Michigan fan here….

Bogeywon

1 minute ago, Escapedgoat said:

He’s a rational Michigan fan. There are some as there are some rational Texas fans. There was a time our teams were all good. 

I am a rational fan. We haven’t won anything since the 90s. I’m just sad. Been watching it to long and I dig the vibes here always have. Sorry lock thread ban user. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Laxtonto said:

Not sure…. Still haven’t forgiven Michigan for how they treated Lloyd Carr….

You got any other positive attributes that might change our minds?

What was wrong with how they “treated” Lloyd Carr? He was ready to retire but stuck around for an extra year because they needed him. He wasn’t fired. 

15 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You guys chose to extend Harbaugh when you knew he was mediocre.

Not exactly true. His salary was dropped to the equivalent of his buyout. He just got to coach this year without the cloud of an expiring contract to negative recruit against. Financially, it’s no different than if they let him coach out the last year.

25 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Will you please take me? Been a member a while. Never start no shit. I know what pain is. Post bad ass guitars… those are the pros…. 

I’m a Horn…and a Wolverine…and an Astros fan. Stay as far from me as possible. I won’t be trying to take out any others, but my aim is terrible. Rough 24 hours of sports over here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

I’m a Horn…and a Wolverine…and an Astros fan. Stay as far from me as possible. I won’t be trying to take out any others, but my aim is terrible. Rough 24 hours of sports over here.

Two more World Series games and you can go out and enjoy the real world again.

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

@Bogeywon it's gonna take a while, but it gets better

I know but F man I’m broken. We haven’t had a QB since Henne in 2007. He lost all 4 to OSU. Also denard all he did was run up garbage stats against garbage teams, beat the worst OSU team in a million years and arm punt everywhere. Harbaughs qbs have been hot garbage. Cade may throw the best deep ball of all 7 of his qbs. Sad really. The admin is dumb enough to extend him because they don’t have the balls to fire a coach with a 9 win season. I expect bigger things from my team. His teams play with no heart. We got out hit and out coached today. It will get better but will it? It’s a admin problem now because they want to save face with this guy. Their Golden boy didn’t pay out. That’s my problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Hope the Astros win tonight! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

I’d like to take this time to publicly acknowledge that I let my emotions get the best of me. Sorry to everyone. Forever Wolverine no matter how much pain

Letting emotion (and stupidity) get the best of you is what this place is all about. I think you fit in nicely. 

Yes Bogey is “good people” that we need on this site. Too many years of wandering through the desert for both Blue Blood programs that is hard to explain to the outliers.

The pain each Fall for a decade plus is hard to extrapolate to the non-vested fan. When you have G-5 teams ranked higher than your team, playing a marginally soft schedule, but hey they’re looking at the W column, so I digress.

It’ll be another long season for our Horns. Is Sark the answer? I don’t know, but we have to give him time to get “his” players. Leading into the 3rd the last three losses starts to make me think that it’s not about the “Jimmy’s and Joes’,” but the coaching and adjustments during the second half. Old man rant over - I’m out!

Hook’em!

22 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

I know but F man I’m broken. We haven’t had a QB since Henne in 2007. He lost all 4 to OSU. Also denard all he did was run up garbage stats against garbage teams, beat the worst OSU team in a million years and arm punt everywhere. Harbaughs qbs have been hot garbage. Cade may throw the best deep ball of all 7 of his qbs. Sad really. The admin is dumb enough to extend him because they don’t have the balls to fire a coach with a 9 win season. I expect bigger things from my team. His teams play with no heart. We got out hit and out coached today. It will get better but will it? It’s a admin problem now because they want to save face with this guy. Their Golden boy didn’t pay out. That’s my problem. 

Man F that. Denard was badass to watch in college. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yes Bogey is “good people” that we need on this site. Too many years of wandering through the desert for both Blue Blood programs that is hard to explain to the outliers.

The pain each Fall for a decade plus is hard to extrapolate to the non-vested fan. When you have G-5 teams ranked higher than your team, playing a marginally soft schedule, but hey they’re looking at the W column, so I digress.

It’ll be another long season for our Horns. Is Sark the answer? I don’t know, but we have to give him time to get “his” players. Leading into the 3rd the last three losses starts to make me think that it’s not about the “Jimmy’s and Joes’,” but the coaching and adjustments during the second half. Old man rant over - I’m out!

Hook’em!
The "blue blood" thing has been creeping up on irrelevancy for quite a while now, and with CFB no longer being an amateur sport, (yes, it's been more than 60 years since thats been true, but at least everyone pretended) blueblood status from 40, 50, 60, 80 years ago becomes even more meaningless.

The big name programs will still attract recruits looking for academics and overall college experience, but the football factories will still get their share of those plus players with an NFL career as the ultimate goal. The storied programs of old are no better at doing that than many schools with middle of the road academics and located in some podunk college town that would have become ghost towns decades ago if the college were relocated somewhere else. Sure you could say programs located in Austin, LA, Ann Arbor etc will be attractive to recruits wanting to take advantage of NIL, but companies will find the outstanding players no matter where they are..local businesses are only part of the whole thing.

If we keep thinking the "wandering the desert" can only be a temporary thing...ask Harvard, Yale, Rutgers and other Ivies who used to dominate the sport how that goes. Football isnt like all the other sports...football factories like Bama, BlowU, tOSU, LSU and whichever other deep south school gets their shit together for a decade (Oregon might be a west coast example) will continue to dominate other less serious programs. It's very clear, we either become a football factory or hope the stars align every 30-40 years and brings us a glimmer of hope that will sustain us for the next 30-40 years of mediocrity.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, Bogeywon said:

Rep for "arm punt."

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Man F that. Denard was badass to watch in college. 

He was fun to watch against bad teams. He’s the guy from afar you’re like “damn I wish we had him” then you get one and it’s not as shiny and new as you think. Lol

2 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

He was fun to watch against bad teams. He’s the guy from afar you’re like “damn I wish we had him” then you get one and it’s not as shiny and new as you think. Lol

Yeah, he had no business playing QB for a major program. And RichRod had no business coaching one. He ran Ryan Mallett off and recruited like he was still in the Big East. And didn’t he have one recruiting class that included zero offensive lineman? Brady Hoke inherited a team that eventually had no seniors on the OL. 

Bogey it's Halloween and I've been drinking a little. Not a ton but a little so take it fwiw. I think you're probably a couple of years younger than me but I think we also live fairly close to one another. If I were more social I'd love to buy you a beer but that shit is not in my current wheelhouse.

My thing is... Football is supposed to be fun. Being a fan is supposed to be fun. This is why I burned all of my Lions gear. It just wasn't fun anymore. Sometimes the memories that our fandoms are built on are just not there anymore. Like, did I really love the Lions or did I just have a front row seat for 10 years to watch the most skilled RB in the history of the world? It's been 20 years but I think the answer is fairly obvious now.

I mean it's college football. Who gives a fuck? Ride and die with your team and don't let it affect you once the whistle blows. Or don't if it's not fun. No one will notice or care. I love my school. I spent like 12 years there, met my wife there, met many of my lifelong friends there, and my experiences there have shaped my life for sure. But it's just a football game. Who gives a shit. When cheering for a football team causes you more anxiety than it does pleasure it may be time to care a little less, especially if you've got kids and shit.

Also Fuck Michigan. You have the worst fanbase in the entire world and you should be embarrassed to be associated with the likes of Juicy and the mgoblog crew. You're better than that. 

I hope you find peace. 

• Hook 'Em 4