Tell me about Mel Tugger (that’s gold, Jerry!)

Fondren & Main

8 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Nothing has changed. Lock him up, lifetime contract. He's got a good thing going, and if anyone expected us to compete with OSU, they're a moron. The goal is to get talent on the PSU/UM level and combine that with Mel's approach and MSU's typical tough guy, chip on shoulder approach. Never going to compete with OSU or Bama on a year in and year out basis unless a massive sinkhole opens up underneath Columbus. 

Edit - and good call Clooney on the MSU/UM game. 

One win over an overrated Miami team, one referee aided win over Michigan. That’s the extent of impressive W’s for the Spartans this year. Skullfucking doesn’t begin to describe what Ohio state did to you yesterday. Purdue completely outclassed you as well. The Tucker contract was a huge mistake, he’s proven nothing, and please bookmark this post when you’re deeply regretting that decision next year.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

One win over an overrated Miami team, one referee aided win over Michigan. That’s the extent of impressive W’s for the Spartans this year. Skullfucking doesn’t begin to describe what Ohio state did to you yesterday. Purdue completely outclassed you as well. The Tucker contract was a huge mistake, he’s proven nothing, and please bookmark this post when you’re deeply regretting that decision next year.

I bet you're fun at parties.

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You sound objective. 

Also can I ask you a serious question? Why the fuck would anyone, MSU alum or not, give two flying fucks what two billionaires shell out for a football coach? The U is not footing the bill. I hope they pay Tucker $400 million just so that it blows your mind and another $200 million to keep Harbaugh in AA. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

You sound objective. 

Also can I ask you a serious question? Why the fuck would anyone, MSU alum or not, give two flying fucks what two billionaires shell out for a football coach? The U is not footing the bill. I hope they pay Tucker $400 million just so that it blows your mind and another $200 million to keep Harbaugh in AA. 

I meant regret in that you won’t want him to be the coach by the end of next year. I could care less about the money (and that’s not a grammar error, by even commenting on this thread I care a little bit by default)

• Hook 'Em 1

See what does overrated mean exactly? They were overrated when they were 3 or 4 but we all knew that was just a speck in time before things were going to sort themselves out. If you are grounded in reality you knew that this team was not good enough to compete with OSU, Georgia, or Alabama. Beyond that are there just handfuls and handfuls of teams that are so egregiously better than a healthy Michigan State team? Not really. Not at all actually. 

Good football team. Was a lot better in September and October when they were healthy. Could not have competed with OSU then, either. Very little depth, and other than Walker and maybe Reed there isn't a guy on the roster that would be on the 2 deeps at OSU. Maybe 3 deeps. 

Yesterday changed nothing if you understand the reality of the situation. It's cool though, lazy national narratives gonna narrate. I'm good with that.

It will be interesting to see how this mash unit responds next week against PSU on Senior Day. Walker and Reed are hurt now, as well. 

• 1 year later...

Mel Tucker's $95 million contract is not the bargain we thought it was

Two mega-donors will only cover a quarter of the contract, documents show.

ZACH BARNETT    DEC 22, 2022

When Michigan State extended the second-largest contract in college football at time to Mel Tucker back in Nov. 21, the 10-year, $95 million contract was seen as relatively risk free for the university, since donors were covering most of the bill. Here's the Detroit News from Nov. 17, 2021:

Private funding will be responsible for the bulk of the contract with United Wholesale Mortgage president and CEO Mat Ishbia at the forefront of the push to secure a new contract for Tucker, along with longtime donor and CEO of Shift Digital, Steve St. Andre.

Tucker and the Spartans were 9-1 and ranked in the top 10 at the time. And if donors were carrying "the bulk" of the freight, why not do the deal?

Turns out, not so much.

Documents released Thursday show Ishbia and Andre agreed to donate "only" $24 million, leaving Michigan State to cover the remaining $71 million. Ishbia agreed to pay $14 million over 10 installments, while Andre will cover $10 million over six payments.

The figures came to light after a Michigan Court of Claims judge ruled the school had 10 days to produce documentation of Ishbia and Andre's donations as part of the state's public-records law. 

For what it's worth, Ishbia disclosed his $14 million donation in an interview for HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. He has previously donated $32 million to the athletics department. 

A guard on Michigan State's 2000 national champion basketball team, Ishbia is now the president and CEO of United Wholesale Mortgage and worth a reported $5.18 billion. He has been in the news this week for a $4 billion purchase of the Phoenix Suns, the largest on record in the NBA.

On their end, Michigan State should have no trouble covering the remainder of Tucker's contract. The Big Ten signed TV deals worth $8 billion earlier this year. 

After an 11-2 showing, a Peach Bowl victory and a No. 9 final AP ranking in 2021, Tucker's Spartans regressed to 5-7 this fall.

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

A guard on Michigan State's 2000 national champion basketball team, Ishbia is now the president and CEO of United Wholesale Mortgage and worth a reported $5.18 billion. He has been in the news this week for a $4 billion purchase of the Phoenix Suns, the largest on record in the NBA.

getting a bernie madoff feeling on that guy

On 11/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, Baboontyme said:

You sound objective. 

So how do you feel a year later, now that you know Tucker sucks and the school is paying the majority of his contract? Lmao

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

So how do you feel a year later, now that you know Tucker sucks and the school is paying the majority of his contract? Lmao

How most Spartan fans feel has nothing to do with the contract, I'm not paying for the contract. 
Do we wish there was a better season, sure, are we hopeful for next year yes. 

The contract never made sense from a monetary stand point, but there is a lot of that crazy shit around the world of sports theses days.

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

How most Spartan fans feel has nothing to do with the contract, I'm not paying for the contract. 

The contract never made sense from a monetary stand point, but there is a lot of that crazy shit around the world of sports theses days.

Let’s check back at the end of year 5.  

19 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Not to be a Dick, but I’m being a Dick, isn’t the contract the harbaugh had when he was hired make Spartans all over the country laugh? Also the music videos and what not? Whose got it better then us? All that jazz? Now he stinks has a big contract tucks comin also the pictures daily of cigar smoking n shit? It looks bad. Hope he turns it around because it isn’t getting easier 

12 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Not to be a Dick, but I’m being a Dick, isn’t the contract the harbaugh had when he was hired make Spartans all over the country laugh? Also the music videos and what not? Whose got it better then us? All that jazz? Now he stinks has a big contract tucks comin also the pictures daily of cigar smoking n shit? It looks bad. Hope he turns it around because it isn’t getting easier 

Jimmy's stupid shit made everyone around the country laugh. You left out shirtless touch football, sleeping at recruits houses, and taking the team to meet the Pope. 

So you've made my point, winning is all it takes to get past other stupid shit. But Tucker antics have never had the national media attention. 

Props to Harbs for getting the monkey of his back.

6 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Jimmy's stupid shit made everyone around the country laugh. You left out shirtless touch football, sleeping at recruits houses, and taking the team to meet the Pope. 

So you've made my point, winning is all it takes to get past other stupid shit. But Tucker antics have never had the national media attention. 

Props to Harbs for getting the monkey of his back.

racist comedy central GIF

• 8 months later...

He's done.

Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker accused of sexually harassing rape survivor

Brenda Tracy, a prominent rape survivor and activist, says Mel Tucker made sexual comments and masturbated without consent during a phone call. Her complaint led to an ongoing Title IX investigation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/10/michigan-state-football-coach-sexual-harassment-claim/70679703007/

14 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

He's done.

Michigan State football coach Mel Tucker accused of sexually harassing rape survivor

Brenda Tracy, a prominent rape survivor and activist, says Mel Tucker made sexual comments and masturbated without consent during a phone call. Her complaint led to an ongoing Title IX investigation.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/investigations/2023/09/10/michigan-state-football-coach-sexual-harassment-claim/70679703007/

Gonna guess there are out clauses for msu.   Money is no longer guaranteed 

long article.  He said/she said.  I feel like Mel is lying though and he’s done regardless 

Edited by closetohumping

10 minutes ago, Colonel Sanders said:

He's done.

Yikes 

In his statements to the Title IX investigator, Tucker acknowledged masturbating on the call but said Tracy grossly mischaracterized the episode. According to him, they had consensual “phone sex.”

Rigggghhhhht

How it started...
image.png.162b6908fe6843c2a7460b649c1bf65f.png
How it's going
jack-nicholson-masturbate.gif.c1ee4f63a97ad2de491a69c269786559.gif
Sexually harassing a rape survivor that he brought in to speak with his team about preventing sexual violence? It takes something special to be considered the dumbest motherfucker in the college coaching community, but I'll be damned if Mel didn't just reach out and grab that prize.

You said it much more eloquently than I could.

Not that you should be harassing any woman, but a rape surving activist should be last on on the list. Especially when you have millions on the line.

“Ms. Tracy’s distortion of our mutually consensual and intimate relationship into allegations of sexual exploitation has really affected me,” Tucker wrote in a March 22 letter to the investigator. “I am not proud of my judgment and I am having difficulty forgiving myself for getting into this situation, but I did not engage in misconduct by any definition.”

Even if what he said was true, how exactly is that not still misconduct?

In November, Michigan State signed him to an unprecedented 10-year, $95 million deal that came fully guaranteed, even if it fired him for poor performance. The only way he could lose out on the money, the contract said, was if he materially breached it, was convicted of a crime or

engaged in “conduct which, in the University’s reasonable judgment, would tend to bring public disrespect, contempt or ridicule on the University.”

Seems fairly clear cut. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

And he’s also accusing her of trying to break up his marriage

have to question a department that doesn't pull the cord in the offseason, and instead allows it to drag into the season... not sure you can even lay this one on due process

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:45 AM, Helobious said:

@Baboontyme @Js1 do you guys wanna admit you were wrong and I was right yet? 

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

Masterbated without consent.

There’s a new one.

So....are we supposed to ask?

I mean how do you even bring up a question like that?

"Yeah I'm digging our conversation. I'm into everything you're telling me. Do you mind if I whip it out and stroke my shit during our zoom call? I won't be a distraction. I promise."

• Fondren & Main changed the title to Tell me about Mel Tugger (that’s gold, Jerry!)