IYO how long does Sark last  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Numero anos

• He’s gone after KSU
    • End of 2022
    • End of 2023 (3 years like Charlie)
    • End of 2024
    • Finishes contract
    • As long as he wants. He’s turning this around!!

7 hours ago, RC Horn said:

I  heard Sark's post game interview and he was very upset about the team's performance. For what I have heard from him, he has not told us "learn to live with it" or "you can't expect to beat RIce every time".  Yes, a certain UT coach did say that  and many of you let that same coach mess with your mind for six years. Coach Sark gets a least 3-4 years from me(barring serious off field incidents). I have never recruited against any UT football and I hope that most posters will follow suit.

Put “sounded upset after losing his 5th straight game” in the Plus column.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Why are Texas fans so overwhelmingly enamored with players? The constant around here is "gotta have more talent" yet the teams Texas consistently loses to are teams with less talent. Chasing stars is what has lead this program down the shitter in my opinion. These highly rated players are very commonly "me first" guys with rare exceptions such as a Tebow, RoJo, VY, etc. The way to keep this type of attitude in check is to have a winning culture (i.e. Alabama) the culture Saban has in place weeds these type of guys out very quickly. 

Trying to rebuild a winning culture around me first guys is a recipe for disaster as we have seen the last 11 years now. Texas needs to get its soul back. It's time to start getting guys that have potential, love this University, and don't shy away from hard work. Go find the RoJo's, Studdard's, McMichael's and surpass the Stearns, Moore's, Lampkin's. 

And for y'all that think hoarding talent is the only way, the fucking Naval Academy has more wins (85) running the goddamn triple option wishbone than Texas does since 2010. 

So if I'm reading into this correctly, bring back the wishbone and triple option! It's a fun offense to run and a bitch to defend. 

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

We are so fucked. Let's say he fires PK who is he going to hire any good to come here under an obvious lame duck staff? Plus, he already tried to hire Mike Stoops. We trust him to be competent to fix this. Nice hopeless feeling I have. 

Yeah I really don’t see a way out of this mess.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

10 hours ago, RC Horn said:

I  heard Sark's post game interview and he was very upset about the team's performance. For what I have heard from him, he has not told us "learn to live with it" or "you can't expect to beat RIce every time".  Yes, a certain UT coach did say that  and many of you let that same coach mess with your mind for six years. Coach Sark gets a least 3-4 years from me(barring serious off field incidents). I have never recruited against any UT football and I hope that most posters will follow suit.

He was upset? I didn’t get paid to watch that shit. 

6 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Imagine having a job that pays you millions of dollars regardless of how good or shitty you are at it, and the majority of people thinking you should get at least 3 years to show you can do a decent job at it.

I cannot believe Baylor and MSU were so fucking dumb and didn't fire Aranda and Tucker after last year!  I mean, 2-7 and 2-5 in year 1.  Fucking pathetic! 

Edited by Js1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I cannot believe Baylor and MSU were so fucking dumb and didn't fire Aranda and Tucker after last year!  I mean, 2-7 and 2-5 in year 1.  Fucking pathetic! 

Oh, I know...I voted for 3 years. It's just mind-bottling if you step back and think about it in the context of the real world outside of college football coaching. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

There’s a difference in being a transitional mess and what we’ve been seeing. But you know that. 

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

There’s a difference in being a transitional mess and what we’ve been seeing. But you know that. 

We are also a transitional mess.

We lost a bunch of players to the NFL.  Our 2019 class is basically half gone.  We are playing shitty walk-ons in key positions.  Our roster was mismanaged as fuck and it shows.

We were also near the bottom in returning starts as a team.  People overlooked that part.  We are young, inexperienced and full of players who don't know how to win.    

Baylor's coach left to go to the NFL.  Michigan State's coach retired.

We fired our 3rd consecutive coach. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We are also a transitional mess.  We lost a bunch of players to the NFL.  Our 2019 class is basically half gone.  We are playing shitty walk-ons in key positions.  Our roster was mismanaged as fuck and it shows.   We were also near the bottom in returning starts as a team.  People overlooked that part.  We are young, inexperienced and full of players who don't know how to win.    

Baylor's coach left to go to the NFL.  Michigan State's coach retired.

We fired our 3rd consecutive coach. 

Great post --Thanks Js1. 

I totally agree that this current roster makeup is a transitional mess.  The current staff has also had a bad start in this first year, and needs to get its shit together.

It's been revealed this season that this Texas team roster is now in need of a total rebuild.  SARK and his staff have to bring in tougher guys that really want to be at Texas for 3-4yrs and work. 

This feels like what Matt Rhule faced at Baylor in his first couple of years there.  One big advantage that SARK has that Rhule didn't is the new rule that allows transfers to immediately play...  

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

So if I'm reading into this correctly, bring back the wishbone and triple option! It's a fun offense to run and a bitch to defend. 

No... But if your stance is really "Texas can only win if we have a heavy talent advantage over all of our opponents" then this program truly is dog shit wrapped in cat shit and absolutely wastes its money on paying coaches millions that really are just figure heads and not coaches. 

The absolute sad part is this program wouldn't even recruit a Freddie Steinmark type of player. Texas has lost its soul and identity and will continue to wander the desert until the program decides to come together and take pride in being Longhorns. Right now there is a roster with a lot of guys that seem like they don't even want to be out there playing football, let alone happy being Longhorns. 

The 2021 Longhorns have enough talent to be 7-3 right now. You don't go up by double digits on ranked teams 3 weeks in a row and say "there's not enough talent". 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, RoyalBevo21 said:

No... But if your stance is really "Texas can only win if we have a heavy talent advantage over all of our opponents" then this program truly is dog shit wrapped in cat shit and absolutely wastes its money on paying coaches millions that really are just figure heads and not coaches. 

The absolute sad part is this program wouldn't even recruit a Freddie Steinmark type of player. Texas has lost its soul and identity and will continue to wander the desert until the program decides to come together and take pride in being Longhorns. Right now there is a roster with a lot of guys that seem like they don't even want to be out there playing football, let alone happy being Longhorns. 

The 2021 Longhorns have enough talent to be 7-3 right now. You don't go up by double digits on ranked teams 3 weeks in a row and say "there's not enough talent". 

We don't need talent advantage. We just need to cheat. Nothing left to lose at this point... 

4 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Sounds like you'd be better off as a fan of the University on the other side of the Red River. They excel in that arena. 

It's a joke, but don't think folks haven't contemplated it and played with the idea. I would rather do whatever it takes to win than continue to be the mockery of P5 football...

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Great post --Thanks Js1. 

I totally agree that this current roster makeup is a transitional mess.  The current staff has also had a bad start in this first year, and needs to get its shit together.

It's been revealed this season that this Texas team roster is now in need of a total rebuild.  SARK and his staff have to bring in tougher guys that really want to be at Texas for 3-4yrs and work. 

This feels like what Matt Rhule faced at Baylor in his first couple of years there.  One big advantage that SARK has that Rhule didn't is the new rule that allows transfers to immediately play...  

What? You can't be serious. 

Rhule walked into the aftermath of one of the biggest scandals in college football, in the shit hole town of Waco, with a roster that was all allowed out of their commitments/scholarships because of the rapes, at fucking Baylor, which had been the perennial doormat of the Big 12 before Briles got there and started cheating his ass off.

Sark came into Texas, the richest program in football, a blueblood with consistent top 10 recruiting talent, who had just gotten rid of their 2nd failed coach to follow a legend who won a National Championship. If you think the two situations, outside of they were both new coaches in Texas, are even remotely comparable, you need to find a new drug dealer.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Imagine having a job that pays you millions of dollars regardless of how good or shitty you are at it, and the majority of people thinking you should get at least 3 years to show you can do a decent job at it.

Especially when there is already significant body of evidence showing otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

What? You can't be serious. 

Rhule walked into the aftermath of one of the biggest scandals in college football, in the shit hole town of Waco, with a roster that was all allowed out of their commitments/scholarships because of the rapes, at fucking Baylor, which had been the perennial doormat of the Big 12 before Briles got there and started cheating his ass off.

Sark came into Texas, the richest program in football, a blueblood with consistent top 10 recruiting talent, who had just gotten rid of their 2nd failed coach to follow a legend who won a National Championship. If you think the two situations, outside of they were both new coaches in Texas, are even remotely comparable, you need to find a new drug dealer.

Yeah I would not compare Rhule and Sark.  Two different scenarios. 

But this roster still motherfucking sucks outside of Bijan and Worthy.  It is ass, my dude.  The coaching isn't helping at all, but god damn, there's so little to work with.  Inexperience, youth, lack of depth, lack of motivation and so many players who just up and left in our last few classes.

If you re-ranked some of these classes (2018/2019) to account for who has left, they are awful classes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

But this roster still motherfucking sucks outside of Bijan and Worthy.  It is ass, my dude.

You know who disagrees with you? Sark, back in January:

I think we've got a very talented, good, young roster. We had some close losses a year ago, so there's talent here.

There’s a lot of speed on this roster. This is a young roster, but it's got a lot of speed and it's got a lot of athleticism. As we start to really dig into the roster and the roster management, we’ve got to make sure that we have appropriate scholarships in place at the specific positions that are needed for our schemes. But just looking at it from afar initially, watching a few games on TV and talking to some of the kids now on the team here for the last week or so, we've got a talented team. We've got an athletic team. We've got speed on this team. We’ve just got to make sure we've got the right pieces in place at the positions we need to make sure that we can go where we want to go.

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

I'm trying to get there... I may not be shitty enough.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

You know who disagrees with you? Sark, back in January:

This could have been a team full of 8th graders and he would have said the same thing.  You don't really expect a coach to walk in and say, "Our dudes suck and we're going to lose..."

Hell, even I say "we are going to win," before I go on to talk about how we have no players.

Just now, Snacks said:

This could have been a team full of 8th graders and he would have said the same thing.  You don't really expect a coach to walk in and say, "Our dudes suck and we're going to lose..."

Hell, even I say "we are going to win," before I go on to talk about how we have no players.

I do wish a coach would come in, look at his roster and be like "holy fuck, this roster sucks.  it's not going to be a good year, please don't have high expectations for us" 

But it's 100% coach speak. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I expect him to set honest expectations. And it would have been to his benefit to do so. Now he’s stuck with three possible conclusions: (1) he was right, meaning he failed to coach a talented team to a winning season; (2) he was wrong, meaning he is bad at a critical aspect of his job (evaluating talent); or (3) he was wrong deliberately, meaning his statements cannot be trusted.

None of those three bode well for Sark. He’s either a bad coach, a bad evaluator, or a liar.

4 hours ago, Bravo said:

We are so fucked. Let's say he fires PK who is he going to hire any good to come here under an obvious lame duck staff? Plus, he already tried to hire Mike Stoops. We trust him to be competent to fix this. Nice hopeless feeling I have. 

The only way avoid a lame duck staff is to suck it up and let Steve Sarkisian coach for the extent of his contract. 

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

Well, we do have a lot of speed. We have fast guys that can't catch. We have guys that get beat quickly at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. We have guys that are quick to bite on misdirection and fakes and end up completely out of position. I could go on and on....

10 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Well, we do have a lot of speed. We have fast guys that can't catch. We have guys that get beat quickly at the point of attack on both sides of the ball. We have guys that are quick to bite on misdirection and fakes and end up completely out of position. I could go on and on....

Sounds like a good for a halfway decent coach.....;(

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

I expect him to set honest expectations. And it would have been to his benefit to do so. Now he’s stuck with three possible conclusions: (1) he was right, meaning he failed to coach a talented team to a winning season; (2) he was wrong, meaning he is bad at a critical aspect of his job (evaluating talent); or (3) he was wrong deliberately, meaning his statements cannot be trusted.

None of those three bode well for Sark. He’s either a bad coach, a bad evaluator, or a liar.

; (4) it was coachspeak and has zero to do with the results.

11 minutes ago, Snacks said:

; (4) it was coachspeak and has zero to do with the results.

That’s the same as #3. Merely renaming a lie “coach speak” doesn’t change what it is. If Sark is going to tell us a bunch of stuff that isn’t true, then what he tells us cannot be trusted. And that applies to any of the excuses or plans he lays out going forward.

Whether you call it “coach speak” or “lies,” the point remains: Sark’s words are not credible. 

4 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That’s the same as #3. Merely renaming a lie “coach speak” doesn’t change what it is. If Sark is going to tell us a bunch of stuff that isn’t true, then what he tells us cannot be trusted. And that applies to any of the excuses or plans he lays out going forward.

Whether you call it “coach speak” or “lies,” the point remains: Sark’s words are not credible. 

That’s a horrible take and you should feel bad.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

That’s a horrible take and you should feel bad.

So how do you tell if Sark is engaging in coach speak or truth at any given time? Is it something you can only evaluate in retrospect, when it becomes useful as an excuse to apply when it turns out Sark admitted something that makes him look bad?

8 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Are you new to sports? Coaches say shit all the time that they'd never say if there wasn't a microphone recording everything they say.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

"I'm honored to be the coach at Texas.  That said, this roster is wet garbage.  Not only are they young and untalented, they are also dumb and soft.  They are also unattractive, which is to be expected once you meet their ugly moms.  I'd rather be at Kansas, but here I am -- with these dainty little twinks.  For the sake of positive reinforcement, we have created an award for players who are awake during practice.  I kinda hope most of them die, though.  This place fucking sucks, but it was great to meet the team."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

There’s a lot of criticisms to go Sarks way. This isn’t one of them. This is dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Chooky said:

"I'm honored to be the coach at Texas.  That said, this roster is wet garbage.  Not only are they young and untalented, they are also dumb and soft.  They are also unattractive, which is to be expected once you meet their ugly moms.  I'd rather be at Kansas, but here I am -- with these dainty little twinks.  For the sake of positive reinforcement, we have created an award for players who are awake during practice.  I kinda hope most of them die, though.  This place fucking sucks, but it was great to meet the team."

"Look, with a generous interpretation of recruiting and transfer rules and a whole lot of untraceable cash, I can probably flip this roster in 3 years. Please don't hold me accountable until the 2023 season at the earliest." 

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Funny. But what I had in mind was something like this: “We have some work to do to catch up with the Alabama’s of the world. It starts with recruiting and we’re hitting the trail. We have good players on this team, but not enough to win based on talent alone.” 

What he said instead was, essentially, “This team has plenty of talent to compete for championships.” Which I believe was his honest assessment at the time, because he provided rationale to support that conclusion.

My view is that this team has better talent than Kansas, and better than 4-6 talent. And I think it’s pretty clear that Sark had the same impression back in January.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

There’s a lot of criticisms to go Sarks way. This isn’t one of them. This is dumb.

That is not a criticism of Sark. It is a criticism of credulous fans who will essentially argue that he was lying in order to prop up the fiction of his competence. I actually don’t think he was lying at all, and I believe he said what he meant at the time. 

Edited by BrickHorn

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That is not a criticism of Sark. It is a criticism of credulous fans who will essentially argue that he was lying in order to prop up the fiction of his competence. I actually don’t think he was lying at all, and I believe he said what he meant at the time. 

The fact that you think anything a coach says in public as anything other than spin is hilarious. Coaches are saying nothing and telling you nothing. Ever.

• Hook 'Em 4

On 11/14/2021 at 1:32 PM, closetohumping said:

And a move like this would kill his career. He’d never be a hc again

That's what they said after USC canned him .... then  Saban (and Saban's agent) put him through the Lane Kiffin (same agent) Bama rehab center. 

Snark has no shame. He will rob and cheat anyone and thing he can. After all he was once a failing used computer salesman that Norm Chow pulled out of the gutter. And then backstabbed Chow at USC. Classless loser.

Edited by JohnnyLamJones
  • Fuck You 3