2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

texashorne

7 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The Braves are in a great spot and they've had a hell of a post-season run, but any Atlanta fan would be lying if they said they aren't worried about blowing this series.

Wouldn’t be the first 3-1 lead they have blown and they have also blown it with better starting options. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

The Braves are in a great spot and they've had a hell of a post-season run, but any Atlanta fan would be lying if they said they aren't worried about blowing this series.

Is it possible to blow a 3-1 lead?  Sure.  Am I worried?  No.  What happened in the Super Bowl almost 5 years ago has no bearing on a baseball game (if it did the Rangers would have won 3 World Series championships in the 90s.)  What happened in the NLCS has no bearing either.  They already exorcised that demon in this year's NLSC.

If Houston wins the next two games, THEN I'll worry about blowing the series.

Yes I am fucking stupid because I didn't remember the exact World Series game count from ten years ago when the Rangers lost. You got me.

Rangers haven’t won shit, such a weird statement. I thought the whole dallas vs Houston was dumb shit talk but guess you take it serious .

Lol at Astros fans getting really sensitive in this thread.

Newsflash: Every baseball fan outside of Houston is rooting against you. You have your own Astros thread where you go crazy over Altuve HRs and melt down over Altuve Ks, then you come to this thread and act surprised that every non-Astros poster is cheering for the Braves. Enjoy 2017*.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

their last HR barely escaped the big man's reach and Altuves drive barely stayed in the park at nearly the same spot.  That's the cruelty of baseball. Next year need to DH for Maldanado and PH for all the relief pitchers as needed.  Just too many injuries this year, we'll be back. 

This is shaping up to be a very good sports year for the state of Georgia. 

5 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Friendly reminder: they don't crown WS champs after three wins, or the Texas Rangers would have two trophies.

What’s funny is neither team has a legitimate championship according to any unbiased fan. That’s alright though. Manfred allowed you to keep the asterisk title because he has no backbone. Even asterisk flags fly forever, so I’ll give you that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Newsflash: Every baseball fan outside of Houston is rooting against you. 

WGAF? We don't need "everyone else."  The same fucking crybaby stories by national announcers for 2 years straight don't make a fuck either.

Our team has faced idiotic bullshit on the road all season.   It has  hurt them soooooo badly with a road record at 7 games over .500 during the regular season. In the postseason, Houston is 3-4 with a chance to make it .500 tonight.

If the bats wake up, Houston will prevail.  If they stay in the coma, the Braves win.  I have no problem with the Braves.  It's funny how the shithead fans of loser teams just want to pile on; but that's fucking great.  Bring it!!!

Drink up, bitches...

6dfbb1fff01899813ddb241f0f26f64e_640x640

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at 3.3% alc. Fitting for such a soft fanbase.

We're still here motherfucker.

Always have been.

Full disclosure: I don't drink that stuff either.  The name is funny though.  by the time Marwin came to the plate last night, this is what I started pouring.

856-1024x384.jpg

Edited by slorch

9 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Lol at Astros fans getting really sensitive in this thread.

I'm really amazed that so many of them have let Helobious get to them.  I mean, while their team was playing an ultra-stressful game in the World Series, there were numerous Astro fans on here arguing with him.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Braves might be one of the lowest win teams (2006 Cardinals with 83 wins) to ever win it all.  I know they're division winners but this expansion in recent decades has dramatically diluted the World Series. 

7AMERA5A6NBNHHLE3IQIKENFZ4.jpg&w=916

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/16/least-likely-world-series-winners-ever/

29 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm really amazed that so many of them have let Helobious get to them.  I mean, while their team was playing an ultra-stressful game in the World Series, there were numerous Astro fans on here arguing with him.

Valley Football Helo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>baseball trolling Helo.

3 hours ago, slorch said:

WGAF? We don't need "everyone else."  The same fucking crybaby stories by national announcers for 2 years straight don't make a fuck either.

Our team has faced idiotic bullshit on the road all season.   It has  hurt them soooooo badly with a road record at 7 games over .500 during the regular season. In the postseason, Houston is 3-4 with a chance to make it .500 tonight.

If the bats wake up, Houston will prevail.  If they stay in the coma, the Braves win.  I have no problem with the Braves.  It's funny how the shithead fans of loser teams just want to pile on; but that's fucking great.  Bring it!!!

Drink up, bitches...

6dfbb1fff01899813ddb241f0f26f64e_640x640

Then why even comment? You have the circle jerk thread one thread down where you can stay in your safe space.

The “woe is me” mindset gets more and more entertaining especially when the team created the issue. Feels a little like reaping what you sow at this point.

As far as the hitters, maybe it’s time to give a little credit to the other side. The Braves aren’t running a scrub staff out there. The longer it goes the more the advantage swings back to the hitters, but the Braves should also realize some benefit from that as well. It’s not like they are rolling out a AAA lineup.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brew said:

Then why even comment? .

I dunno...maybe to participate in the conversation.

just as you allude to deriving joy from the Astros fans being glum; I also get a kick out of the dislike for the Astros thread.  98% of it is bitching about our own players/ managers/ and bullshittery by the umps that affects both teams.  Somehow that's a threat to someone.

Whatever...

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Braves might be one of the lowest win teams (2006 Cardinals with 83 wins) to ever win it all.  I know they're division winners but this expansion in recent decades has dramatically diluted the World Series. 

7AMERA5A6NBNHHLE3IQIKENFZ4.jpg&w=916

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/16/least-likely-world-series-winners-ever/

I don’t know that I agree. In the regular season you get a shit-ton of low stress games against inferior competition. In the postseason it’s the best vs the best, in at least a 5 game series. No one talks about the 2001 Mariners being the greatest ever even with their W-L record.

Definitely realize the WS is not close to over… but just reflecting on being at the game last night, man…. Kyle wright saved us from certain doom. Then to have the explosion of the back to back homers that sent everyone in the stadium in to a blackout frenzy, and then Eddie making one of the greatest must have catches I’ve seen….it’s just one of those nights that encapsulates World Series baseball and the pure excitement of the moment. As an aside, the city of Atlanta is so joined together right now. It’s funny cause I’ve been going to games all year and could hardly find people to go…yeah covid didn’t help but we also sucked. Then in august it all changed and the Braves have taken over the city. And last night they closed the Battery because too many people were there. The energy is just unreal here.

/csb

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What’s funny is neither team has a legitimate championship according to any unbiased fan. That’s alright though. Manfred allowed you to keep the asterisk title because he has no backbone. Even asterisk flags fly forever, so I’ll give you that. 

One more Astros loss and they become 0-2-1 in the World Series.

• Fuck You 1