Roadhouse remake. Yep, guess we gotta do this.

Parliament

13 hours ago, Nivek said:

Swayze films are more watchable and rewatchable than Gyllenhaal’s.

Point Break. That trucker movie. Ghost. Next of kin. Roadhouse. Red Dawn (not the shitty one). He had a brief music career and he is from Oak Forest, in Houston Motherfucking Texas. So shut your whore mouth.

No one is lining up to remake gyllenhaal movies. Yeah he was a good gay cowboy, grunt, and fake superhero. He seems like a nice guy. Nobody cares.

This is magnificent 

19 hours ago, irishtexan said:

https://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/bill-murray-likes-to-call-kelly-lynchs-husband-every-time-he-sees-patrick-swayze-having-sex-with-her-in-road-house/

Bill Murray Likes to Call Kelly Lynch’s Husband Every Time He Sees Patrick Swayze Having Sex With Her in Road House

The next time you instantly erase 114 minutes of your life by getting sucked, once again, into the vortex that is a cable viewing of Road House, rest assured that Bill Murray and his idiot brothers are out there somewhere, watching with you. At least that’s the story from Road House co-star Kelly Lynch, who, in a frankly awesome interview with The A.V. Club, says that Murray calls her husband, Mitch Glazer (co-writer of Murray’s 1988 Christmas Carol redux Scrooged), whenever the movie is on TV during one scene in particular:

Every time Road House is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV — and they’re always watching TV — one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler], “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” [Away from the receiver.] What? Oh, my God. Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia.

To clarify, Bill Murray’s idiot brothers include fellow Saturday Night Live alumnus Brian Doyle Murray and Mad Men star Joel Murray. Apparently, their sex-scene heckling is so reliable that Lynch has come to expect it every time — and she means every single time — Road House is on TV, which is a whole hell of a lot of times. “I dread it,” she says. “If I know it’s coming on — and I can tell when it’s coming on, because it blows up on Twitter when it is — I’m just like, ‘Oh, my God …’ And God help me when AMC’s doing their Road House marathon, because I know the phone is just going to keep ringing. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 3 in morning. ‘Hi, Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now …’”

Somehow, this only elevates our enjoyment of both Bill Murray and Road House.

Phone call made last night, RH was on Ovation channel. 

22 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Are they going to show this abomination in a double feature with a remake of Big Trouble in Little China?

Yep, at a little film festival Big Studio likes to call “Watch us Fuck Up even more of your only happy childhood memories.”

22 hours ago, irishtexan said:

https://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/bill-murray-likes-to-call-kelly-lynchs-husband-every-time-he-sees-patrick-swayze-having-sex-with-her-in-road-house/

Bill Murray Likes to Call Kelly Lynch’s Husband Every Time He Sees Patrick Swayze Having Sex With Her in Road House

The next time you instantly erase 114 minutes of your life by getting sucked, once again, into the vortex that is a cable viewing of Road House, rest assured that Bill Murray and his idiot brothers are out there somewhere, watching with you. At least that’s the story from Road House co-star Kelly Lynch, who, in a frankly awesome interview with The A.V. Club, says that Murray calls her husband, Mitch Glazer (co-writer of Murray’s 1988 Christmas Carol redux Scrooged), whenever the movie is on TV during one scene in particular:

Every time Road House is on and he or one of his idiot brothers are watching TV — and they’re always watching TV — one of them calls my husband and says [In a reasonable approximation of Carl Spackler], “Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now. They’re doing it. He’s throwing her against the rocks.” [Away from the receiver.] What? Oh, my God. Mitch was just walking out the door to the set, and he said that Bill once called him from Russia.

To clarify, Bill Murray’s idiot brothers include fellow Saturday Night Live alumnus Brian Doyle Murray and Mad Men star Joel Murray. Apparently, their sex-scene heckling is so reliable that Lynch has come to expect it every time — and she means every single time — Road House is on TV, which is a whole hell of a lot of times. “I dread it,” she says. “If I know it’s coming on — and I can tell when it’s coming on, because it blows up on Twitter when it is — I’m just like, ‘Oh, my God …’ And God help me when AMC’s doing their Road House marathon, because I know the phone is just going to keep ringing. It doesn’t matter if it’s 2 or 3 in morning. ‘Hi, Kelly’s having sex with Patrick Swayze right now …’”

Somehow, this only elevates our enjoyment of both Bill Murray and Road House.

I came just to post this. More affirmation that Bill Murray is legit one of the coolest people to walk the planet Earth. 

As to the remake, I’m with Ice Cube. 

Years ago I was at my in-laws’ joint in Charlotte for Christmas.  A few young kids were milling about doing their thing.  The TV was on and with Roadhouse playing.   Nobody was particularly paying attention to it.  

My FIL and I went outside to do some BS and didn’t shut off the TV.   About 20 minutes later my MIL came out and said “Bill, there’s a naked woman on the TV with Patrick Swayze!  Please remember there’s kids in the house.  Naked women with Patrick Swayze is not appropriate.”

/csb 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:53 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Sometimes things or best left alone, f*** this s***.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:09 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

My ears are burning.

Profile pics check out…. User names check out. 

Edited by Bogeywon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Mittens said:
jack-nicholson-fuck-off.png

Scared to look up casting info in fear Deej is right. Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, or Ezra Miller as Wade Garret.....mother fuckers

image.jpeg

Scared to look up casting info in fear Deej is right. Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, or Ezra Miller as Wade Garret.....mother fuckers

Edited by CptnJiggleBits
  • Hook 'Em 1

he plays an ex ufc fighter brought in to fix up the bar.  conor mcgregor is in the credits.

the only other names i noticed were lukas gage and billy magnussen, who would make a good rich dude bad guy.

doug liman knows what he's doing, so maybe it'll be decent.  i'll wait until someone here tells me about it.

comes out in march.