2021-22 MLB Offseason Thread

Beau Vine

Lady on MLB network just said the Ranger's have an advantage because they have low property taxes....Hope she was thinking property values or income tax....
Was it Alanna's dumbass? She probably doesn't know cause if it doesn't have to do with the Dodgers she doesn't care

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:
40 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:
Lady on MLB network just said the Ranger's have an advantage because they have low property taxes....Hope she was thinking property values or income tax....

Was it Alanna's dumbass? She probably doesn't know cause if it doesn't have to do with the Dodgers she doesn't care

I didn't catch it. Just had it on in the back ground at work and did a double take

4 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

here we go:

Semien makes sense if you think he's worth 30 million a year the next 3 years maybe and you just decide to extend it out and lower the AAV b/c that helps your competitive window and flags fly forever and who cares what 6 years from now looks like.  That makes sense when the rangers checks notes, checks notes, checks notes suck shit through a straw and have for years?  WTF dudes- your competitive window isn't now- there is no reason for that team to hamstring themselves down the road.

Calhoun is eh.  That's a reasonable price and it's a 1 year deal. Good for them, I guess?

Jon Gray could be good pitching at sea level.  $55,000,000 total value- probably not terrible- how many years?

BTW- the Rangers aren't going to be a contender for anything other than 3rd place in the ALWest in 2022, but good job, good effort I guess?

36 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Tigers are now Derka’s favorite team

lol, before i even read your comment i said, "alright, i can get on board with the Tigers." good for him, i'm sure he'll get stupid money like everyone else who's had one good season (or half season) recently. and it's not the cards, white sox, or yankees. i can dig it.

18 hours ago, Scraps said:

This will make me rage more than the dumbass beer league softball rules they had

Good heavens:

Under the proposed format, the top seed in each league would receive a bye — as is the case with the NFL’s current structure. However, Rogers adds that MLB’s proposal would allow the other two division winners in each league to choose which Wild Card team they’d prefer to face in the first round, which would take the form of a three-game series. The division winner with the second-best record in each league would have its pick of any of the four Wild Card clubs in its league; the final division winner would pick to face one of the other three Wild Card teams; the two Wild Card teams remaining would face one another.

so 2021 AL,

1) Rays get a bye

2) astros select to play the 7) mariners

3) White Sox select to play one of 4) Red Sox, 5) Yankees, 6) Blue Jays. 
two teams not picked, play each other. 
all in a 3 game series.

yeah, teams are gonna love being forced to answer “who would you rather play?”and love the randomness of a 3 game series. 

1 hour ago, UTexasFight said:

Good heavens:

Under the proposed format, the top seed in each league would receive a bye — as is the case with the NFL’s current structure. However, Rogers adds that MLB’s proposal would allow the other two division winners in each league to choose which Wild Card team they’d prefer to face in the first round, which would take the form of a three-game series. The division winner with the second-best record in each league would have its pick of any of the four Wild Card clubs in its league; the final division winner would pick to face one of the other three Wild Card teams; the two Wild Card teams remaining would face one another.

so 2021 AL,

1) Rays get a bye

2) astros select to play the 7) mariners

3) White Sox select to play one of 4) Red Sox, 5) Yankees, 6) Blue Jays. 
two teams not picked, play each other. 
all in a 3 game series.

yeah, teams are gonna love being forced to answer “who would you rather play?”and love the randomness of a 3 game series. 

Office Space Idea GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

I don't think Davis realizes that the "not x but y!" figure of speech assumes that the x is also surprising but the truth is even more surprising. And also that it requires that removing the y from the sentence wouldn't make it nonsensical.

"Did you know that MLB used one different ball all season?"

• Hook 'Em 1