Happy Birthday (246th) Jarheads!

WillUSAF

Wasn't Drambouie the name of the island that Lt. Ted Striker was stationed on, near the Barbary Coast?  

I love that he said he was in the Air Force but clearly wore a Naval officer uniform.  I remember asking my Navy dad when I was little (like 8 or 9) about the War over Macho Grande?  He looked at me like I was insane and I looked at him like "what the hell you letting me watch this adult comedy for?" and we both had this kinda de tante moment.  And from then on, he would take me to see woefully inappropriate rated-R films for the rest of my childhood.  

• Hook 'Em 1

My dad has never said this to me, but my mom told me he hates that.  Maybe he thinks there's some tongue-in-cheek resentment I have over growing up as a dependent (it ain't an easy life, but I mostly loved it), or maybe he thinks that once he took off the uniform he left the rank behind. 

Honestly, "Dad" is higher rank. I understand you calling him Colonel though.

A friend of mine is a retired Army Sergeant Major. I never served with him, as we didn't meet until after he retired. I call him Sergeant Major sometimes and he usually chuckles a bit.
  • Hook 'Em 1