health or cultural issues. 

But sure, violent video games contribute. As does our blind hero worship of the US military and police, the gun owners trying to look like badasses all over social media, the seemingly constant state of war (both real and politicized) we find our nation in, our sensational news media and film industry, the ease of acquiring firearms.

You can assign weight to these and many other cultural influencers as you see fit. 

It would be easy to argue that ease of firearm acquisition is the biggest contributor. It would also be easy to argue that's the hardest contributor to significantly affect given the political gridlock, ~billion guns in circulation, 3D printers, and the way Americans embrace black markets. 

As individuals we should try to shift the culture away from one of shoot first ask questions later toward responsible gun ownership (secure them, respect them, follow the safety rules). Baldwin has a fair amount of influence and his actions don't match his words. 

10 minutes ago, B00M said:

Sorry but your current individual mental health is simply not indicative of our nation's overall mental health or cultural issues. 

But sure, violent video games contribute. As does our blind hero worship of the US military and police, the gun owners trying to look like badasses all over social media, the seemingly constant state of war (both real and politicized) we find our nation in, our sensational news media and film industry, the ease of acquiring firearms.

You can assign weight to these and many other cultural influencers as you see fit. 

It would be easy to argue that ease of firearm acquisition is the biggest contributor. It would also be easy to argue that's the hardest contributor to significantly affect given the political gridlock, ~billion guns in circulation, 3D printers, and the way Americans embrace black markets. 

As individuals we should try to shift the culture away from one of shoot first ask questions later toward responsible gun ownership (secure them, respect them, follow the safety rules). Baldwin has a fair amount of influence and his actions don't match his words. 

I've never ascribed to the broad "it's movies and videogames" explanation of our highly problematic gun culture.  That's not because it's not a huge cultural problem; rather, it's because the cultural problems are much more complex and deeply rooted.

My hypothesis is that guns are power, or proxies for power.  Thus, they are subject to becoming the object of affection/carrying for people who feel frustrated by their relative feeling of being powerless.  For example, imagine yourself living in Ukraine, subject to violent attack and invasion by a large army of evil shitbags, who are more numerous and powerful than you, and who can destroy your cities (and have done so).  Oh yeah?  Well fuck you, I'm an old fart, but I'm picking up a rifle and will shoot your ass you Rooskie fuck.  I mean, maybe I'm not the best equipped guy to do it, but grabbing my AK makes me feel a lot less powerless.

Well, now do that exercise for a gang in the hood -- minorities, poor, zero respect from society as a whole.  Shit, damn near invisible to society as a whole.  Cops can do what they want to them, because who's gonna believe a shitheel from the hood over a cop?  Oh yeah?  Well, now I'm strapped.  Makes me feel a lot less powerless.

Do the exercise again for America's white males who are (and this is empirical, undeniable truth) more depressed, seeing their lifespan go down, seeing their economic prospects decline, and inevitably wrapping those events and feelings up into a bundle that reeks of powerlessness.  We're losing power.  Hell, everyone talks about how bad we are.  Our job prospects suck, and are getting worse daily because of shit the elites are doing.  My job got taken by a Chinese dude in a factory overseas.  Etc. etc.  Well, I've still got power.  I just picked up a new AR, and nobody better fuck with me.  The government that's fucked me over?  Maybe I'll go fuck THEM over.

What guns are, and have become, is a medicine to treat our feeling of powerlessness.  But it's a shitty medicine -- it barely even treats a symptom.  And the side effect is.....a bunch of frustrated and angry people (remember, people who feel powerless are rarely happy about it) are now armed.  They just want power.  They want to be respected.  And many think that a quick and easy way to get that is to use that gun.  Cut me off in traffic?  I'll show you, you disrespecting asshole - bang.  Etc. etc.

We're an unhappy, shat upon, heavily armed people.  That's.....not good.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/1/2022 at 7:51 AM, B00M said:

No, fuck you. Negged for the disingenousness of parroting the same load of disproven bullshit that started the tone of this thread. "Based on the quotes"? Show your work. You don't want to know the truth so you can feed your misguided hate jones.

No, no, I'm all earnest and want only the truth to come out in this terrible tragedy that I use to smear everybody in sight.

spacer.png

Mealy mouthed shithead. I remember a day when I was more patient. I don't think patience pays off with everyone.

Edited to strike through where I went too far. Earlier stuff may be too far, too. I don't know Boom well enough to go off like this. 

Edited by RomaVicta