2021-2022 Texas Winter Weather Thread

Hate

1 hour ago, 3adays said:

LOL…watching local Austin CBS and live shot downtown with Ricardo has some psycho yelling “CBS is fake news..you suck” 

BTW…I’d like to use Allison Millers tities to keep me warm 

What the hell man, we are in a climate emergency. Document your thesis for those in a life threatening scenario.

r/hot_reporters - Allison Miller CBS Austin, TX shes smoking hot!!! Guys thoughts? She has a great rack to!!

that does in fact appear to be a preferable survival technique to slicing open a tauntaun

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

What the hell man, we are in a climate emergency. Document your thesis for those in a life threatening scenario.

r/hot_reporters - Allison Miller CBS Austin, TX shes smoking hot!!! Guys thoughts? She has a great rack to!!

that does in fact appear to be a preferable survival technique to slicing open a tauntaun

See post #944

59 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Looks like she can eat corn on the cob through a chain link fence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Update:

All right, the clearing line has come through, maybe one more band of light snow (actually is with the radar is showing) could come through Bruce Lee then I think we're done with the precip.

Figures that it would save it's harshest round for right before it cleared but I think we escaped fairly well.

How low it gets tomorrow a.m. depends on how much cloud cover is left. Back later if necessary, I'm considering this storm event over more or less.

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Update:

All right, the clearing line has come through, maybe one more band of light snow (actually is with the radar is showing) could come through Bruce Lee then I think we're done with the precip.

Figures that it would save it's harshest round for right before it cleared but I think we escaped fairly well.

How low it gets tomorrow a.m. depends on how much cloud cover is left. Back later if necessary, I'm considering this storm event over more or less.

not-over-till-i-say-its-over.gif

But yeah, whatever Frankie said above.

7 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Update:

LOL just read through this, my fubar voice to text converter did a great job. Have no idea what"come through Bruce Lee"means and I don't want to know.

Anyway, the bulk of the storm is definitely passed, could be some backside spotting freezing precip but we're out of the woods precip wise now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 3adays said:

LOL…watching local Austin CBS and live shot downtown with Ricardo has some psycho yelling “CBS is fake news..you suck” 

BTW…I’d like to use Allison Millers tities to keep me warm 

My office is literally -- and I'm using the word correctly -- 50 feet from KEYE.  Need me to pass on a message?

Here's something to tide you over:

Allison Miller CBS Austin, TX shes smoking hot!!! Guys thoughts? She has a  great rack to!! : r/hot_reporters

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

LOL just read through this, my fubar voice to text converter did a great job. Have no idea what"come through Bruce Lee"means and I don't want to know.

Anyway, the bulk of the storm is definitely passed, could be some backside spotting freezing precip but we're out of the woods precip wise now.

Sonovabitch

36 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

So fucking dumb that they started naming winter storms.  Throwing bone to the weather channel so they can Randy Marsh all over Watson, I suppose. 

If anyone can tell me the "name" of this storm, I don't want to talk to them - ever.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

If anyone can tell me the "name" of this storm, I don't want to talk to them - ever.

I couldn’t tell you the “name” of the storm last year.   

perhaps it was “Moose Out Front’s Revenge”? 

Edited by Trey3216

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

HEB will miss your business:

Thanks for the heads up. You're right - that's the last time I go shopping for food at HEB corporate offices in San Antonio!

Now show me the tweet that shows where HEB management mandates that the employees know the name of the storm. My guess is not 2% of them do.

Then show me the tweet where NWS mentions the storm name.

Yeah, it's pretty universally understood that that was nothing but a hypodermatic ratings grab attempt by idiots at the weather channel.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So my mom’s flight from ATL to Austin still hasn’t been cancelled. Are the roads still fucked down there?  

Jim Spencer is still on set with Yeoman's on KXAN, and they've shared some TXDOT cams showing empty roads, Over here on east Riverside, I'm not seeing any cars on the streets.

10 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

So my mom’s flight from ATL to Austin still hasn’t been cancelled. Are the roads still fucked down there?  

Anything elevated (flyovers, upper decks, etc.) is probably iced, although they might be sanded by now. In my area (NE Austin) the neighborhood surface roads are still drivable but there are icy spots, Concrete sidewalks and driveways have ice & sleet.  Anything still wet is likely to freeze as it gets colder tonight.  It's really borderline and may even depend on the part of town (N. side, south, etc.). 

Yea, I’m really shocked the flight is still coming in. My kid lives in west campus, so he would have to cross the Colorado somewhere to get to the airport. He’s never driven in icy conditions, so if I can avoid it I will. She lands after 9, so shit will be frozen again. Right now the hope is cabs or Ubers are still running. If she lands and can’t get something from the airport I’ll start guiding him there. 

• Hook 'Em 1