2021-2022 Astros Offseason Thread

Planet Houston

Buster Olney is such a cunt. He just ranked the top 10 teams in MLB and didn’t have the Astros in there. 
sure Buster. The team that’s been to the ALCS 5 times in a row and WS 3 of 5, added JV and subtracted Correa (pardon me while I sob into my pillow) isn’t a top 10 team in MLB. Yeah right you dumb fucking cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Buster Olney is such a cunt. He just ranked the top 10 teams in MLB and didn’t have the Astros in there. 
sure Buster. The team that’s been to the ALCS 5 times in a row and WS 3 of 5, added JV and subtracted Correa (pardon me while I sob into my pillow) isn’t a top 10 team in MLB. Yeah right you dumb fucking cunt. 

Yes.  Yes.  Let the hate flow through you. 

12 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Luis Baez, an 18-year old from the Dominican Republic, is one of the international free agents that the Astros are excited to sign. Standing at 6-foot-1, the outfielder is a power hitter that can hit for above average and drive in runs. One of the key areas that the Astros will focus on will be his defense. It is also important to note that Baez was the 27th ranked prospect by Baseball America.

20 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Had to check and see, and of course one of the first comments is "Are there any American players out there?!?!?"

The comments on the FB post by the team is just chock full of similar idiocy. People bemoaning that we're becoming the "Santo Domingo Astros" or that Crane is being cheap for signing young caribbean players instead of major leaguers. Goddamn our fanbase embarrasses me sometimes. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Had to check and see, and of course one of the first comments is "Are there any American players out there?!?!?"

The comments on the FB post by the team is just chock full of similar idiocy. People bemoaning that we're becoming the "Santo Domingo Astros" or that Crane is being cheap for signing young caribbean players instead of major leaguers. Goddamn our fanbase embarrasses me sometimes. 

I think by “fanbase” you mean “human race”

• Hook 'Em 1

This bullshit that is going on right now is really fucking up my travel plans.  I had planned to go to the Dbacks series for my bday, and can get cheap ass flights on SWA right now for their sale....but that is only until 1/20.  I don't want to book shit without knowing for sure they are playing the games. 

6 hours ago, Scraps said:

This bullshit that is going on right now is really fucking up my travel plans.  I had planned to go to the Dbacks series for my bday, and can get cheap ass flights on SWA right now for their sale....but that is only until 1/20.  I don't want to book shit without knowing for sure they are playing the games. 

This here.

i really don’t to book a trip to the big apple in late June unless certain the Astros will be playing there then

flip side, worst case for Southwest, just book it and use a credit for another series later in the year 

• Like 1