Urban Meyer or Bust Part 2: Groping at Straws

DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's so bad and so calcified, I honestly have no idea how you dismantle the foundation of meddling BMDs and regents.

Only thing I can think of that would produce real change internally would be if the well of $ dries up.. but our dumb fans / alumni keep donating and supporting filth. 

Trust no one Mr. Mulder…….#BDE

zzNsKJ7m_x96.jpeg

Can confirm earlier report by Horns247 that former Ohio State coach Urban Meyer told Texas officials he has chosen not to return to coaching for health reasons. Meyer told UT this weekend. UT source tells me and @BDavisAAS UT is still "sorting through" what to do next.

1d2ea35b6b92ec15ff0786c93c61c9a8_normal.

Chip Brown

@ChipBrown247
BREAKING: #Texas' flirtation with three-time national championship coach Urban Meyer appears to have come to an end, a university source told Horns247. https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Football-flirtation-with-Urban-Meyer-appears-over-leaning-toward-not-coaching-again-156300380/?Notification.Success=Your+Article+has+been+successfully+created.

Share this Tweet
Jaguars hire Urban Meyer as new head coach.

McRib is back!!

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

With all due respect...

Urban’s not walking through that door. Neither is Saban. Accept that. Stop hiring their assistants hoping to find the next best thing. That’s not working. Stop looking for easy answers and go find a coach to coach Texas. Maybe conduct interviews of interested parties. Look for the right fit, not a splash hire.

Just my opinion. 

Fuck that.

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

There’s only like 5 championship caliber coaches in country and they are all currently comfortable and well paid.  This notion that Texas is just going to poach a great coach because “we’re Texas” is delusional.  Every hire is taking a chance.  Just keep rolling the dice hope it works out

CDC said "Darrel Royal is not walking through that door" and neither is Saban, I agree, and it's embarrassing to keep talking about it

But what CDC said was a pathetic cop-out. The program doesn't need another Saban, how about a Matt Rhule or a Dave Aranda? Baylor has seemingly rebuilt their program numerous times while we have shit ourselves the last 12 years. It is these guys jobs to find and evaluate coaching talent. I seriously think a group of casual fans would do a better search. We've had total incompetence in this regard.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Loather said:

CDC said "Darrel Royal is not walking through that door" and neither is Saban, I agree, and it's embarrassing to keep talking about it

but Urban on the other hand……. Tracking flights from Indy to Austin starting 4pm.  Queue the “It’s Happening” gif.  #BDE.