IYO how long does Sark last  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Numero anos

• He’s gone after KSU
    • End of 2022
    • End of 2023 (3 years like Charlie)
    • End of 2024
    • Finishes contract
    • As long as he wants. He’s turning this around!!

6 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Nah fuck that. That bitch lied about too much stuff, never took responsibility and straight up blamed players for losses at press conferences. 

just cause I’m pissed about Sark doesn’t mean I want Herman back. I still wanted his ass gone.

I'm pretty sure the time was right for both Strong and Herman.  People keep entertaining this fantasy that this team would be better under Herman and that's foolish.

• Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

This board needs more Poles

We should have one for how long before this thread gets nuked, just like the "is Sark a fraud" thread from earlier this season, or yesterday's "fire Sark" thread. I guess we're trying  to stay on Belmont's good side or we hired longhorngirlie as a mod.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm pretty sure the time was right for both Strong and Herman.  People keep entertaining this fantasy that this team would be better under Herman and that's foolish.

Sorry. Gonna have to disagree. Herman sucked for lots of reasons, but he would not have lost 7 straight games. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Pretty damning indictment of the fuckery.

This program is so broken. The program can’t even function without the fucking stupid ass money whippers acting like they know everything and continuing to fuck it. We’d be better off with less money and influence. Not sure how to stop that tho. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Theres no way the team would have been worse. Let’s put it that way.

Not saying we should have kept Herman but he’s way better than Sark

• Hook 'Em 1

Realistically he’ll probably make it to next year but he could very well get the Willie Taggart treatment and get fired next year midseason if we have another disastrous season. However, I don’t see how he can turn things around after this. I don’t care if it’s unprecedented but he should be fired after KSU because this loss and this losing streak are completely unacceptable. Keeping him beyond this season is delaying the inevitable and setting us further behind the 8-ball.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, GTX Horn said:

Realistically he’ll probably make it to next year but he could very well get the Willie Taggart treatment and get fired next year midseason if we have another disastrous season. However, I don’t see how he can turn things around after this. I don’t care if it’s unprecedented but he should be fired after KSU because this loss and this losing streak are completely unacceptable. Keeping him beyond this season is delaying the inevitable and setting us further behind the 8-ball.

Remember how it felt when Notre Dame destroyed us in the first game of Charlie’s second season? That’s where we are. And we all know it. This was a disastrous hire. We can not afford to just ride it out. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Remember how it felt when Notre Dame destroyed us in the first game of Charlie’s second season? That’s where we are. And we all know it. This was a disastrous hire. We can not afford to just ride it out. 

I am back to being skeptical of Sark, but if we fire him after one year I think it will be worse. 

We are in a spiral and unfortunately its around the drain 

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m never for a one year fire but Holy fuck I don’t know how anyone can say with a straight face this is all “just the players”. Charlie strong never had a 5 fucking game losing streak. I don’t think keeping sark is going be better than just firing him now. At this point it doesn’t matter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, nineliveslost said:

I am back to being skeptical of Sark, but if we fire him after one year I think it will be worse. 

We are in a spiral and unfortunately its around the drain 

Man I don’t think it would be worse. If sark loses out which is gonna happen, you think shit canning a guy in year one when the entire country knows he blows is worse than leaving him on for another year if this? That would be worse to roll the dice on sark and get another embarrassing year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

To me, we have to let it fall apart. This idea that we are going to be back to elite in one year is the problem. Kids come with giant expectations, season stumbles, they pack it in. I think Florida is in the same trap. I don’t know if Sark is the right guy to let is burn and then rebuild, but it’s got to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sorry. Gonna have to disagree. Herman sucked for lots of reasons, but he would not have lost 7 straight games. 

Well, he wrought this roster, his team was apparently in pretty open revolt by the end of last season.  And we just barely beat the teams we lost to this year last year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

I mean he didn’t call me and tell me. He wanted urban. Other candidates was Kelly, kubiak and fickell who I would have chosen. Campbell at Iowa st would have been better than this.

Not sure he actually wanted Urban just the money guys and Eltife/Hartzell. He wanted Franklin but his awful start to last season stopped that. 

1 minute ago, LOHorn said:

To me, we have to let it fall apart. This idea that we are going to be back to elite in one year is the problem. Kids come with giant expectations, season stumbles, they pack it in. I think Florida is in the same trap. I don’t know if Sark is the right guy to let is burn and then rebuild, but it’s got to happen.

This is where I'm at too. Whether he's the guy or not, we're at the bottom. We've got to support him getting some better players in, however that is. Forget the athletes, we need smarter, hungrier, talented players. We have to realize where we are now. We're years off from competing at the top end. We've got to focus on a complete rebuild.

The question is, what is the opportunity cost of not spending the 30M it would require to fire him and his staff right now?  Our 6 or 7 home game a year generate what, 60M?  Say a third of that goes away.  That’s 60M over 3 years.  Plus loss of donations and the damage to the roster from having a coach nobody thinks will be around.  That part is incalculable but the lost donations have to be worth tens of millions over 3 years.  So you a looking at it costing well over twice the buyout to delay this shit for three years.  So I would hope these fuckers immediately start trying to identify a proven P5 coach - one who has 1) consistently won, 2) has fixed culture before, and 2) wants to come here.  Once you do that, you pull the cord.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, he wrought this roster, his team was apparently in pretty open revolt by the end of last season.  And we just barely beat the teams we lost to this year last year.

This here. We used a senior QB to will us to two OT wins that we could have easily lost and given us a 5-5 team last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

The question is, what is the opportunity cost of not spending the 30M it would require to fire him and his staff right now?  Our 6 or 7 home game a year generate what, 60M?  Say a third of that goes away.  That’s 60M over 3 years.  Plus loss of donations and the damage to the roster from having a coach nobody thinks will be around.  That part is incalculable but the lost donations have to be worth tens of millions over 3 years.  So you a looking at it costing well over twice the buyout to delay this shit for three years.  So I would hope these fuckers immediately start trying to identify a proven P5 coach - one who has 1) consistently won, 2) has fixed culture before, and 2) wants to come here.  Once you do that, you pull the cord.  

Who would that be? Urban Meyer is out.

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This team would be better under Herman. I was skeptical of that take, aside from perhaps the Arkansas game, until the past two weeks. Herman is a better coach than Sark; said it when the hire was made and the only thing you can retort with in Sark's defense is Xavier Worthy. They still wouldn't be good and it was still untenable for him to stay, but none of those things are mutually exclusive.

RE: OP - if he is still employed, the answer is too long already.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 3