Texas vs TLU- tonight, 7:30 on LHN

shadow_operative

12 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You used to claim that every year and inevitably a bunch of us would remind you that you're wrong.  I'm here again to mark the calendar.

It’s a bit of hyperbole. Really I just forget bc I’m an old man now and forget things easily so this is my reminder. 
I think there might be a dozen to 20 of us that feel that way on this board in all seriousness. 
it feels so good to feel good about hoops again.  

The transfers all look polished and calm … our holdovers from last year are looking a bit skittish … but the product on the court looks organized and coached up on fundamentals…granted against a division 3 team with no scholarship athletes…good shit overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 things:

1) competence in a coaching staff is so so so wonderful to see for the first time since before Barnes lost his fastball 

2) whoever said the chemistry looks great for so early was spot on. Really impressive all things considered. 

3) we got any shooters?  Thankfully this team doesn’t look like they are just going to chunk up horrible 3’s over and over- but you got to hit the three to compete at the highest level in this sport. We going to be able to do that consistently? 

30 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

So damn refreshing not to see 4 guys standing outside the paint and one setting a high pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that’s actually how you’re supposed to play basketball! - bitterwhiteguy probably 

Edited by jw4381

11 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

very pretty jumper from Tyson.

Yeah I was just talking to my dad and besides the fact that it’s hard to take much away against a D3 team, we both thought Tyson looked good. Granted he didn’t play a lot but he’s more fluid than I expected and doesn’t look out of place.

14 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

Can Beard coach both basketball and football?

So much this.  I'm not even much of a basketball fan, really.  But damn I'm impressed with Beard already, and I realize this is a game against an overmatched opponent that doesn't even count.  But there's no softness, nor any dumb slogans like "all gas, no brakes" here.  Just a bunch of studs who show up, go to work, and kick ass.  I want more now.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Derka and I are the only horns I know who would prefer our next national title to be in basketball rather than football. Anyone else feel this way? 
it could happen. I’m all in on Beard. This is gonna be fun. 

Nope, I'm in this group as well.

• Hook 'Em 1