Texas @ Gonzaga, 9:30 CT on ESPN2

shadow_operative

Kenpom has it as 80-70 Zags. Timme and Holmgren are the best front court duo in America. team defense and rebounding will be crucial to our chances to win. that and three point shooting will determine whether or not we have a chance to beat the #1 team in the country.

8EE03352-DC44-4667-97D1-4141890D8B21.thumb.jpeg.24e70d2ef982bd0dd253a0baa5b7446d.jpeg

CA5517D9-F2B8-4762-B003-A8110877D1C3.thumb.jpeg.772f4eb611f001b103d511af7b597881.jpeg

E47E85B3-C9A9-4692-A8A7-BB172ECB8BE4.thumb.jpeg.c4584956cef7429c74fda8e1f2b700f0.jpeg

8837C513-C94E-478C-8BF4-294D861C0627.thumb.jpeg.41c4d420ef84cea310f21b3d6d64acdf.jpeg

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not predicting much but Texas has a fuck ton more than an 18% chance at winning. 

eh, i'm not so sure. if this were even our tenth game then i would agree with you.  it this is only game number two, and 85% of this team/staff are still working together for the first time, and Gonzaga is a whole nother animal. if we do keep it within 10 points i'll be pleasantly surprised. that said, let these teams play in March or April? then yeah, we've got a real chance to win. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

if Gonzaga controls the glass we have no shot. we really need to shoot well from all over and then limit the Zags to one shot per possession. i'm obviously down on our prospects of winning, but i'm so pumped to get to play a true road game against the team that i consider to be the best in the country. a loss doesn't hurt us, and yet a win could be huge for our confidence and reputation. shit i'm so pumped for this game! 

I am confident that Beard will run a fast pace on offense and heavily pressure the ball and passing lanes on defense … if we can get the Gonzaga bigs a little off balance and get them on the bench with fouls, fatigue, and or frustration, I like our odds.

I think Bishop has the fire and skill to really frustrate one big… but I worry about Mitchell on defense having to cope with the likes of Timme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

eh, i'm not so sure. if this were even our tenth game then i would agree with you.  it this is only game number two, and 85% of this team/staff are still working together for the first time, and Gonzaga is a whole nother animal. if we do keep it within 10 points i'll be pleasantly surprised. that said, let these teams play in March or April? then yeah, we've got a real chance to win. 

Maybe we win by 18%

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VinyVango said:

I am confident that Beard will run a fast pace on offense and heavily pressure the ball and passing lanes on defense … if we can get the Gonzaga bigs a little off balance and get them on the bench with fouls, fatigue, and or frustration, I like our odds.

I think Bishop has the fire and skill to really frustrate one big… but I worry about Mitchell on defense having to cope with the likes of Timme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Beard’s offense is uptempo, it’ll be a change.  

I'm sitting here thinking wait, how in the everliving fuck is the Longhorns basketball team is ranked in the national top 10.

Then I remembered UT got Tech's proven good coach, he doesn't have a hip slick and cool marketing dream name like Smart or Strong, so if he can avoid the "We're Texas" curse then they might not suck.

Good luck tonight. Hook em, even.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I'm sitting here thinking wait, how in the everliving fuck is the Longhorns basketball team is ranked in the national top 10.

Then I remembered UT got Tech's proven good coach, he doesn't have a hip slick and cool marketing dream name like Smart or Strong, so if he can avoid the "We're Texas" curse then they might not suck.

Good luck tonight. Hook em, even.

We’ve been ranked in the top 10 before. Pretty much a perennial top-20 program over the last 20 years.  Not sure why people forget that.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

we play tough D and shoot like we did in game 1 we'll be fine. Everyone is selling us short without Disu. This team is very talented even without him.

rebounding was an issue game one and Gonzaga has a monster front court. they're also straight up better than we are, have more experience together, and are playing at home. pretty much everything points to a Gonzaga victory.

Just now, shadow_operative said:

rebounding was an issue game one and Gonzaga has a monster front court. they're also straight up better than we are, have more experience together, and are playing at home. pretty much everything points to a Gonzaga victory.

yeah, made that observation after game 1 that our Achilles heel would be rebounding.  I trust Beard worked on that, but still, we're short and not very stout.

Texas Tech 2018-2019

10 game winning streak to start the year

Lost to Duke 69-58

Lost three conference games in a row

Lost at Kansas by 16

9 game winning streak to end the regular season

Lost in the first round of the Big 12 Tournament to West Virginia

Lost in OT in the national championship

Tech averaged 33.2 rebounds and gave up 33.3 per game in conference play

31-7 for the year

Tech averaged 72 points per game. (163rd nationally) - Opponents 60 (3rd nationally)

Edited by Iguana

Holmgren gonna fuck us up, to weigh 100 pounds that dude is the real deal. Tell me I'm wrong because I really want to be wrong.
Agreed. Triple Double with blocks wouldn't surprise me lol.

Hopefully we keep it close and still have a shot to win in the last two minutes