Game Week: Baylor

Wulaw Horn

Not sure why, but Bailor O-line is a lot better than UT's O-line.

• 6 Bear O-linemen in Top 20 run blocking of B12 OL
  • 6 Bear O-linemen in Top 20 pass blocking of B12 OL

Texas has only 1 player in Top 20 run blocking (Angilau) and only 1 player Top 20 pass blocking (Kerstetter)

smdh !!!  

• Rage+1 2

If Sark can't outcoach Dave fucking Aranda, I'll see everybody in three years.

Dave Aranda is a good coach and that has been the kryptonite to Texas and their splash hires. I don’t know how serious of a candidate Aranda was to coach the Texas defense, but he was a candidate. The man can coach. Sarkisian might be able to outcoach, but he’s going to have to put on a masterful performance to do it. Aranda just has to go out and do what he’s been doing. It’s why if Texas is picked to win by anyone, it’s an uncomfortably slim margin. It would be an upset if Texas wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Texas should be 6-1 right now. 

We should?  Why exactly should we be 6-1?  The teams that beat us are all legit better than us at the moment.  “Should be” is for when the refs jobbed you on a potential game-winning play. That’s not what caused those losses for us.  We earned them straight up by playing like shit when it counted the most. We are exactly what are record says we are. 

• Rage+1 1

We should?  Why exactly should we be 6-1?  The teams that beat us are all legit better than us at the moment.  “Should be” is for when the refs jobbed you on a potential game-winning play. That’s not what caused those losses for us.  We earned them straight up by playing like shit when it counted the most. We are exactly what are record says we are. 

Apologies, Texas COULD be 6-1 right now, so it’s not being a fair weather fan to know that epic meltdowns are not to be expected, but being unable to stomach it for the 3rd week in a row also shouldn’t be unexpected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference in anticipation and excitement between game 1 of the season and game 8 is pretty incredible. And it happens every year. We all drink the koolaid, get overhyped by early success, then come crashing down to reality when we accept that our team sucks (again). Then we win a bowl game and get our hopes up all over again, building and building all spring and summer, repeating the cycle all over again.

I’m watching this game with full anticipation that we will lose and I won’t care that much. 

I'm interested to see what sort of reception the Horns get in Waco today. A LOT of BU folks who buy season tickets have extras they sell to the opposition for these games so UT should be well represented not to mention UT fans who buy season tickets to Baylor games just to have a seat when the teams meet in Waco. 100 years of football history may be coming to an end for the foreseeable future in just a bit but I don't think the kids get that. I also don't think many of us older Baylor fans are terribly upset now that there is at least temporarily a landing spot for BU once again. One thing is certain in life and that is things change.

The sun's coming up over the Brazos and it's going to be a beautiful day for a football game regardless of any importance the outcome may hold.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Looking past this game, we should be favored in all 4 remaining, but I have a bad feeling that we're gonna blow one of those road games.  If that turns out to be true, then today is the difference between 8-4 and 7-5.  I'm having a hard time getting my give-a-shit going, especially with an Astros World Series game tonight and college basketball coming soon.

That said, Sark and they guys can feel free to show me that they made a big leap during the last two weeks of practices and get me daydreaming about finishing 10-3 and ranked in the top 15.  But I'll believe it when I see it.

I think Sark low-key took blame for OSU when he talked Thursday about only calling offensive plays he knew for sure the team could execute, rather than those he had questions about. He commented that when he's called some of the more imaginative plays in practice, they generally execute them fine, but he's been unwilling to risk it in the game, usually in the second half when they need them. That has limited the offense and he said he's going to be more liberal with the second-half play calling. Will be interesting to see if this happens.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

The difference in anticipation and excitement between game 1 of the season and game 8 is pretty incredible. And it happens every year. We all drink the koolaid, get overhyped by early success, then come crashing down to reality when we accept that our team sucks (again). Then we win a bowl game and get our hopes up all over again, building and building all spring and summer, repeating the cycle all over again.

I’m watching this game with full anticipation that we will lose and I won’t care that much. 

Kind of like a . . . rollercoaster?

• Rage+1 2

16 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Wait, there are Texas fans who’ve bought Baylor season tickets just for this game? 

Hoping your surprise is feigned as this is a fairly common practice. It ensures a ticket for the rare occasion that a ticket is a hot commodity and there's almost always enough of a market for the other game tickets to make it a virtual wash financially. It's why you'll see so much burnt orange in the areas under the press box.