Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

That's hilarious but I think the whole case hinges on what led up to rosenbaum (1st victim/attacker) getting shot. From what I understand this is also where we have the least video evidence..?

Here's some video footage of Rosenbaum chasing after Kyle Rittenhouse. Shows the exact moment when Kyle turns and fires.

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Rittenhouse decided to take the stand 

DT crowd is freaking out about it. Pretty funny to watch. 

Defense must not think it has this thing quite as locked up as the DT crowd does. It will all come down now to how his cross goes. 

If any sane person is watching it let us know how it goes. 

13 hours ago, Bravo said:

I assume you have no issue with this either. It's for your team.

Negged for tragically off sense of logical thinking. 

Mitigated by your projection of "team" loyalty to justify criminal activities by your team. Nobody here will defend the alleged claim above if it comes to any fruition whatever. If the claim is true, I hope law enforcement is on top of it enough to protect the jurors and bring any bad actors to justice.

You're really a rotten human being. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

dumb, why would his lawyers do this ?

1. He has a pale baby face and looks younger than 17.

2. When he cries (and he may do so, *he did when the police talked to him) he's going to look like  child actor, Jackie Cooper, and someone told him his dog died.

3. He may have no problem with lying on the stand. He may not do so, but with so many norms having been broken in our society especially in regards to the way we view institutions and the law, it wouldn't surprise me.

*crying after you've shot someone, even if it is because you realize you're in deep trouble, is at least a small sign that emotion is present. IMO, someone who kills without emotion is likely in far worse shape as a human.

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Bravo said:

well, earlier Rosenbaum told him "if I ever see you alone I'm going to kill you". Then he got him alone. Chased him and cornered him. Rittenhouse turns around Rosenbaum yells Fuck You and lunges for his gun. I think most people would have a reasonable fear for their life in this context, no?

was that meant for the KR fan boi board ?

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

2. When he cries (and he may do so, *he did when the police talked to him) he's going to look like  child actor, Jackie Cooper, and someone told him his dog died.

3. He may have no problem with lying on the stand. He may not do so, but with so many norms having been broken in our society especially in regards to the way we view institutions and the law, it wouldn't surprise me.

*crying after you've shot someone, even if it is because you realize you're in deep trouble, is at least a small sign that emotion is present. IMO, someone who kills without emotion is likely in far worse shape as a human.

He did cry on the stand, and it's kinda hard to cry on demand. I wonder how prosecutors will handle him.

30 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If any sane person is watching it let us know how it goes. 

This. It's hard to cut through all the noise and get some unbiased playback of what is going on and how it is going. Has anyone in 13 pages here shown themselves capable of being disaffected and neutral?

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

giphy.gif

I'll bite, and I can see it as you are a lawyer and can approach this as a tradesman and a student of the craft:

How has this trial gone so far in your estimation and review? Who is winning? Have you seen enough to make an educated guess on the outcome? Any surprises or gotchas? 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, workswithseed said:

So, what do you think so far? 

I think it's a lot closer case than those cheering on Rittenhouse think, given the decision to let him testify.

The testimony by the guy who got shot in the arm, from what I've been able to gather so far, was pretty awful to the prosecution.  Also I don't know why they overlooked putting on any evidence or presentation of argument regarding curfew violation, so that seemed like a pretty obvious whiff on their part.

To be honest, though, I haven't been watching any of the proceedings live and am only mildly interested in the outcome.

Any attempted doxxing of jurors needs to be investigated and prosecuted fully.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I'll bite, and I can see it as you are a lawyer and can approach this as a tradesman and a student of the craft:

How has this trial gone so far in your estimation and review? Who is winning? Have you seen enough to make an educated guess on the outcome? Any surprises or gotchas? 

See above.  I don't have any strong inkling of how this will turn out, especially because I haven't sat through any of the proceedings.  Any guess on my part would be totally uneducated so I'll not even try (I know, this is Surly, but you asked for an honest answer).  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

... it's kinda hard to cry on demand.

Have you led a charmed life, free from pain and worry? Many people can bring to mind memories and the tears will flow. The difficulty is expressing sincerity, and most importantly, believable sincerity and personal bias affects how one views that.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Have you led a charmed life, free from pain and worry? Many people can bring to mind memories and the tears will flow. The difficulty is expressing sincerity, and most importantly, believable sincerity and personal bias affects how one views that.

I haven't lived a charmed life, but for me, I can't cry on demand. I have to listen to Teddy Bear to get my chest to hurt. Everytime.

2 hours ago, ousuxndallas said:

Here's some video footage of Rosenbaum chasing after Kyle Rittenhouse. Shows the exact moment when Kyle turns and fires.

How to we know he was being chased?  Guy could have been jogging and he has the right to be there and jog.   It is a public space and he has the same right to it as anyone else.   

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

One devoid of empathy has problems with emotions.  

34 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I believe he went there hoping to shoot a bad guy in fulfillment of the prophecies our fucked up mythology lays out. Evil is easily identified and deserving of only death by bullet. Or to quote Hans:

Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshal Dillon?

Maybe when he was fleeing, he was beginning to see the real absurdity of his vision of the evening. Too late. He kills a guy he would never have otherwise met in fulfillment of the scriptures.

It's as good as murder in my book. I'm unmoved by his remorse. He deserves punishment.

The law may not agree with me, but I'm okay with that. Good for Kyle that I don't have his fucked sensibility about showing up to shoot bad guys wherever they may be.

Hans Gruber : This time John Wayne does not walk off into the sunset with Grace Kelly.

John McClane : That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Nivek said:

How to we know he was being chased?  Guy could have been jogging and he has the right to be there and jog.   It is a public space and he has the same right to it as anyone else.   

After watching that video a few times, I think it's pretty clear he was being chased.  (Galactically stupid for an unarmed man to chase an armed man, BTW.) 

But, for me, the video also undercuts the notion that Rittenhouse was "cornered" at the time he shot Rosenbaum -- Rittenhouse was able to continue running in the same path after he turned and fired, and eventually circled around the parked cars.

It will be interesting to see how the self-defense issue plays out with this jury.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I figured he’d cry at some point. It’s pretty much impossible to tell if it’s real remorse or not since just the stress itself of being on the stand can cause it. 

More interested in the substance of what he’s saying. I’m sure the other thread has more of it but I don’t need the bullshit spin which makes the retelling worthless.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

After watching that video a few times, I think it's pretty clear he was being chased.  (Galactically stupid for an unarmed man to chase an armed man, BTW.) 

But, for me, the video also undercuts the notion that Rittenhouse was "cornered" at the time he shot Rosenbaum -- Rittenhouse was able to continue running in the same path after he turned and fired, and eventually circled around the parked cars.

It will be interesting to see how the self-defense issue plays out with this jury.   

I agree with this. 

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

That doesn't look like real crying to me. That looks like he is trying to cry to make himself more sympathetic.  

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I mean you could be right. 

I'm not going to assess the defendant's sincerity as I've not been following the broadcast; were I a juror, however, it would not matter to me with respect to following the charge of the court to weigh facts, evidence, and the charges. Tears for sentencing? Perhaps. After all, my children used to cry aplenty when they realized judgement was declared and it was time for the consequences. Who wouldn't?

• Hook 'Em 1

Jimmy I haven't been following too closely and my impression of WI's self-defense law might be a bit off, but my understanding of how it applies is basically the following (ignoring the duty to retreat for a moment): if he actually reasonably feared for his life and used reasonable force in self defense against the first guy he shot, causing the others to then try to disarm him thinking that THEY were using a reasonable level of force to defend themselves and/or others from his (believed to be) unlawful conduct, he can also succeed on a self defense claim for the subsequent shootings of the guys who reasonably thought THEY were legally acting to defend themselves and others. Does that sound accurate to you?

That seems like a pretty big fucking problem.

Edited by wildcat09

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not going to assess the defendant's sincerity as I've not been following the broadcast; were I a juror, however, it would not matter to me with respect to following the charge of the court to weigh facts, evidence, and the charges. Tears for sentencing? Perhaps. After all, my children used to cry aplenty when they realized judgement was declared and it was time for the consequences. Who wouldn't?

I think of Gone Girl, there is acting with some sincerity. I would probably break down too, but I also would wonder from others if it was real. 

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Not one tear, as far as I could see.  That was rehearsed.  He's a stone cold killer.

Agreed.  I saw a lot of blubbering but no real tears.  I think he was doing all that over the top shit to try and actually force a tear.  I watched a number of times.