2021 World Series: Houston Astros vs. Atlanta Braves

texashorne

One of the most talented teams over any 5 year stretch in the history of this sport, and not a single legitimate World Series title. Crazy. 

I did win a ton of money though, riding the Astros this postseason. So thank you for your service. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

How these goobers get the call is beyond me. I walked to the corner store mid game and whoever was doing the call on ESPN audio was so much better.

I didn't give a shit who won this game / series.  People who wanted to project Smoltz as pro-Atlanta were just looking for a misguided angle. He's one of the best MLB color guys in history - objective, insightful and always on top of the game. That didn't change in this series, regardless of the winner. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I didn't give a shit who won this game / series.  People who wanted to project Smoltz as pro-Atlanta were just looking for a misguided angle. He's one of the best MLB color guys in history - objective, insightful and always on top of the game. That didn't change in this series, regardless of the winner. 

Fair enough. It's mainly Joe Buck. 

5 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Smoltz has been overly negative about everything being worse than in his day but he's getting better.  I don't think Joe Buck even likes baseball to be honest.  Neither were biased in the ALCS or WS.

Edited by WBT

Glad we won’t be hearing about the Astros for a while. MMP will be a ghost town in a couple years, those fans are as fair weather as they come. Which is great for me since it’s the closest big league park to where I live, I can start “cheaply” going to a couple MLB games a year.

Hopefully this convinces some owners that tanking when you’re mediocre isn’t always the right move. Braves ROI is far greater now than it would’ve been had they punted on the year. Overall it was just awesome to have a full baseball season again. Hopefully there’s a season in 2022. 

• Hook 'Em 1

God damn, I thought I might cry but basically I went to a Taco Mac and shot the shit with everyone and have a fucking smirk that I can't wipe off my face. I love Atlanta United and their MLS Cup in 2018 but holy fuck the Braves winning this is exorcising some demons for this city and it's championships.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Pretty crazy stat unless I'm missing something.

5 World Series titles have been clinched/won in the state of Texas.  None by a Texas team.

Astros lost their 3 WS series finales in Houston.

Texas lost the final game of the San Fran series at home.

Dodgers won last year in Arlington due to Covid.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

God damn, I thought I might cry but basically I went to a Taco Mac and shot the shit with everyone and have a fucking smirk that I can't wipe off my face. I love Atlanta United and their MLS Cup in 2018 but holy fuck the Braves winning this is exorcising some demons for this city and it's championships.

All of this right here. Watched with a handful of neighbors and scared the shit out of the dog on every good play. Great night. Parade Friday!
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Glad we won’t be hearing about the Astros for a while. MMP will be a ghost town in a couple years, those fans are as fair weather as they come. Which is great for me since it’s the closest big league park to where I live, I can start “cheaply” going to a couple MLB games a year.

Hopefully this convinces some owners that tanking when you’re mediocre isn’t always the right move. Braves ROI is far greater now than it would’ve been had they punted on the year. Overall it was just awesome to have a full baseball season again. Hopefully there’s a season in 2022. 

What the Astros have done to the Yankees and their fans is hilarious and pretty awesome. Astros odds-on favorites to win AL in 2022.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
4 hours ago, Helobious said:
I’m glad they’ve brought up Snitker’s story in every single game. His wife was evidently the first person in human history to make personal sacrifices to support a loved one. Awesome to hear about.

Snitker was on the high school team in the second-best baseball book ever written, One Shot at Forever. I can't believe they haven't mentioned that.

Great book!