NCAA Hoops 2021-22

shadow_operative

7 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

I figure South Carolina will open up by the end of the season, if not sooner. Francisco will be lucky to make it through the season. That Final Four seems like it was decades ago

Whats even more bizarre is that Martin is heading into his 10th season there, and that final four run is still his only tourney appearance with the gamecocks. That run came out of nowhere. 

On 11/13/2021 at 4:04 PM, Blotto said:

Whats even more bizarre is that Martin is heading into his 10th season there, and that final four run is still his only tourney appearance with the gamecocks. That run came out of nowhere. 

He had 1 or 2 fringe nba guys on the team. Which just shows you that basketball is a fickle bitch compared to football. Always liked Martin and always felt like KSU shot themselves in the foot not giving him anything he ever dreamed of. He’ll be back in the “big time” again soon. Likely somewhere like TCU once they get tired of the cellar and fire Dixon. 

9 minutes ago, Jhawk said:

He’ll be back in the “big time” again soon. Likely somewhere like TCU once they get tired of the cellar and fire Dixon. 

Huh? TCU has been in "the cellar" their entire history (outside of the 50s I guess. Go Frogs). They are an atrocious basketball program. They have 8 all-time tourney appearances. 

Edited by ztejas

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Huh? TCU has been in "the cellar" their entire history (outside of the 50s I guess. Go Frogs). They are an atrocious basketball program. They have 8 all-time tourney appearances. 

You’re correct. I phrased that badly. TCU should hire Martin once he gets canned and the shine of Jamie Dixon (who shines like hammered shit) wears off. 

Mike Blanco finally got a win against FSU.  This team is finally doing what was expected of his teams defensively. Seeing us smother FSU was impressive, especially with their size and depth advantage.  Unfortunately we are one deep at the five, so we will live or die on Castelton staying healthy and out of foul trouble. Not sure we can count on 35 minutes a game out of him.

Bruins/Zags Nov 23rd in Vegas should be a barn burner.  I'll be in Boston with the fam.  2nd game I'll need to slip away for (SC/UCLA Sat the 20th in DC).  Nevermind, it'll tip at 10 pm.  Can watch unabated.  West Coast tip will pay off.

Edited by Sbbruin

Houston is hosting UVA.  U of H went to the freakin' Final Four last season.  UVA won the NC 31 months ago and only one more championship has been awarded since then.  And they're on the big ESPN.  The Fertitta Center holds only 7,100.  Yet, you could get a ticket for $17 and even then, the place is maybe 40% full. 

I know it's a Tuesday night, but man oh man, how the hell the locals or good CBB fans or someone not show up for the game?  There's 7M souls that live within an hour of the place and no one shows up?

• Like 1

KU made Shaka millions by being able to hit even just 40% from the field in the 2011 tourney.  That Marquette game wasn't as close as the final score of them losing by 16.  Less than 2 minutes left and St. Bonnie calls a timeout up 25 to put in their bench... Shaka gets pissed, yells at the Bonnie coach and decides to full court press with his starters in the rest of the game.

What an insecure piece of shit.  Congrats St. Bonnie.  One team I don't want to see in March.

Edited by Jhawk
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Feast Week:  Maui Classic on ESPN 2 now with TAMU/Wisc, games being held in Vegas due to Covid. 

aggy is bad. This is one of the weaker Wisconsin teams in recent years. 

aggy was picked to finish 10th in the SEC and that looks to be about right. They need to start sending some of that football bagman money to basketball and baseball. 

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy is bad. This is one of the weaker Wisconsin teams in recent years. 

aggy was picked to finish 10th in the SEC and that looks to be about right. They need to start sending some of that football bagman money to basketball and baseball. 

Was gonna say they are definitely going at least 0-2 in the Maui tournament, but Butler looks terrible. I was really hoping aggy would have to play chaminade.  

I was worried when they landed Buzz but I’ve been wrong about shit before, and I’ll be wrong again sometime today. 

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Was gonna say they are definitely going at least 0-2 in the Maui tournament, but Butler looks terrible. I was really hoping aggy would have to play chaminade.  

I was worried when they landed Buzz but I’ve been wrong about shit before, and I’ll be wrong again sometime today. 

yeah, Butler is bad. They're probably going 1-2 at this tournament. 

They will either beat Butler tomorrow or beat Chaminade in the 0-2 game. I don't think they can beat ND, St Mary's or Oregon. I'm hoping they play St Mary's in the 1-1 game so people get an idea of how bad they are. St Mary's is a decent G5 type school that will beat them on a neutral court. 

Got damn, Mike White might have finally put together a squad. They get in your ass defensively. He’s opening up the bench a little more too, which is getting me to believe we might have something cooking. Still worry about the 5 but we are playing with house money this year. Will know more after the Ohio state. That was a hell of a game earlier. 

• Like 1