NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Isn't this Chris Mack's 4th year at Louisville? I forget whether he's dealing with NCAA sanctions or anything, but this is surprising giving the promise he showed in his 2nd season there. 

i was pretty damn high on him at Xavier, and would have been more than happy to have either he or Mick Cronin replace Shaka 3-4 years ago. i'm glad things worked out the way they did, but yeah, surprising that he isn't having more success.

12 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i was pretty damn high on him at Xavier, and would have been more than happy to have either he or Mick Cronin replace Shaka 3-4 years ago. i'm glad things worked out the way they did, but yeah, surprising that he isn't having more success.

My thoughts exactly. I was extremely impressed with him a couple years ago. I think Louisville rose to #1 or something around there and they got a recruit out of Rockwall, TX that I was hoping we'd get. He hasn't done much of anything there yet, but he was the long, skilled wing that our program has lacked for a long time. Of course flash forward a couple years, Beard gets here, and immediately gets those exact specs on not 1, but 2  wing recruits in back to back classes with Jaylon Tyson and Dilon Mitchell, so crisis averted.  

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Exactly.  Played harder than the other guy.

Eh. Some of that - some of it is just mentality and coaching. Pick your spots and stick with it. Don't worry about the scoreboard. I don't think a Jay Wright team ever doesn't play hard. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Eh. Some of that - some of it is just mentality and coaching. Pick your spots and stick with it. Don't worry about the scoreboard. I don't think a Jay Wright team ever doesn't play hard. 

Yeah, by no means was I suggesting Nova didn’t play hard.  They kept coming and we’re very physical.  More like you say, don’t look at the scoreboard and just keep up relentless effort and see where you are at the end.  

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Thank God for cable/internet.  Usually just go see them whenever they’re in NYC, did fly out to Chicago to meet with my boy for the ChampionsClassic a few years ago, that was fun. 

Do you ever attend the Albany games?  They've certainly had success in their conference over the years.