Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

53 minutes ago, Bravo said:

OK, let me unpack this a bit. #1 the guy he shot in the arm that pulled the gun on him and pointed at his head was told by Rittenhouse on the wounded guys own livestream while he jogged 2 feet from him "I'm going to the police". Therefore he knew at least he was fleeing to turn himself in. The other he shot and killed from the mob chasing him as he fled to the police knocked him upside the head once with a skateboard knocking him to the ground. Then while on the ground hit him upside the head again then grabbed his gun. 

#2 the drone video you can see and not even the prosecution refuted that he was cornered him run between cars having to slow down then seeing a mass of people around those cars so effectively cornering him and forcing the confrontation with Rosenbaum who yelled fuck you and lunged for him. 

We're getting into the weeds a bit on this, but I'm not sure that most people would have taken Rittenhouse at his word at that particular time and in those particular circumstances.  Armed guy fleeing scene after shooting someone says he's going straight to the police.  Riiiiiight.  I continue to believe that these other victims didn't know much about Rittenhouse other than he was armed and had just shot someone seconds beforehand. 

As for your point about the skateboard guy, I stated above that, assuming Rittenhouse's shooting of Rosenbaum was lawful, he should also have a legitimate self-defense claim as to the other shootings.  I don't believe we disagree on that point. 

As for the "cornering" issue, see my post above.  I wasn't aware of evidence indicating that there were persons around those cars.  Assuming that evidence is legit, then it could very well support an argument that Rittenhouse felt cornered.  Those persons aren't depicted on the videos I've seen to date, but I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm not privy to all of the evidence in the case because I haven't been watching the trial.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Does anyone know why Kyle Rittenhouse was in Kenosha?

Did you not see him testify?  He said what he was doing there.

Why did pedo attack him?  Why did the other two who did not witness him defend himself against the serial child rapist attack him when he was not threatening anyone at the time?

17 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Did you not see him testify?  He said what he was doing there.

Why did pedo attack him?  Why did the other two who did not witness him defend himself against the serial child rapist attack him when he was not threatening anyone at the time?

Call him by his name, would you please? You've made your opinion of him quite clear, but this doesn't help your position really. His name was Rosenbaum. Watching the video, which admittedly is not super clear, I don't believe the prosecution can make their case that it was not self-defense against Rosenbaum.

The other two deaths were extremely unfortunate, because one can hear several shouts that he (Rittenhouse) shot someone. As was pointed out earlier, they seemed to be attempting to stop someone with a gun and while, yes, he wasn't actively shooting anyone at the moment, it is a little wild to expect someone to shout, "hey you! You with the gun? You done?" And as was also pointed out, given the first self-defense, these subsequent shootings will likely stand in that manner as well. Finally, the point about it really being just a screw up all around and him being placed in juvenile supervision--on that, I can see some reason as radicalizing young people in prison (adult) does seem to be a problem.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
typo
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

My guess is he'll be found innocent, that the self defense defense will prevail. That said, doughboy Kyle's presence there in Kenosha was the result of indoctrination by and assistance from adults in his life and those adults need to be on trial next. 

So now you want people prosecuted on their thoughts. Cool.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

So now you want people prosecuted on their thoughts. Cool.

i'm totally sure there aren't any laws against straw purchases of firearms and/or handing a minor a rifle unsupervised and/or driving him to a riot and letting him run around by himself, nevermind the rifle. 

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i'm totally sure there aren't any laws against straw purchases of firearms and/or handing a minor a rifle unsupervised and/or driving him to a riot and letting him run around by himself, nevermind the rifle. 

Can't believe I am going to type this but you actually make a good point.  There seems to be a little grey area on whether or not he could legally own the gun but I agree that if the straw purchase was illegal then that guy should be prosecuted.  I also actually agree on the mom.  Kids do stupid shit all the time.  IF, she knew he was going to get a gun when she drove him to the riot, I think she could be prosecuted as well.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, sheeeit said:

Can't believe I am going to type this but you actually make a good point.  There seems to be a little grey area on whether or not he could legally own the gun but I agree that if the straw purchase was illegal then that guy should be prosecuted.  I also actually agree on the mom.  Kids do stupid shit all the time.  IF, she knew he was going to get a gun when she drove him to the riot, I think she could be prosecuted as well.  

you have to be 18 or with approved legal guardian to legally own/handle a gun in WI. there is no grey area here. this child crossed state lines, borrowed a gun, and killed Americans in cold blood. he needs to rot in jail.

1 minute ago, sheeeit said:

I posted that in the DT thread but was shouted down. Conspiracy to break federal firearms laws (read: arrange a straw purchase) is a felony. NRA legal blog can tell you all about it.

Rittenhouse has liability and culpability for his role in conspiring to illegally purchase a gun.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

We're getting into the weeds a bit on this, but I'm not sure that most people would have taken Rittenhouse at his word at that particular time and in those particular circumstances.  Armed guy fleeing scene after shooting someone says he's going straight to the police.  Riiiiiight.  I continue to believe that these other victims didn't know much about Rittenhouse other than he was armed and had just shot someone seconds beforehand. 

As for your point about the skateboard guy, I stated above that, assuming Rittenhouse's shooting of Rosenbaum was lawful, he should also have a legitimate self-defense claim as to the other shootings.  I don't believe we disagree on that point. 

As for the "cornering" issue, see my post above.  I wasn't aware of evidence indicating that there were persons around those cars.  Assuming that evidence is legit, then it could very well support an argument that Rittenhouse felt cornered.  Those persons aren't depicted on the videos I've seen to date, but I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm not privy to all of the evidence in the case because I haven't been watching the trial.

Jack Colton: Cartagena? Angel, you are hell and gone from Cartagena. Cartagena's over there on the coast.

Joan Wilder: But they told me this bus...

Jack Colton: Who told you that? Who told you this bus was going to Cartagena?

Joan Wilder: That man...

Jack Colton: That nice man who pulled a gun on you? What else did he tell you?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I think the judge is angling for a fox news gig after the stunt he pulled today. Getting the jury to give a witness a round of applause right before he testifies. That’s happened exactly never. I think he knew what he was doing and it’s sickening.

It’s either that or he’s a complete moron and needs to get his dumb ass off the bench. He totally fucked up this trial.

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

the ceremony was over and the remains had been driven off. 

this is just lazy fucking effort.  troll better.

Back to the surly we love.  Calling out a poster for trolling and being lazy by trolling and being lazy.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/usa-today-correction-fact-check-biden-watch

""Corrections & Clarifications: This story was updated Sept. 2 to note that Biden checked his watch multiple times at the dignified transfer event, including during the ceremony itself," the correction read at the top of the report on Thursday"

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Bravo said:

how is that lying? I literally posted the eye witness account from a dad who was there. He isnt the only parent saying the same thing. 

Did Biden call the dead soldiers suckers?  I just need to know where we are drawing the line on being outraged.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

how is that lying? I literally posted the eye witness account from a dad who was there. He isnt the only parent saying the same thing. 

Did you watch the video or are you citing a station which claims that no reasonable person would believe them?  

• Haha 3

I will say this for the kid, he’s got the Kavenaugh/Republican blubbering face down pat. The GQP will probably be nominating him for the Supreme Court soon with the Sack’s complete support of course. In case y’all forgot, it was the kavenaugh hearings that drove the sack to pay 10k to watch rats fuck.

Kyle can then get a chance to do some more blubbering during his confirmation hearing.

It is the FATHERS who were there telling what happened. Doesnt matter the network. I knew you would do that BTW. Oh, well on Fox which is biased right so anything on it is false. Listen to it and you tell me if those Dads are lying? You think they care or were just so offended wanted to get their story out?

It is the FATHERS who were there telling what happened. Doesnt matter the network. I knew you would do that BTW. Oh, well on Fox which is biased right so anything on it is false. Listen to it and you tell me if those Dads are lying? You think they care or were just so offended wanted to get their story out?

Did you forget what thread you are on? Post your bullshit propaganda on the Biden thread.

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

he literally said on video in trial with Grosskreutz confirming it he said "I'm going to the police" to me. It was a very powerful moment. I guess you missed that?

Missed it in the sense that I was not watching the trial when that testimony occurred?  Correct -- I have watched very, very little of the trial.  But I'm taking you at your word that there was testimony by Grosskreutz to that effect, and I have read news accounts indicating that there was testimony to that effect, so I have no doubt that it occurred.

But it doesn't change my opinion that the persons Rittenhouse encountered after he shot Rosenbaum had little or no idea of the circumstances of that first shooting or of Rittenhouse's conduct earlier that evening.  Why not?  Because I understand there was testimony to the effect that AFTER Rittenhouse made that statement in Grosskreutz's presence, Grosskreutz heard other bystanders saying that Rittenhouse had shot someone, which caused Grosskreutz to turn and follow Rittenhouse.  So a person in Grosskreutz's position could have easily decided that Rittenhouse was feeding him a line.  Also, I don't know about you, but I would tend to doubt a statement about "going to the police" under those circumstances, i.e., armed person jogging/running away from the direction of gunfire with multiple other individuals shouting that he's a shooter.  But that's just me.  Maybe you're more trusting.  Third, any statement that Rittenhouse made to Grosskreutz (or in Grosskreutz's presence) would obviously have no bearing on Huber's state of mind at the time he encountered Rittenhouse.  Fourth, the Rosenbaum shooting had just occurred moments before, so how could any of those other individuals have known all the facts relating to it? 

Again, I want to stress that the foregoing doesn't necessarily mean that Rittenhouse doesn't have a good self-defense argument as to the Huber and Grosskreutz shootings.  It's simply my opinion that the persons Rittenhouse shot didn't know the circumstances of the Rosenbaum shooting (which had just happened moments before), nor did they know if Rittenhouse's activities earlier that evening, which (in turn) tends to explain why they were attacking him and/or trying to stop him from fleeing.  That's all.  

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Bravo said:

you think I randomly started posting this or in response to nonsense?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-check-watch-13/

So he checked his watch, after the car passed and one other time between cars.   Big fucking deal.  more right wing fake outrage.    Some parents were riled up to be outraged by fox because fox staffers are assholes.  

So no, I don't fucking care one bit.   Even less after what your side put in office.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I always thought the gold star family thing was fucked up.

So my family member dies in combat for this country and all we get in return is a gold star? Is this Mrs. Smiths kindergarten class? If I get enough gold stars from my dead kids do I get extra recess time?