Why does Plonsky still have a job?

Fondren & Main

They need to get Plonsky the fuck out of the way for stuff like NIL but she's far from the AD now in women's sports. 

CDC is making the hires and surprise surprise that the women's sports are now doing a lot better without Plonsky running things. CDC has been hiring only male coaches and we know Plonsky wouldn't allow that. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

.But they also created some nutty rules like no male coaches, etc.  Inordinate amount of power, and she apparently wielded it pretty heavy handedly.  

I think it's fairly well-known that Plonsky hasn't been pleased with CDC hiring a bunch of male coaches. Maybe somebody more in the know (like CTJ could chime in) but I'm fairly certain CDC would tell Plonsky to fuck off if he could. 

As shitty as football is there's really nothing to gripe about right now in the women's sports but a big part of that is getting Plonsky out of the way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think it's fairly well-known that Plonsky hasn't been pleased with CDC hiring a bunch of male coaches. Maybe somebody more in the know (like CTJ could chime in) but I'm fairly certain CDC would tell Plonsky to fuck off if he could. 

As shitty as football is there's really nothing to gripe about right now in the women's sports but a big part of that is getting Plonsky out of the way. 

Maybe we should hire Goldie Hawn to coach the football team?

I'm not even kidding.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hornbri said:

This is where I am, i have heard for years people complain about her but no one every provides any concrete examples of what she has done wrong. Or how she hasn’t done her job. 

Twice Horn nailed it but just look at the results since CDC took over the women's athletic department. 

We were ok in the women's sports with Plonsky but now we're one of the top athletic departments in the country in the women's sports. Texas could very well finish ranked in every women's sport this year. 

No chance that Plonsky makes hires like Schaefer, White, or Floreal which is why things are now cooking in the women's sports. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I suppose I should add.  There are rumors of some pretty powerful WBB BMD that are "connected" through the lege, the regents, faculty, administration, whatever and that Plonsky has their backing.  And this makes it all the more difficult to just terminate her.  Plus, she's a sex discrimination lawsuit timebomb.

Any major program, like Texas, has skeletons in the closet so I don't doubt for a second that the "Texas can't fire Plonsky because she knows where the bodies are hidden" narrative has a lot of truth to it. 

And Plonsky is definitely a big enough bitch to let all that air out if Texas fires her. 

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Actually, I almost tagged you in here, because I thought you were fairly knowledgeable about goings on on the women's side.  @Js1 I'm pretty sure is and can elaborate on some of the things I said.

4 hours ago, Horn Dogg said:

She soaks up a good amount of university funds, loves to find ways to make people pay more for things like LHN, and doesn’t do anything to help the football team get better.  Totally fucking worthless, should have been gone several years ago.

Chris Plonsky, the school's women's athletic director, makes $472,165 a year, which is more than her male counterpart does at several schools, including Ole Miss.

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, I almost tagged you in here, because I thought you were fairly knowledgeable about goings on on the women's side.  @Js1 I'm pretty sure is and can elaborate on some of the things I said.

I’d have to catch up on this convo. She was instrumental in the LHN stuff but once that’s done when we join the SEC, we should let her go 

Any major program, like Texas, has skeletons in the closet so I don't doubt for a second that the "Texas can't fire Plonsky because she knows where the bodies are hidden" narrative has a lot of truth to it. 
And Plonsky is definitely a big enough bitch to let all that air out if Texas fires her. 

In that situation if you want her to leave you put an NDA tied to a very significant figure and make her go away.

That said we have spent a lot of money making coaches and other ADs go away so ain’t no money for that bullshit.

I want specifics. I always hear the hate for her, but nothing substantial of how she is killing the program. 
She seems to be tenacious since she is still hanging onto the job for almost 30 years .. Maybe that tenacity mixed with what looks like a very husky woman could start on the offensive line?
30 years, 1 NC and a bunch of shitty football. Nuff said.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Of course, and I'm not knocking them.  I think it's badass seeing all those Longhorns, male and female, in the Olympics.  

I'm just saying that anyone in our athletic department who's okay with the state of our football program for the last 12 years since we've had success in other sports is completely missing the bigger picture.  Football drives everything else and if we continue sliding into complete irrelevance it will impact the rest of the AD and to a smaller extent the university as a whole.

But she didn't even do that well.

Pre-Plonsky 1981-2000 23 women's national championships

Plonsky as women's AD 2001-2017 3 women's national championships (and 2 by Bev Kearney who got fired in a nasty situation)

Combined AD 2018-2021 2 women's national championships

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The current complaint is that she is running NIL in a legalistic fashion as if the NCAA was still running things and about to put us on probation if we don't mind our ps and qs.  The reality is that it's the wild fucking west and she's way overmanaging it.

If true, this is almost as infuriating as her running off Wally Pryor and hiring Bob Cole. 

45 minutes ago, ousux said:

Why? I'm sure it's already been said, but women's sports do quite well overall and she gets credit for that.

Of course some of that is tearing down men's sports to make it look even better, but yeah.

Its been said, but as I've pointed out, its not true.  Its only doing well again now that she is no longer in charge of it.

9 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

What was the deal a few years back about some expensive as shit throw pillows for a couch or something? Some lady in Wimberly?

"Some lady" = Randa Ryan's husband's antique store in Wimberley. $20k in pillows, desk lamps, a desk and a rug

Randa was/is a senior associate athletic director.   The thing is, she is actually extremely good at her job when she was overseeing basketball and baseball - perfect APRs.  There was a big uproar when Brian Davis was fired and Ryan took over football.  Davis' management led to being ranked 9th out of 10 Big 12 teams in APR. 

The Austin American-Statesman reports that a series of documents from 2007 to 2013 shows UT senior associate athletic director Randa Ryan purchased desk lamps, more than two dozen pillows, a desk, a rug and more from the Old Mill Store antique shop she owns with her husband in Wimberley.

The purchase orders obtained by the newspaper show no attempt to look for competitive pricing on any of the purchases, though the individual transactions all fell under the $5,000 limit that makes competitive pricing from three vendors mandatory. The university’s handbook on pricing prohibits UT employees from doing business with a business entity they have a personal interest in.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Why? I'm sure it's already been said, but women's sports do quite well overall and she gets credit for that.

Of course some of that is tearing down men's sports to make it look even better, but yeah.

She barely gets credit for shit! 

Chris Plonsky was promoted to Director of Women's Athletics in September 2002.   CDC took over all sports in Fall 2018.  

• Pre-2002: Texas won 20 women's titles (1986 WBB, 1986 cross country, 1986/1988/1990/1998/1999 indoor track/field, 1986/1998/1999 outdoor track/field, 1984/1985/1986/1987/1988/1990/1991 women's swimming, 1993/1995 women's tennis and 1988 women's volleyball) 
  • 2002-2018: Texas won 3 titles (2006 indoor track and field, 2005 outdoor track and field, 2012 volleyball)
  • Post-2018 when CDC took over: Texas has won 2 titles (2021 rowing, 2021 tennis)

Plonsky only hired the 2 coaches who won after CDC took over (O'Neill was hired in 2014 and Joffe was hired in 2016).  The 3 titles overseen on her watch were by coaches hired by Jody Conradt (Kearny 1993 and Elliot 2001). 

The vast majority of her hires were SHIT and the Texas record book is littered with failure - Gail Goestenkors, Karen Aston, Martha Richards, Patty Fendick-McCain, Danielle McNamara, Mario Sategna (promoted after Kearney was fired), Tonja Buford-Bailey, Angela Kelly.

She's hit on very few - Joffe, O'Neill, Ryan Murphy (internal hire from the men's team), Carol Capitani. 

CDC has been here a few years and poached Mike White from Oregon, Eldrick Floreal from Kentucky and Vic Schaefer from Mississippi State.   Elliot, the most successful women's team coach, credited CDC for raising the expectations of the programs. 

Edited by Js1

Yup, the improvement with CDC running things has been eye opening. 

I get people like to shit on CDC because of NIL (rightfully so) but he’s done great things for the women’s sports. Completely turned that side of the athletic department around. 

Not that a lot of people care as I get football is king. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

We could go 0-fer for a decade in women’s sports and I would give zero shits if we won a football national championship. 

That’s fair but these type arguments always weird to me. If we are going to spend money on the women’s sports I want to be good in them. 

I don’t view it as either/or. Be good at both. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

What skeletons?

Isn't there a nice trap we could set up for her? If she took the bait, a la Bev Kearney, we could fire her once and for all.  What's the watergirl Applewhite hit up doing these days?  I'm sure her carpet needs some munching or scissoring since her 15 minutes.  Take one for the team heaux!

• Haha 5

22 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

100% accurate!

This woman is a true believer skewing directly to the feminist side of the the political spectrum.  She abhors the "patriarchal nature" of college athletics and wouldn't think twice about going scorched earth on Texas if she were removed.

15 minutes ago, vox said:

100% accurate!

This woman is a true believer skewing directly to the feminist side of the the political spectrum.  She abhors the "patriarchal nature" of college athletics and wouldn't think twice about going scorched earth on Texas if she were removed.

Good, let her.

Kind of think Texas needs a full on reckoning for the bad behavior.  

Mention It All GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

On 11/7/2021 at 9:42 AM, nineliveslost said:

I want specifics. I always hear the hate for her, but nothing substantial of how she is killing the program. 

She seems to be tenacious since she is still hanging onto the job for almost 30 years .. Maybe that tenacity mixed with what looks like a very husky woman could start on the offensive line?

Okay, I've heard this story from multiple sources I trust. It's been a while, so I might miss some of the specifics.

This was during Charile's tenure, he wins a big game(I think it was OU bout could have been the ND game) and he wants to generate more recruiting buzz and needs to act quickly. They come up with flyer or pamphlet they want to produce and send out to recruits. Apparently even ass face Patterson was onboard, then Plonsky wants to have her say. She has it redesigned to give equal emphasis to all of the goings on with women's sports. According to what I heard, it was pretty much impossible for a recruit to get the originally intended message. In the end Charlie just said "never mind" and the opportunity to capitalize was lost. 

I've heard other things over the years, but I haven't really worried as much since CDC was made AD of all sports. I think she will stay and muddy the waters as much as she can, but I don't think she can do much at this point.

15 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Okay, I've heard this story from multiple sources I trust. It's been a while, so I might miss some of the specifics.

This was during Charile's tenure, he wins a big game(I think it was OU bout could have been the ND game) and he wants to generate more recruiting buzz and needs to act quickly. They come up with flyer or pamphlet they want to produce and send out to recruits. Apparently even ass face Patterson was onboard, then Plonsky wants to have her say. She has it redesigned to give equal emphasis to all of the goings on with women's sports. According to what I heard, it was pretty much impossible for a recruit to get the originally intended message. In the end Charlie just said "never mind" and the opportunity to capitalize was lost. 

I've heard other things over the years, but I haven't really worried as much since CDC was made AD of all sports. I think she will stay and muddy the waters as much as she can, but I don't think she can do much at this point.

I heard a similar story, and that around the same time, she blocked efforts to beef up the program's social media presence specifically tailored to football recruiting.

There were also reports that she resisted calls to improve mobile connectivity in the stadium with some bullshit about "the product on the field being all the fans should care about."  

• 1 year later...

here is how you know she is a gunt, she sucks at her fucking job, and she does not give a fuck about anything other than collecting a check for herself

1. as mentioned previously her results with hiring coaches on the field and on the court suck ass

2. with all the bullshit about "women on leadership in sports" and all the fuck headed university administrators out there that would love to have some female AD when have you heard her name be mentioned prominently much less even a whisper for some program hiring her to be their AD...NEVER

now sure one could say "well look at all the money she makes not at Texas" (of course a glaring example of Texas shitting away money), but one would think if this fucking bitch had any  pride at all after making $400,000+ for years and years she might put a little of that aside and "the money" aside and go out there and take real charge of some program

I mean Wren "Weather Man Frankie" Baker was making $575,000 at north Texas state so she would get a raise to be in charge there......you think they even fucking considered her when they fired Villareal or that she tried to get that job.....fuck no because she sucks ass and does not give a shit and collects checks for a living....they did not even sniff her granny panties when Wren left just a few weeks back

Lisa Campos at UTSA makes $475,000 a year with a raise of $25,000 a year......lazy ass plodsky would not have had to even switch systems to take that job or take less money.....no one even considered that bitch.....plodsky was "womens AD" for Texas when Campos was still an associate AD at UTEP 20 years ago.....now Campos is the REAL AD at UTSA and was THE AD at NAU prior to UTSA, she has new facilities being built, she has them moving to the AAC, she has locked up Traylor and has apparently made things comfortable enough for him there that he is legitimately telling other programs to F off don't need your bullshit might leave one day, but it will not be for your crap

3. plodsky just took a DEMOTION with the hiring of Del and she still has such little pride that she is not out there even looking for a job where she can actually be the AD.....she is content to do like a lot of the fucking useless dead wood at Bellmont does and collect large checks to produce shit results and big spending with nothing to show for it

she goes around to all these "leadership conferences" and other bullshit acting like she is some big swinging strap on, but the reality is she is scared to take the actual big swinging dick roll at a university (much less a major one) or more likely she is incapable of landing one of those jobs because people know she sucks.....just 28 years at Texas and since 2001 the "womens AD", but of course no heat ever comes to her for that shitty performance that has been outlined above it all fell on DeLoss and then of course Patterson was just a fucking idiot and Perrin had other shit to square away besides her dumb ass 

now she is content to just ride the pine into the sunset collecting those checks and being assigned "can't hardly fuck this up and if you do Del or someone else will correct it" jobs.....and she just accepts that....shit at least you think jimbo might give a shit and he has $90 million guaranteed....but not chris

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1