Mayor of Kingstown: Written and Directed by Taylor Sheridan on Paramount +

GreenspointTexas

On 1/22/2023 at 4:23 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Two eps in and season two already better than season 1. This weeks episode may be the best of the series

It's been real good, but best ep of series?....did you not see all the prison episodes end of last season.  Bruh....

Edited by utxmike05

On 1/23/2023 at 8:28 AM, GoPokes83 said:

Fantastic show, and season 2 really is better than the first. But every time I see Renner on screen it bums me out that it’s really improbable there will be a season 3.

There is a recent IG photo of Renner in bed and someone is stretching his right leg back.  Left leg also laid out on bed...both look intact thankfully, despite all the theories.

On 1/16/2023 at 2:19 PM, Scraps said:

About 10 mins into season 2 episode i said to myself....man i hope something happens to Momma McCluskey.

I have hated Dianne Wiest since Parenthood

LOL.  I just knocked out Season 1.  Thanks ice.  Two things about Dianne West.

1. She was helping Kyle's marriage in exactly the same was as she did for Martha Plimpton in Parenthood.

2. The trend of shows that I like, that have one female character I can't stand, continues - Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Yellowstone, etc..

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

So if 3 FBI agents were murdered in 1 town, the federal response would be similar to the OKC bombing, right? Hell Biden would probably get questions about it. 

They’d put Milo in Florence Supermax immediately and his crew would arrested. 

I like Sheridan, but his stuff requires plenty of suspending disbelief. 

This show is Sons of Anarchy with Renner and Carcetti//Littlefinger/Aberama Gold so it’s better acting. 

Ok.  Someone help me out.  And, for the record, I feel regarded for having to ask.

Can someone please explain the whole "letter thing" that initiated this series?  All I got was that a new inmate upset the apple cart by sending a letter from prison.  I recall Bunny ending up with the letter, but never understood what that whole subplot was about.

• 1 month later...

Just finished Season 1:

1. I would kill all of you to take Iris on a nice date and walk her to the door
  2. Dressing up as a prison guard means you can just breeze through hundreds of law enforcement personnel, who are questioning/interviewing everyone?
  3. I saw stupid angry bitch mother running out of the house and thought "WTF are you gonna do? You think hundreds of national guard and state police are just gonna let some crazy fat old lady wander around a live war zone?"  Yep, that's exactly what happened.

Yeah, Sons of Anarchy with better actors/writing/cinematography is a fair comparison.

In Season 1 Milo kills 3 FBI agents. Every federal agent in Michigan and surrounding states would be sent to Kingstown.

Same response for Bunny having the DA whacked. Instead, the assistant DA is very mad at Mike, but lets Bunny out anyway. 

Finally, the only Russian Orthodox Church in Kingstown should be the first place Mike would look for Milo. 

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I liked the finale? 

Good stuff : 

- The monologue as the end of the episode. I think it would be been more emotionally raw if Renner delivered to the camera instead of voiceover, but oh well. 

- Littlefinger's Sons of Anarchy ridiculous storyline finally comes to end. I love the actor, but master villain with no repercussions never works for me. 

- The shoot out was tense, tight, and well shot. I'm not sure if they shot it in some little house, but it felt like it. Sheridan always done well with the ballistics scenes. 

Confusing stuff: 

- Not only does Bunny get a pass on killing a DA and the attempted murder of a cop, they reward him by allowing his guys to take out the AB Leader. I give up on trying to figure out the gang politics. 

- Iris and Mike haven't slept together. Did I miss something? 

- Milo dies off screen. It would be very, very lame to bring him back, but I guess it's on the table. 

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

- Milo dies off screen. It would be very, very lame to bring him back, but I guess it's on the table. 

Spoiler

He’s definitely not dead and coming back. After the explosion, you hear him on the phone with the dark haired chick from the club.

”Are you ok?”

”Yes, everything went as planned.” 
or something to that effect. 

On 3/27/2023 at 7:38 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Confusing stuff: 

- Not only does Bunny get a pass on killing a DA and the attempted murder of a cop, they reward him by allowing his guys to take out the AB Leader. I give up on trying to figure out the gang politics. 

- Iris and Mike haven't slept together. Did I miss something? 

Gang politics is definitely over my head. Cannot relate.  There's gotta be some holes, but I can't even pick them out clearly because not familiar with all that shit lol.

It took me halfway into season 2 to "fully" understand what Mike does.  "What would you say you do here?"

Mike being invincible and getting out of every jam is kinda cool, yet unbelievable.  Would have rather had him get banged up or someone saves him for once.

Having Master of Coin hiding out the entire season and then finally appearing was weak. 

2 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Gang politics is definitely over my head. Cannot relate.  There's gotta be some holes, but I can't even pick them out clearly because not familiar with all that shit lol.

It took me halfway into season 2 to "fully" understand what Mike does.  "What would you say you do here?"

Mike being invincible and getting out of every jam is kinda cool, yet unbelievable.  Would have rather had him get banged up or someone saves him for once.

Having Master of Coin hiding out the entire season and then finally appearing was weak. 

Yeah I don’t like how Sheridan used Littlefinger. He’s not on screen enough to the Big Bad. 

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah I don’t like how Sheridan used Littlefinger. He’s not on screen enough to the Big Bad. 

Did you seriously not catch the last conversation Carcetti had?  He definitely didn’t get blown up, and is definitely coming back. 

On 3/28/2023 at 8:32 AM, Frank The Tank said:
  Hide contents

He’s definitely not dead and coming back. After the explosion, you hear him on the phone with the dark haired chick from the club.

”Are you ok?”

”Yes, everything went as planned.” 
or something to that effect. 

I took that call as happening right before the boat went up in flames.