IYO how long does Sark last  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Numero anos

• He’s gone after KSU
    • End of 2022
    • End of 2023 (3 years like Charlie)
    • End of 2024
    • Finishes contract
    • As long as he wants. He’s turning this around!!

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is where I'm at too. Whether he's the guy or not, we're at the bottom. We've got to support him getting some better players in, however that is. Forget the athletes, we need smarter, hungrier, talented players. We have to realize where we are now. We're years off from competing at the top end. We've got to focus on a complete rebuild.

I don’t think we are at the bottom. I think next year, after the mass exodus of players that thought they were going to be champions, with a bunch of youngins and transfers, is likely to be just as bad or worse. I think we have to concede a growth pattern, at that we are at least two years from being a good team. 

I know we make some much money, have so much talent, blah blah blah. The reality is that this roster needs a total redo, and that will include some shit games where the players that are bought in struggle. The hope is that is what this is, but I think it’s next year. 

Just now, LOHorn said:

I don’t think we are at the bottom. I think next year, after the mass exodus of players that thought they were going to be champions, with a bunch of youngins and transfers, is likely to be just as bad or worse. I think we have to concede a growth pattern, at that we are at least two years from being a good team. 

I know we make some much money, have so much talent, blah blah blah. The reality is that this roster needs a total redo, and that will include some shit games where the players that are bought in struggle. The hope is that is what this is, but I think it’s next year. 

This is why sark needs to be fired ASAP. We still have talent on the team.  That will change fast with the portals 

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's the thing.  Because some number of us, probably right around 50%, accurately predicted the demise of Strong and Herman in year one, we all think we know how to predict coaching success.

But we don't.  It's just a guess.

There is a talent problem.  There is also something wrong with the defensive coaching that seems to require a change.  Whether it's Kwiatkowski himself or some kind of disconnect between him and his position coaches is unclear.  Yes, that's on Sark.  At least he didn't make a bunch of comfort hires.

We can conjure all kinds of bad scenarios that result from having the wrong guy for three years.

We also know what happens when you turn shit over every three years.

We're probably stuck with Sark and there's about a 50-50 chance he recovers from the tailspin.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

The question is, what is the opportunity cost of not spending the 30M it would require to fire him and his staff right now?  Our 6 or 7 home game a year generate what, 60M?  Say a third of that goes away.  That’s 60M over 3 years.  Plus loss of donations and the damage to the roster from having a coach nobody thinks will be around.  That part is incalculable but the lost donations have to be worth tens of millions over 3 years.  So you a looking at it costing well over twice the buyout to delay this shit for three years.  So I would hope these fuckers immediately start trying to identify a proven P5 coach - one who has 1) consistently won, 2) has fixed culture before, and 2) wants to come here.  Once you do that, you pull the cord.  

Back in 2013 Saban said no thanks opting to remain at Bama. Texas regressed further from 8-5 to 6-7.

Back in 2020 Urban Meyer chose the Jacksonville Jaguars over Texas. Texas regressed once again from 7-3 to ?

Who is the big name that will be willing to coach here? You think any respectable, proven winner is gonna wanna deal with this fucking mess? Any potential HC just needs to look back to the Bo Davis flareup to realize what they're getting into, a full rebuild with the most impatient fan base in ncaa football. The two greatest modern day coaches turned down big time money offers to dodge this joke of a program. Urban even went as far as to choose one of the NFL's worst franchises that was in complete and total shambles over the Texas football program.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chad said:

Back in 2013 Saban said no thanks opting to remain at Bama. Texas regressed further from 8-5 to 6-7.

Back in 2020 Urban Meyer chose the Jacksonville Jaguars over Texas. Texas regressed once again from 7-3 to ?

Who is the big name that will be willing to coach here? You think any respectable, proven winner is gonna wanna deal with this fucking mess? Any potential HC just needs to look back to the Bo Davis flareup to realize what they're getting into, a full rebuild with the most impatient fan base in ncaa football. The two greatest modern day coaches turned down big time money offers to dodge this joke of a program. Urban even went as far as to choose one of the NFL's worst franchises that was in complete and total shambles over the Texas football program.

Traylor might and I’m at the point of “fuck it, give it a shot. Can’t get any worse…” 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Here's the thing.  Because some number of us, probably right around 50%, accurately predicted the demise of Strong and Herman in year one, we all think we know how to predict coaching success.

There is a talent problem.  There is also something wrong with the defensive coaching that seems to require a change.  Whether it's Kwiatkowski himself or some kind of disconnect between him and his position coaches is unclear.  Yes, that's on Sark.  At least he didn't make a bunch of comfort hires.

We can conjure all kinds of bad scenarios that result from having the wrong guy for three years.

We're probably stuck with Sark and there's about a 50-50 chance he recovers from the tailspin.

You’re arguing that we don’t have the horses to beat Kansas?

Dr Steve Brule K GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Traylor might and I’m at the point of “fuck it, give it a shot. Can’t get any worse…” 

Does he fall into the proven winner category though? Don't get me wrong I'm impressed with what he's done at UTSA and actually enjoyed watching a couple of their games. The last two coaches Texas plucked out of the G6 ranks didn't pan out. This is a bad season to have to replace a coach because LSU and USC are big time jobs looking for coaches and UF could very well be added into that mix shortly as well.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There is no recovering from this.  It’s not like we are winning seven games and showing a few sparks. We just lost to Kansas.  No one worth a shit will portal in.   The opposite will happen. Anyone worth a shit will portal out.  

we gotta make change now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Chad said:

a full rebuild with the most impatient fan base in ncaa football.

I think Nebraska may give that a run for the money. They still have to play Wisconsin and Iowa after Frost was 'required' to fire four offensive coaches. Sure, they have a losing record, but they were beginning to hang with the higher ranked teams after a disastrous start against Illinois. They had lost players to the portal but it really does take some time to get a mentoring program with players that have progressed through the new system for four or five years, IMO. Now they are going to be regrouping but with the same omergawd why aren't you national champions yet? The portal, however, has made consistency and reliability a little more difficult to predict.

1 minute ago, cactusflinthead said:

Sunday morning coming down

How does Baylor manage to get 3 coaches, players we don't offer, and win?

30 point favorite. Wandering the sports desert for a decade.

I'm glad I didn't drink last night. Facing this grim reality completely sober. 

Well, they didn't have to fire three successive coaches for poor performance.  That's a start.  They had to replace two coaches that were on the upswing.  No roster rebuild required, no rebuild of culture (except rape elimination).

Just now, closetohumping said:

Other than this hire, cdc has nailed all of the others.  He’s not going anywhere.  Yes I understand this hire is more important than all the others combined but it would be foolish to fire him

And, he's not solely responsible for the hire.  Whether you believe he was not involved or extremely involved, the nature of hiring around here is that it's a group effort.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so is the contract really fully guaranteed for 6 years?

I don't think it's "guaranteed," which would mean we pay him the salary, period, unless fired for cause.

It's the standard contract deal where we pay what we agreed to pay subject to his obligation to mitigate damages by getting another job.

18 minutes ago, Chad said:

Does he fall into the proven winner category though? Don't get me wrong I'm impressed with what he's done at UTSA and actually enjoyed watching a couple of their games. The last two coaches Texas plucked out of the G6 ranks didn't pan out. This is a bad season to have to replace a coach because LSU and USC are big time jobs looking for coaches and UF could very well be added into that mix shortly as well.

Eh the state titles and what he’s doing at UTSA seems promising. Shit our best hire was a sooner who went 5-5 at Washington(yeah yeah different times whatever) when we hired him. Fuck it. 

16 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I think Nebraska may give that a run for the money. They still have to play Wisconsin and Iowa after Frost was 'required' to fire four offensive coaches. Sure, they have a losing record, but they were beginning to hang with the higher ranked teams after a disastrous start against Illinois. They had lost players to the portal but it really does take some time to get a mentoring program with players that have progressed through the new system for four or five years, IMO. Now they are going to be regrouping but with the same omergawd why aren't you national champions yet? The portal, however, has made consistency and reliability a little more difficult to predict.

Alternatively, Scott Frost has had one winning season as a head coach, and is generally so bad at getting a team ready to win, that he has only won 1 game coming out of a bye week. 

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, they didn't have to fire three successive coaches for poor performance.  That's a start.  They had to replace two coaches that were on the upswing.  No roster rebuild required, no rebuild of culture (except rape elimination).

Think back to Kevin Steele. They were awful. It didn't take a decade. 

I think the constant revolving door at every coaching position is one of the biggest issues at Texas.  We need consistency.  I dont want to fire anyone, but someone will pay for this loss at the end of the day (PK more than likely).

What I will say is that if these players arent responding to Sark and not buying into what he's selling...  thats on him.  Yes, these players are weak minded and suck, but its Sark's job to figure out how to motivate them, and its clear he cant.

For the sake of consistency, im not hopping on the fire anyone bandwagon, but like I said, someone will pay for this, so here we go again...

• Hook 'Em 3

He’s obviously the wrong guy. It’s far more obvious than Strong after he decided to retain Watson. The nightmare for fans is watching how much damage he can do in the time he is given. This team is going 4-8 and recruiting is on the verge of collapsing. This is the lowest I have felt since 97. Except then we hired a new coach and had hope. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

It’s clear the defense is broken. The coordinator isn’t coordinating the position groups and needs to go. Damn I wish he would’ve kept Ash. 

This right here was Sarks biggest error so far.  I get him wanting to bring in his guys, but Ash took this same group and did pretty damn good.  Him + Sarks offense could have been a completely different story.  Again, consistency is an issue here.  

If you worked at a job where your boss was constantly quitting or getting fired and replaced with some new random person, you would hate it too.  That what is happening to these players every 1-2 years.

6 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Think back to Kevin Steele. They were awful. It didn't take a decade. 

For perspective, they sucked for 20 years after Teaff with a succession of losers.

Then, they got lucky with Briles.  Briles is a good coach, whatever else you think of him and recruited/cheated well.

Rhule followed Briles and didn't have to rebuild the program and left of his own accord.  Aranda apparently got caught in a natural rebuilding year last year, combined with the usual hazards of changing coaches.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

This right here was Sarks biggest error so far.  I get him wanting to bring in his guys, but Ash took this same group and did pretty damn good.  Him + Sarks offense could have been a completely different story.  Again, consistency is an issue here.  

If you worked at a job where your boss was constantly quitting or getting fired and replaced with some new random person, you would hate it too.  That what is happening to these players every 1-2 years.

Well maybe these fucking players should at least act like they give a shit.  Because they are pussies and/or suck at football plus have no heart. I have no idea what to think of this cluster fuck that is going on but I know there are a shit ton of things that need to be fixed. This shitshow and the move to the Sec will set this program back 10years

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Nah fuck that. That bitch lied about too much stuff, never took responsibility and straight up blamed players for losses at press conferences. 

just cause I’m pissed about Sark doesn’t mean I want Herman back. I still wanted his ass gone.

Agree.  Herm was fired for more than just wins and losses.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Okay, but how's he gonna get his players to come to a 5-7 or 6-6 train wreck that's being mocked in the national media?

This is a fucking disaster and Sark should be gone by 10 am tomorrow.  And I never said that about Herman or Charlie -- not in year 1.

But circumstances are different now.  This season has been so bad that it can't help but kill recruiting, and we can't go into the SEC like this or we might never recover.  The next couple of years are pivotal for us and could affect the next decade, or longer.

And I know we always hear things like, "You can't fire a coach that fast, because no good coach will want to come here thinking he'll have such a short leash."  Okay, fine, but you can't keep giving the wrong coach three or four years or no good coach will want to come here because you've shown that you don't actually give a shit about winning.  That goes for recruits, too.

Sark's gotta go.  Now.  December at the latest.

Texas ain’t winning 5 games, much less becoming bowl eligible, anytime soon. It’s an irrelevant program at every level.  

• Rage+1 1

I think we'll somehow eek out a win between WVU and KSU, and go 5-7.  Sark is obviously here next year unless he decides to do the honorable thing and resign.  But Eltife will 100% guarantee that he's back next year short of that.  Only thing I can't figure out is that if we have to do one more year in the Big XII (2022-23 athletics/academic year)...which is looking more likely...then it'd be tough to throw a new coach into that new league in 2023 for football.  But I think that's what ends up happening.  Kinda sucks for that new coach but somebody's gotta rip the band-aid off.