WESTERN KENTUCKY @ Marshall :: CHECK

Wisconsin @ Minnesota :: BADGER FAIL

UL Monroe @ LOUISIANA :: CHECK

aggy @ LSU :: CHECK

Oklahoma @ OKLAHOMA STATE :: CHECK

PITTSBURGH @ Syracuse :: CHECK

CLEMSON @ South Carolina :: CHECK

Notre Dame @ STANFORD :: TREE FAIL

BRIGHAM YOUNG @ University of Southern California :: BYU up 21-10 nearing the half

the espn "power index" is disney's wink-wink nudge-nudge to the committee

this morning's stack:

1 georgia

2 michigan

3 cincinnati

4 alabama

5 oklahoma state

6 domer

7 ole miss

8 baylor

9 michigan state

10 ohio state

11 byu

12 oregon

13 pittsburgh

14 oklahoma

15 utah

16 wake forest

17 iowa

18 houston

19 san diego state

20 clemson

21 nc state

22 louisiana

23 kentuckee

24 wisconsin

25 aggy

takes:

saban's top 4 slot preserved to drop georgia to 4th and move alabama to 3rd in the event of an alabama win next week - the naked bias is egregious

espn *still* doesn't believe kirby can beat saban despite boomhauer breaking the "apprentice/master" duck and despite alabama's iron futility

ohio state kicked to the curb - no narrative preservation for jorts - only saban gets every last grain in the hourglass

iowa can win the b1g and has zero chance

michigan can lose to iowa and at 10-3 back in if houston beats cincinnati

in: georgia

win and your in: alabama, cincinnati, michigan

"1-loss big-12 champion" narrative was being pushed over domer's candidacy across all broadcasts yesterday with oklahoma state being discussed as an equal to 0u using the same "quality top 10 wins" narratives used to prop up secX3 candidacies over the past 10 years.  this was all day, even before bedlam.

simplest way in for oklahoma state is a georgia win

fuck up against bayler and the baptists put domer in AGAIN for ANOTHER waste of a semi

if georgia wins.......

ap is out

ohio state punished less severely and *almost* close enough to sniff the conversation with other results

1. Georgia (62) 12-0

2. Michigan 11-1

3. Cincinnati 12-0

4. Alabama 11-1

5. Oklahoma State 11-1

6. Notre Dame 11-1

7. Ohio State 10-2

8. Ole Miss 10-2

9. Baylor 10-2

10. Oregon 10-2

11. Michigan State 10-2

12. BYU 10-2

13. Oklahoma 10-2

14. Utah 9-3

15. Iowa 10-2

16. Houston 11-1

17. Pittsburgh 10-2

18. Wake Forest 10-2

19. San Diego State 11-1

20. Louisiana-Lafayette 11-1

21. NC State 9-3

22. Clemson 9-3

23. Arkansas 8-4

24. Texas A&M 8-4

25. Kentucky 9-3

What happens if 2-5 all lose?   
maybe UGA finally gets Bama, this should be the year of years.  

Definitely could see Iowa upset UM

UH has had a really good year, who knew the drunk had it in him?  Can they beat Cinci?  Wouldn’t put it past them

OSU, hard to beat the same team 2x in a season, it would be very Gundy to finally win bedlam but shit the bed the next week. 

So in that cas Dome is almost certainly in along with fOSU?  Who else?  

Bama win clogs 2 spots with teams that played already.  Bama and UM loss gives us 2 teams that already played.  Bama and Cinci loss along with OkSt and we get another 2 teams that played.  

The real shitty outcome is UGA, UM and OkSt all lose and we end up with Bama, Cinci, UGA, Dome for maximum repeat, so that’s probably what happens.  

Edited by Jimbob

The much anticipated change of scenery in the playoffs is finally arriving this year. OU, Ohio St and Clemson are all out of contention.  If UGA wins the SEC Bama would likely be eliminated as well. Cincinnati deserves a shot, I'd root for the under dog.

20 minutes ago, Chad said:

The much anticipated change of scenery in the playoffs is finally arriving this year. OU, Ohio St and Clemson are all out of contention.  If UGA wins the SEC Bama would likely be eliminated as well. Cincinnati deserves a shot, I'd root for the under dog.

Fuck Cincinnati they don't deserve shit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ojo Rojo said:

This.  I don't know why, but I hate the fact that non-Power 5 schools (and ND) have a shot.  They don't play the same strength of schedule so they don't deserve to get in.  Period.

They will get boat raced by anyone else. It's stupid to compare ND and their also trash ass schedule this season to anything that Cinci has done. 

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Fuck Cincinnati they don't deserve shit. 

There was a widely shared similar sentiment to G6 teams and the BCs, but they pulled off some huge wins as well when everyone said they couldn't hang. The shit bags from Norman could attest to that when Boise won the Fiesta Bowl back in 2006 and went on to win several other BCS bowls, TCU won the Rose Bowl over an 11-1 team back in 2010 as well. The playoff system for CFB is an improvement over the BCS system, but leaves a metric fuck ton to be desired when you compare it to march madness.

So, the CCGs matchups will be:

1 vs 3

2 vs 13

4 vs 21

5 vs 9

10 vs 17

13 vs 16

oSu should be a lock if they win - even with a Bama win.

I've been pulling for Cincy to make it but If 3 other 1 loss teams make it(UGA,Bama,Mich), how would they justify leaving out a team whose 12th win was a top10 victory? If they leave out a one loss champion perhaps it should be Michigan. Isn't beating #9 a better resume builder than beating #13? (but I know they won't do that)

6, 7, and 8 do not play so without the right upsets I see no way any of them make it in.

Bring on the expansion!!!

Edited by BluTechsan

5 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

So, the CCGs matchups will be:

1 vs 3

2 vs 13

4 vs 21

5 vs 9

10 vs 17

13 vs 16

oSu should be a lock if they win - even with a Bama win.

I've been pulling for Cincy to make it but If 3 other 1 loss teams make it, how would they justify leaving out a team whose 12th win was a top10 victory? If they leave out a one loss champion perhaps it should be Michigan. Isn't beating #9 a better resume builder than beating #13? (but I know they won't do that)

6, 7, and 8 do not play so without the right upsets I see no way any of them make it in.

Bring on the expansion!!!

Pretty sure the Pokes would jump Cincy. Even though I don't think they're a better team. But that requires Bama winning.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Pretty sure the Pokes would jump Cincy. Even though I don't think they're a better team. But that requires Bama winning.

I think so too but I don't like it.

Here's the win/loss resumes 

UGA - wins vs 20, 22, 23 - loss vs (3)

MICH - wins vs 7, (13) - loss vs 11

BAMA - wins vs (1), 8, 22 - loss vs 25

CINCY - wins vs 6, (21)

oSu - wins vs 9, 14, (9) - loss vs unranked

ND - wins vs unranked - loss vs (4)

38 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

I think so too but I don't like it.

Here's the win/loss resumes 

UGA - wins vs 20, 22, 23 - loss vs (3)

MICH - wins vs 7, (13) - loss vs 11

BAMA - wins vs (1), 8, 22 - loss vs 25

CINCY - wins vs 6, (21)

oSu - wins vs 9, 14, (9) - loss vs unranked

ND - wins vs unranked - loss vs (4)

It could come down to how they win. If Cincy just kicks the shit out of UH and the pokes look like shit and escape late against Baylor maybe Cincy gets the nod? But I kind of refuse to believe the committee would do that. 

I hope Cincy gets in. They need to beat UH but I want to see what they can do because I don't think anyone wants them in a semi game. 

15 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

At least if UGA wins and the rest hold serve there won’t be any rematches in the playoff. Most other combinations involve at least 1 rematch.   

I'm hoping for an UGA win but I'm not holding my breath that SECSECSEC shenanigans won't be afoot.

• 3 weeks later...

So a team could win the CFP without ever taking a snap. That’s fantastic.

What’s the most hilarious way this could play out? Obviously the chaos crowd would like to see Cincy win by default. But as a dwag hater I’d love to see Bama get coronated without a play (if it has to happen, my first preference would be for no cancelations).

13 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

So a team could win the CFP without ever taking a snap. That’s fantastic.

What’s the most hilarious way this could play out? Obviously the chaos crowd would like to see Cincy win by default. But as a dwag hater I’d love to see Bama get coronated without a play (if it has to happen, my first preference would be for no cancelations).

Bama will win bc Saban ain't fucking around with the vaccine.  No vax, no play - and there's 5 stars behind you and ready to take your spot.  I'm sure he laid down the hammer after the SECCG. 

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Sphincters will be tightening for the fans of these teams. Imagine if you're a Michigan or Georgia fan and you've been waiting forever for your team to have a chance at the title again, only to have Covid possibly remove any chance to even attempt for the title.

UGA has a pretty solid outbreak going right now. I wouldnt be too hurt if Michigan ended up with a Bye to play Bama. Would serve the committee right for not matching up UGA and Bama again when no one wanted to see that in the natty. 

On 12/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, Js1 said:

Bama will win bc Saban ain't fucking around with the vaccine.  No vax, no play - and there's 5 stars behind you and ready to take your spot.  I'm sure he laid down the hammer after the SECCG. 

What does the vax have to do with anything?

Isn’t 90something % of NFL players vaxed yet they’ve had postponements and unable-to-play cases all season long? 

At this point, 2 yrs into this crap, asymptomatic should be the standard. Any and all such players and coaches should be good to go.

Edited by BluTechsan

4 minutes ago, BluTechsan said:

What does the vax have to do with anything?

Isn’t 90something % of NFL players vaxed yet they’ve had postponements and unable-to-play cases all season long? 

At this point, 2 yrs into this crap, asymptomatic players and coaches should be good to go.

You could, you know, research the answer instead of turning this into another mindless debate. 

Players must either test negative within 72 hours of a CFP game or be fully vaccinated. So if your whole team is fully vaccinated then they don't need to be tested. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You could, you know, research the answer instead of turning this into another mindless debate. 

Players must either test negative within 72 hours of a CFP game or be fully vaccinated. So if your whole team is fully vaccinated then they don't need to be tested. 

thank you - my bad on not knowing the “whole team” line of delineation. And yeah, I don’t wish to turned this into a vax debate.

I’m just stating my opinion that I think it’s a silly standard.

Not only that but what if they decide to test anyway? Then what?

Isn’t that what Mayfield was complaining about?

Edited by BluTechsan