IYO how long does Sark last  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Numero anos

• He’s gone after KSU
    • End of 2022
    • End of 2023 (3 years like Charlie)
    • End of 2024
    • Finishes contract
    • As long as he wants. He’s turning this around!!

Just now, Azbadlands said:

Yeah, it's  baffling...Is PK's resume' based on inflated stats against cupcakes?  Or, maybe not letting him pick his own staff here is the problem?  Either way, they got to figure this out fast....

Imo it may be too late for pk.  Ironic enough I think a lot of PKs best players were recruited by sark.  I don’t remember the UW defenses being absurdly talented but he’s definitely had nfl players.  I would like to think it’s the perfect storm of shit and he’s not a dipshit.  I’m not sure Joseph and Gideon are keepers

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

You're right, we're Texas we should never lose to Kansas because We're Texas. We should never have to rebuild because We're Texas. We should fire any coach that loses to Kansas because We're Texas

Wait. Do you actually not see that our team is regressing? You think Kansas is more talented than us?  

this is all coaching. 

58 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

i will ask you the same thing, who are you going to hire right now?  Are you confident you beat out LSU, USC for this guy?

I'm not going to hire anyone. They don't consult me about these things. But if they did, we sure as fuck wouldnt have hired seven possible six win Steve. But since I don't have the $30+ million to swing a buyout, my influence is essentially zero. The next guy could very well be a bust as well, I'm on record here as saying these hires are always crapshoots. But once you know the current guy is a fucking disaster, you might as well get on with it. Losing in the fashion that we have this season and then to a team like Kansas tells me Sark doesnt have it, never will have it, and we're wasting time every day he is pulling a paycheck as the head coach.

He was successful at USC when Pete was the "it" HC, and successful at Bama when Saban is king. The rest of his resume is fairly mediocre. He failed in the NFL at Atlanta as an OC, his time at udub wasnt great, and USC.....well you know about that. So basically we have to hope he can start pulling in consecutive top 3 recruiting classes while putting up 4-8/5-7 records and getting our shit pushed in by Kansas. Sounds promising. 

• Rage+1 1

Look people, it's not like there's just some list of coaches out there that have never lost to Kansas.  Or never lost to them in Big XII play.  Or an even longer list that hasn't lost to Kansas twice since 2016.  Okay?  Lotta unknowns.  Lotta nuances here.  You don't just find a coach who can always beat Kansas.  That's not how college football works.  

Sark's reign here depends much more heavily on when we make the SEC switch 2022 or 2023.  

Edited by Lobo

8 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

And yet here we are. We've had 4 coaches in 9 years and we should never lose to Kansas because we're Texas and not losing is our birthright.

Bro, I get the bit you're doing here but hardly anyone loses to Kansas. They haven't won on the road since 43 was in office. 13 years ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

And yet here we are. We've had 4 coaches in 9 years and we should never lose to Kansas because we're Texas and not losing is our birthright.

Oh, we can lose, just not to Kansas. That's unacceptable at Texas and we should absolutely fire Steve Sarkisian because it happened.

18 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You're right, we're Texas we should never lose to Kansas because We're Texas. We should never have to rebuild because We're Texas. We should fire any coach that loses to Kansas because We're Texas

Um we should literally never lose to Kansas at home. They have lost 56 consecutive road games. We don’t need to be Texas to say that. If it were “we’re SMU” we still shouldn’t ever lose to Kansas at home.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Bro, I get the bit you're doing here but hardly anyone loses to Kansas. They haven't won on the road since 43 was in office. 13 years ago. 

Maybe losing to Kansas at home will wake people up but I doubt it. We'll just fire the coach and throw some more money at the problem, but not too much and not in any of the places that matter. We're Texas and every coach in America wants to coach here because we're Texas and its a privilege so we'll just eventually find the right coach since the coaches are the problem. Any coach can come here and be successful I mean just look at Mack Brown who won all those championships here with all the talent.

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Maybe losing to Kansas at home will wake people up but I doubt it. We'll just fire the coach and throw some more money at the problem, but not too much and not in any of the places that matter. We're Texas and every coach in America wants to coach here because we're Texas and its a privilege so we'll just eventually find the right coach since the coaches are the problem. Any coach can come here and be successful I mean just look at Mack Brown who won all those championships here with all the talent.

I’m trying to figure out the point of this thesis?  Winning at Texas is hard?

I love how from all that's gone on this season, you want to turn your guns strictly at the fans who are rightfully upset with losing streak that hasn't been equaled since the early days of television. We don't hire or fire anyone. We can get angry on here and overreact but it's fairly meaningless. We aren't shareholders in the program. They don't care what we think because we still show up to games. We'll still show up to KSU. If the fans wanted to make a real impact, they would stop showing up, stop buying merch, and stop buying season tickets. They would hit the Texas administration where it hurts. But they don't so the cycle continues. The last time the fans made a mass showing of their frustration was in 1997 and it started a pretty nice run for the program. It also helped that Mack was a hire that healed a fractured fan base. There's no hire like that this time.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

why don't we just program an AI to be head coach

We need to at least kick the tires on some of the recent Madden champions first.

Get the money whip out and make either Joke Brito or Gabagol94 say no.

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Yes, unless Kansas is not the same program it has been for...basically decades.  No, rebuilding and losing games to certain teams is fine, but it is not the same as losing to Kansas.  Yes, unless Kansas has a reasonable talent gap to the current team that lost.

Texas should never lose to Kansas but that exact mentality is why we lost to Kansas. There is a rot that permeates through the very foundation of our culture. The arrogance without merit the hubris. The people running Texas are all fans and they're all Texans and they all got there not by merit but by making money, which is the only thing Texas really values. We are more concerned with not being embarrassed by who we consider inferior than we are with winning. Except we consider everyone inferior even those who clearly aren't. So this new coach doesn't meet our standard that we haven't earned and we'll fire him and a different farts niffer will pick him because the last one fucked up. Never asking the question of why the previous coach was picked and what actually needs to change to be successful. No the decision makers are above reproach because we keep making money and making money is super hard so they must be meritorious its the coach they picked who fucked up. Never mind all the coaches that turned us down because they recognized the institutional problems that exist at Texas because we didn't ever really offer them so we didn't actually want them. We are 3 coaches into this cycle and nothing has changed except for the coaches. We like to make fun of the aggy rollercoaster and the aggy culture but the truth is we're just slightly better educated aggys and we can't even recognize we're on our own roller coaster. Everything that has happened to Texas football is what we deserve and we'll never be as good as we once thought we were.

So will I quit watching and hoping every year, of course not because I'm a fan. I have pride and I have arrogance and I did nothing to earn that or do any work other than going to Texas. Welcome to the machine we have shirts.

200.gif

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, dec3169 said:

Honestly if I were Sark I would make a deal with Texas that I would give up head coach if they made me OC, and I would take the pay cut (with bonus options depending on the offensive stats).  That would please almost everyone, and keep Sark employed, not taking millions from UT, and likely stay sober without all the pressure.  He does seem to be good on offense and could be really good if someone would rent an offensive line.  Downside is - new head coach would have to agree.

What if -- and believe me, this is hypothetical -- But what if you were offered some kind of stock option and equity sharing program?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yes, it should wake people up to the fact that we need to fire the guy who is so bad he lost to Kansas.    And to the fact that we shouldn’t hire a head coach who was fired for cause from USC, tried to sue USC (and lost), and has basically been a failure at everything except being an assistant for Pete Carroll and Nick Saban.

I like that Jeff Traylor, for example, has a history of success on his own, even if it is high school and UTSA.   As we have now seen many times, just about any bum can have success as an assistant for Saban, Meyer or Carroll when they’re in charge and recruiting the best players in the country.  It’s like NFL teams repeatedly hiring whatever idiot assistant coach was last riding Belichick’s and Brady’s coattails and acting shocked when that guy fails.

And who hired that guy and why should he keep his job and have a say on who the next guy is? And who hired the guy that hired the guy? What's gonna be different with this next guy?

Edited by Michael Knight

Just now, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, man, it’s a conundrum.  How does anything change ever?  Is it even possible for anything to be different than it already is?

Maybe Calvinists are right about predestination and absolutely nothing anyone does really matters.   Butterfly effect, my ass.  A pox on all of you godless heathens who believe mankind has the free will and power to change the immutable fact of life that Texas must lose to Kansas in college football!  

We've done the same thing 3 times now doing the same thing a 4th time will certainly show different results.

34 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

And who hired that guy and why should he keep his job and have a say on who the next guy is? And who hired the guy that hired the guy? What's gonna be different with this next guy?

Kevin Eltife. Can't be fired, Gov/BOR would have to remove him. He shouldn't.

Greg Abbott.

Nothing, if we let the BMD make the decision again. 

Edited by Pods

How many coaches have we had since DKR and how many have been the right guy?

How many coaches has OU had since Bud and how many have been the right guy? How many coaches has Bama had since Bear and how many have been the right guy? How many coaches has USC had since McKay and how many have been the right guy? How many coaches has Notre Dame had since Ara and how many have been the right guy? Miami? Florida? Aggy?

4 hours ago, BB65 said:

The decision to fire sark now or to keep him needs to be based on the answer to one question. Does sark give Texas the best chance to successfully make the transition from the Big XII to the SEC? By successfully I mean compete. If that answer is no then why waste more time with him leading the program. My eyes tell me he is not that person. 

All the certainty that Sark is going to fail is kind of comical.

It's not uncommon for very successful coaches to have a bad year, or two, getting going.

I don't know if Sark will fail completely or not.  There's a lot of problems here that any coach would struggle with.

Because Strong failed, and then Herman, everyone thinks they can Kreskin the failure of Sarkisian.  Complete hindsight bias.

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Bama went through 4 in 16 years before finding Saban.

They fired a dude before he ever coached a game for them.

So did every other major program. They hire a guy for 1-4 years, fire him, and repeat over and over until a Stoops or Urban or Carroll shows what’s possible

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

He was successful at USC when Pete was the "it" HC, and successful at Bama when Saban is king. The rest of his resume is fairly mediocre. He failed in the NFL at Atlanta as an OC, his time at udub wasnt great, and USC.....well you know about that.

When Pete was HC, the OC was Norm Chow, who could scheme the crap out of an offense in his prime, after Chow left, Freshwater was the OC.  Sark became OC when Freshwater went to the Raiduhs, 2007 or so