Game Week: Baylor

Wulaw Horn

Maybe we will non-consensually sodomize them this time?

It’s all about the great tradition of losing 10 games a season, having a tarp over most of your stands, except for a brief period of time where you sell your hypocritical soul for an outlaw program that maxes out at more or less nationally irrelevant. At least Judas got his 30 pieces of silver- Baylor got what- a New Year’s Day bowl loss to an irrelevant Michigan State team?  
sark gonna kick off the second half of his tenure here against the crime syndicate in Waco. Leave the women at home for their own safety. Watch us get totally and completely fired up for the eleventy billionth 11:00 am start in a row. Hate watch the entire second half with here we go again deja vu or fear and loathing over why we couldn’t play solidly like that for just one freaking quarter against the inbreds  from Oklahoma the previous two games. 
Last trip to the armpit of Texas in Waco, home of David Koresh and twin Peaks and Luby’s massacres, hopefully ever. 
Hook ‘Em high like and Eagle soars as they say in Sinton. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Blind homerism but I think this will be a complete game (no 2nd half fuckery) where we score early and keep the gas going, no cruise control. 

Defensively, we'll struggle. We know this. But if we can contain the run game (read not stop) and fake a pass rush, it should create opportunities when we're already up multiple scores.

• Hook 'Em 1

Something’s got to change (adjustments and cleaning up mistakes) bc there is enough tape on us now that a good coach like Aranda could exploit. I just don’t think Baylor has the talent to do it. But the fact many of us don’t feel very confident about a win days a lot. We should win handily but I thought that about Okie Lite and the second half was a joke.

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Something’s got to change (adjustments and cleaning up mistakes) bc there is enough tape on us now that a good coach like Aranda could exploit. I just don’t think Baylor has the talent to do it. But the fact many of us don’t feel very confident about a win days a lot. We should win handily but I thought that about Okie Lite and the second half was a joke.

Iowa State lost in Waco -- game is a pick'em scenario for Vegas right now.  

If Texas coaches and players don't come prepared and play well, I won't be surprised if the fuckin' bears win...   

Edited by LTtxfan
messed up
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe we will non-consensually sodomize them this time?

It’s all about the great tradition of losing 10 games a season, having a tarp over most of your stands, except for a brief period of time where you sell your hypocritical soul for an outlaw program that maxes out at more or less nationally irrelevant. At least Judas got his 30 pieces of silver- Baylor got what- a New Year’s Day bowl loss to an irrelevant Michigan State team?  
sark gonna kick off the second half of his tenure here against the crime syndicate in Waco. Leave the women at home for their own safety. Watch us get totally and completely fired up for the eleventy billionth 11:00 am start in a row. Hate watch the entire second half with here we go again deja vu or fear and loathing over why we couldn’t play solidly like that for just one freaking quarter against the inbreds  from Oklahoma the previous two games. 
Last trip to the armpit of Texas in Waco, home of David Koresh and twin Peaks and Luby’s massacres, hopefully ever. 
Hook ‘Em high like and Eagle soars as they say in Sinton. 

Hey now, Luby’s was in Killeen 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just posted the infamous 1992 game above. Please feel free to point out any officiating mistakes. I cannot believe that this video got past the Baylor censors. For record, one of my best friend's Dad was line judge for this game. I can confirm that he is an aggy.

Edited by RC Horn

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Iowa State lost in Waco -- game is a pick'em scenario for Vegas right now.  

If Texas coaches and players don't come prepared and play well, I won't be surprised if the fuckin' bears win...  

Baylor isn't bad.  This is a close matchup.

10 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

Just posted the infamous 1992 game above. Please feel free to point out any officiating mistakes. I cannot believe that this video got past the Baylor censors. For record, one of my best friend's Dad was line judge for this game. I can confirm that he is an aggy.

Honestly, will be very happy to move on from the others in state that hate us when we find them irrelevant.  I'm sure this is part of the issue with the officiating throughout the years. 

20 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I'd been of the opinion that only Kansas was a gimme. Nope.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

OU proved there are no gimmie games for Texas with this D.  every game will probably be within a one score line.  even Kansas.

I will light myself on fire like one of those budhist monks and sit legs crossed in front of DKR for the KSU game if we play a 1 score game with Kansas.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, oldhorn2 said:

my take is that if Casey's thumb is ok we will win going away. If his thumb aint ok who knows what will happen. We lost two weeks in a row because of that thumb, I just hope we dont go for the hat trick.

Casey is now 8th in QBR in the Big 12 (58.4) and actually has the lowest QBR on the team. Bohannan is #1 in the Big 12 (75.9)

Edited by Codaxx

You defend Baylor like we used to defend Nebraska. Not the 1996 world beaters, but the 2000's-ish version that still sort of ran the option but really bumbled around with pro set stuff. 

Baylor wants to run and slow the game down. They'll try to string it out to one side, then the other, then decide to fake you out and run to the side they're not stringing out. Once in a while, they'll play action to pass to a receiver who may have gotten behind a defense that's playing on auto-pilot. A defense that stays with its man will be in position. I'm praying that PK spent the last week talking about the importance of attaching yourself to the ball carrier. Even if you don't tackle him, keeping him stopped while your friends arrive will do wonders.

Baylor's defense is timed by two LBs that shorten the play. Terrell Bernard typically flies in at the ball Breckyn Hager style. Jalen Pitre acts as a "sweeper" to clean up sideline to sideline. Texas has the firepower to simply sprint by the Bears defense is Casey can get the ball out of his hand. Really, I don't need to discuss our OL. We're a formidable offense with a credible OL. Without it, we're a 3 and punt team.

There won't be many possessions either way. Baylor can hit some chunk plays when the defense tries to help stop the run and gives up coverage. This keeps them in games, and their record indicates they're there for the win at the end. They're not coming back from a large deficit. Plan A either works or it doesn't. 

Texas is better than Baylor at every position. However, a solid player with solid fundamentals beats a talented superstar trying to exceed his limitations in this game. I need Texas to be a better version of themselves.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I will light myself on fire like one of those budhist monks and sit legs crossed in front of DKR for the KSU game if we play a 1 score game with Kansas.  

Brent Musberger voice "Folks, you are looking LIVE! at Wulaw Horn on the TEXAS! Drag, He's a Big Fella but its a foot race! and nobody is gonna catch him!"

Thích Quảng Đức - Wikipedia

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

my take is that if Casey's thumb is ok we will win going away. If his thumb aint ok who knows what will happen. We lost two weeks in a row because of that thumb, I just hope we dont go for the hat trick.

I'll have what you are smoking. Casey is going to be running for his life all game and probably get sacked 4-5 times. No good thumb / bad thumb is going to fix that.