NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

No shock here, but Desmond Howard apparently got into it with Dick Vitale yesterday regarding the incident.  Per Desmond, Juwan was not at fault because Gard grabbed Juwans arm.  Oh the horror, oh the humanity..............

There you have it folks. You touch another man on the arm, and it's ok to get slapped, punched, attacked. Basically whatever it takes to get you to not touch my arm.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

So Howard tried to do a “blow by” (just walking by Gard and not shake his hand) and Gard put his hands on Howard first to stop him?

You seriously gonna try to defend a physical attack by Juwan because another coach touched his arm or put his hand on it ?  You think that's OK ?  What bizarro world do you live in.  This should be good.....

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Haha 1

Howard pulling a "dont touch me" in the handshake line is the ultimate bitch move and just looking to start shit. Of course somebody is gonna try to touch you in the handshake line, that's literally the fucking point.

By now he has to have realized what a dumbass he is and how shitty he comes off, but will probably continue to double and triple down on the stupid excuses instead of being a man about it.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You seriously gonna try to defend a physical attack by Juwan because another coach touched his arm or put his hand on it ?  You think that's OK ?  What bizarro world do you live in.  This should be good.....

Seriously, how dumb are you?  For real.  There is not one word of my post defending Howard.  My post was informational, but of course you get emotional and don’t even see that. 

Seriously, do this board a favor and go back to the VCU message boards sponsored by Netscape Navigator. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pancho said:

Seriously, how dumb are you?  For real.  There is not one word of my post defending Howard.  My post was informational, but of course you get emotional and don’t even see that. 

Seriously, do this board a favor and go back to the VCU message boards sponsored by Netscape Navigator. 

How transparent can you be about trying to say this was nothing at all but a...... how did you put it ?  a nigga slap for someone having the audacity to..... gasp.... touch the hem of Juwans special robes....

Nah I'll hang around, and be your buddy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

How transparent can you be about trying to say this was nothing at all but a...... how did you put it ?  a nigga slap for someone having the audacity to..... gasp.... touch the hem of Juwans special robes....

Nah I'll hang around, and be your buddy.

God damn you are a psycho

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If Juwan hadn't lost his shit last year on Mark Turgeron and told him he was going to "fucking kill you" I think he probably makes it out of this one. As is I don't see how he can continue as a coach of college kids. 

Maybe the change from a fist to an open hand claw will save him but he is done for the year no matter what. 

Gard is a fucking idiot for not just letting Juwan blow past him in the line when he was clearly heated, as soon as Gard grabbed Juwan it went from a non issue to a melee. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Pancho said:

How are you a moderator? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Juicy said:

If Juwan hadn't lost his shit last year on Mark Turgeron and told him he was going to "fucking kill you" I think he probably makes it out of this one. As is I don't see how he can continue as a coach of college kids. 

Maybe the change from a fist to an open hand claw will save him but he is done for the year no matter what. 

Gard is a fucking idiot for not just letting Juwan blow past him in the line when he was clearly heated, as soon as Gard grabbed Juwan it went from a non issue to a melee. 

Fuck that

If Howard was going to run up on him and tell him "I'm not going to forget that" you aren't required to back down, you can touch an elbow or two to pull the last thread of sanity away from a coach you just broke. 

Howard thinks he's still able to physically and mentally intimate opponents I guess like when he was playing. Difference is, coaching isn't about physically intimidating other coaches. That ain't going to work, even when you flail at them like a baby. 

If the school has a zero tolerance policy toward violence then Howard has to go. Simple as that. By definition, striking someone with a “nigga slap” is violence and by not firing Howard you are by definition having tolerance toward violence. 

An interesting question for Pancho would be “what if Gard or the Wisconsin assistant “nigga slapped” Howard. What should happen then?”

• Fuck You 2

Just now, Zeus said:

Fuck that

If Howard was going to run up on him and tell him "I'm not going to forget that" you aren't required to back down, you can touch an elbow or two to pull the last thread of sanity away from a coach you just broke. 

Howard thinks he's still able to physically and mentally intimate opponents I guess like when he was playing. Difference is, coaching isn't about physically intimidating other coaches. That ain't going to work, even when you flail at them like a baby. 

Yeah I don't agree with it at all. Howard is a fucking idiot and its a terrible look for Michigan after a great run last year. 

There is plenty of blame to go around here. I don't give a shit about the time out (but whoever was comparing calling a time out when you are losing to calling a time out when you are up 15 is an idiot) but its like the drunk dude at the bar, once someone is fired up there is no talking sense into them. Howard wouldn't forget it, who gives a shit, no point in grabbing him and trying to make him see your point of view right then. All these coaches no each other, call him later and talk it out, not while one guy is all fired up. 

Howard no matter how fired up you get you can not throw a fucking punch at a guy, national TV or not. I don't care if it is an empty arena you cant throw a punch. This isn't the XFL. 

Howard, idiot. Gard, dumb. The no name assistant dude who through jumping into the scrum to get in Howard's face, moron. 

Coaches should protect their players, i feel bad for the players on both sides who thought they needed to jump in to protect their coach. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

So Howard tried to do a “blow by” (just walking by Gard and not shake his hand) and Gard put his hands on Howard first to stop him?

give me a fucking break.  no he said something first as they were coming together, tried to do the blow by, and the wiscy coach wanted to explain because Howard was acting all pissy.

Howard is the bitch in this situation.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No shock here, but Desmond Howard apparently got into it with Dick Vitale yesterday regarding the incident.  Per Desmond, Juwan was not at fault because Gard grabbed Juwans arm.  Oh the horror, oh the humanity..............

There you have it folks. You touch another man on the arm, and it's ok to get slapped, punched, attacked. Basically whatever it takes to get you to not touch my arm.

Desmond Howard is a fucking moron and Michigan should be embarrassed he has a degree from there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

If the school has a zero tolerance policy toward violence then Howard has to go. Simple as that. By definition, striking someone with a “nigga slap” is violence and by not firing Howard you are by definition having tolerance toward violence. 

An interesting question for Pancho would be “what if Gard or the Wisconsin assistant “nigga slapped” Howard. What should happen then?”

Wild who pops their head up again for stories like this after having not posted on the basketball forum for how long?

Pretty indifferent on Howard and the whole incident. I just wanted to see what mostly neutral college sports fans were thinking. Most of the shit I see is pretty MSU slanted and we have our share of nutjobs. I don't think he'll be fired. If he were going to be, it probably already would have happened. Probably suspended the rest of the season and on a short leash going forward because of the pattern of behavior. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wild who pops their head up again for stories like this after having not posted on the basketball forum for how long?

What does me not posting regularly on the site in general for almost a year have to do with juwan Howard physically assaulting an opposing coach. Been pretty busy at work for a bit. Cut down on about everything but work and golf. 

Edited by Jhawk

Just now, Jhawk said:

What does me not posting on the site in general for almost a year have to do with juwan Howard physically assaulting an opposing coach. Been pretty busy at work for a bit. Cut down on about everything but work and golf. 

We don't have any Jayhawk posters left, I demand your return, sir.

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

Yeah I don't agree with it at all. Howard is a fucking idiot and its a terrible look for Michigan after a great run last year. 

There is plenty of blame to go around here. I don't give a shit about the time out (but whoever was comparing calling a time out when you are losing to calling a time out when you are up 15 is an idiot) but its like the drunk dude at the bar, once someone is fired up there is no talking sense into them. Howard wouldn't forget it, who gives a shit, no point in grabbing him and trying to make him see your point of view right then. All these coaches no each other, call him later and talk it out, not while one guy is all fired up. 

Howard no matter how fired up you get you can not throw a fucking punch at a guy, national TV or not. I don't care if it is an empty arena you cant throw a punch. This isn't the XFL. 

Howard, idiot. Gard, dumb. The no name assistant dude who through jumping into the scrum to get in Howard's face, moron. 

Coaches should protect their players, i feel bad for the players on both sides who thought they needed to jump in to protect their coach. 

I don't think Gard did anything wrong.  The assistant was definitely being a dumbass.

58 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Desmond Howard is a fucking moron and Michigan should be embarrassed he has a degree from there.

Degree? Desmond got (an authentic) one? Guy's dumber than a fucking fencepost and continues to commit assault and battery on the English language every Saturday in football season. 

Just now, Wally Pryor said:

Degree? Desmond got (an authentic) one? Guy's dumber than a fucking fencepost and continues to commit assault and battery on the English language every Saturday in football season. 

yep, in .........wait for it......Communications.  seems like a decent dude but yeah communications is not his forte.  did like watching him play in college.

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It doesn't really matter much to me. I don't like Michigan. I have no reason to like Michigan. From my point of view it seems like the pressure of a shitastic season is really getting to him. And I think people will be less inclined, now that he got a $6,000,000 raise from his first contact, $11-million to $17-million, to give him the benefit of any doubt.

I think it was a pussy move by him. He should worry about coaching his team, and not what the other guy does. If your bench guys are going to go full-bore in what was a 14-point loss well, then I am going to coach my guys to play hard to the end as well. From 10:31 in the second half Michigan was down at least 10 points.

Coach better Howard.

Michigan is 8-7 in Big Ten play and they have games left with Rutgers, a team they have already lost to, #12 Illinois, #19 Sparty, Iowa and #18 Ohio State. It could get uglier.

A point lost on many coaches these days.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

yep, in .........wait for it......Communications.  seems like a decent dude but yeah communications is not his forte.  did like watching him play in college.

Communications? Holt shit. Makes perfect sense. 

You're pretty much screwed if you don't have closed captioning when Des says something. You can't have the latter without the former. 

16 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Jason Williams take:

Juwon was wrong, but Gard shouldn't have called timeout.  He said it was unusual.

Max Cuckerman framing it per Howards spin then saying immediately "It's time for strait talk brought to you by strait talk wireless" pretty priceless

So, part of the context is the halftime was Michael Finley’s jersey retirement, it was a very Whisky day. 

Second, for whatever reason Howard decided to not start fouling with 1 minute left, so Gard pulled his starters, and it looked like the game would end quickly.  Then Howard started pressing and fouling, which was fucking weird with about 30 seconds left and down by 15.

The backups were clearly rattled by the press and foul, so Gard had to call a time out.  Howard just handled the end of the game terribly. 

• Hook 'Em 3