Game Week: Baylor

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, THUJONE said:

I think Sark low-key took blame for OSU when he talked Thursday about only calling offensive plays he knew for sure the team could execute, rather than those he had questions about. He commented that when he's called some of the more imaginative plays in practice, they generally execute them fine, but he's been unwilling to risk it in the game, usually in the second half when they need them. That has limited the offense and he said he's going to be more liberal with the second-half play calling. Will be interesting to see if this happens.

Sounds very turtle.  

6 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

apathy is so bad not even a game thread created yet lol

lazily checking in

My emotional reinvestment in the program lasted like 7 games. Nothing that happens today, in either direction, is going to make a difference. I'm probably not alone.

Still throwing money at an NIL scheme I've committed to, but I'd be lying if I said  the last couple of games didn't impact my desire to step up my investment or want to throw in again next year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Last 2 games have freed up my weekends.

Upside is I can clear brush at the ranch while listening to Craig Way try to come up with new ways to describe the Longhorn D's missed tackles.

Dilly Dilly!!!

My whole life, I've wished I could be the HBC at an FBS school.  I've wished this for several reasons, obviously, but among the biggest:

So I could relish, and sadistically enjoy, bringing a world of hurt on any player who lowered his shoulder and attempted to make a tackle by knocking a guy down/blowing him up instead of using his arms and wrapping him up.

Anytime this happened we'd have a scholarship available immediately after the next practice, because I would make the Junction Boys boot camp look like coddling.

Of all the insanely stupid shit for which there is no excuse in a million years, this is the one that's gonna give me a stroke one day.  And it's clear to me that coaches don't address it as they should, because it happens in every game a whole bunch of times.  

• Like 1

We should?  Why exactly should we be 6-1?  The teams that beat us are all legit better than us at the moment.  “Should be” is for when the refs jobbed you on a potential game-winning play. That’s not what caused those losses for us.  We earned them straight up by playing like shit when it counted the most. We are exactly what are record says we are. 
If the two teams who were on the other side of the scoreboard were clearly better than us that day (such as piggy) then I'd agree with you. BlowU is slightly better than us because they find a way to win in spite of playing like shit, but Okie Lite? Nawh dog..not better than us in any way. Take away the bullshit calls in both games (or simply call it evenly) and we win both those things in spite of second half defensive breakdowns...and second half offsense against the pokes.

Keep in mind we are the ONLY team to get Rattler benched 2 years in a row..this time permanently to the chagrin of every team they have to play from here on out. With the exception of Mims catching everything thrown near him and a couple good players on D...blowU is nothing special and could get mudholed in the playoffs.

I really did think we were going to win this. Baylor was stuffed by ISU and OK-Lite in the 2nd half of each of those games and was lucky to come out 1-1 and not 0-2.

This being the 3rd time we have gone in half with a lead and losing - that is not a talent issue. The other team is making the adjustments, we aren't.

That is a coaching issue. Both offense and defensive staffs need to step up or GTFO

2 hours ago, redswingline said:

They are shitty Big10 middling type of team. Not much talent, shitty O line. so they have to plod, eat clock and hope a rested defense with a couple of good players (LBs in their case) can make the stops.

They are 4-5th at best, in the Big12 this year.

Which team?