When did Craigslist stop being good?

immamac

On 11/24/2021 at 4:37 PM, Deej said:

I figured it died when COVID hit and everyone was staying home so it was harder to steal shit to post on Craigslist. 

Son, you lack imagination and ambition. Sure, people are at home more, but that just means nobody's at the office.

Need a nice stand-up desk?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/28/2021 at 5:25 PM, Neonmoon said:

This. It’s like alerting the jawas. 

Got rid of an old stove, dryer, and water heater in less than an hour last week. This weekend, was able to get someone to come cut up and remove a large pipe A frame (2” pipe, sch 80, was no small task).  Their supposed to come back and take an ibeam and pipe “table”. All for free. So it does have some uses. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve generally had good luck on Craigslist buying and selling musical equipment. But it’s been a couple of years.

Seemed like it was always decent for that subsector. Is that still the case? Or did all the musical stuff go to Reverb? I have some stuff I want to sell but don’t really want to deal with shipping.

Does Facebook market do musical stuff?

Posted a job for trench job on Facebook and Craigslist. Nothing but scam / bots from CL. Got a couple interesting applications local from FB. Picked one for $400 said he was going to hand dig it. Got another message from someone new today - guy I'm paying $400 subbed it out for $150 to someone else on Facebook!  And he didn't pay him. I'm staying out of it

• Haha 4

I posted a guitar for sale on CL and FB Marketplace. I got a few low-ball offers on FB Marketplace, otherwise very few view and I even dropped the price a bit.

Some guy saw the ad of CL and paid the full asking price. To me CL is just mostly dead but not not all dead.

• Drool 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:09 PM, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Facebook Marketplace killed craigslist.  People now curate and post photos of their garage sales items on marketplace. Slorch can see what they have without going to it.

I peruse garage sales?

I quit using Craigslist when they made the whores leave.

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

I posted a guitar for sale on CL and FB Marketplace. I got a few low-ball offers on FB Marketplace, otherwise very few view and I even dropped the price a bit.

Some guy saw the ad of CL and paid the full asking price. To me CL is just mostly dead but not not all dead.

People are weird. Recently I experimented by letting people make an offer. Got offered $100 for a widget I would have happily sold for 20.