Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

I teach 7th grade.

Years ago, any time there was a shooting, regardless of where in the country it is, the students would hear about it and kind of go through the rest of the day somewhat reserved, or maybe a quiet nervousness, thinking about what it would look like on our campus.

But these days it no longer even registers. Its just "another one, that sucks" and on with the routine. Sooner than later it will just be another meme.

• Rage+1 5

Plus how many injured
Plus how many have to carry that terror of being there for the rest of their lives, including a ton of kids.
Plus the cost of police response, medical bills
Plus the cost of having to close the school, and likely renovate and or demolish it.

The death toll is horrible enough. The total cost of these shooting is so much more. 

1 minute ago, Hawndoh said:

I teach 7th grade.

Years ago, any time there was a shooting, regardless of where in the country it is, the students would hear about it and kind of go through the rest of the day somewhat reserved, or maybe a quiet nervousness, thinking about what it would look like on our campus.

But these days it no longer even registers. Its just "another one, that sucks" and on with the routine. Sooner than later it will just be another meme.

I don't have kids but I've steeled myself to the fact that a friend or family member may lose a child to this bullshit, and that riles me the fuck up. I can't even imagine the emotion if it were my kid. I'd probably go killdozer on the nra headquarters or some shit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

28 year old woman? What the fuck? I hate to be that guy but when was the last time we had someone like that be involved in a shooting? 

Off the top of my head, the San bernardino health department shooting (husband/wife team though) YouTube HQ shooting, that post office shooting in Cali in 2006, and that teenage girl that shot at the elementary school across the street from her house back in the 70s(?). She famously coined the “I don’t like mondays” phrase. 

Edited by Helobious

Remember MAGA Rep. Andy Ogles? He's George Santos redux in that he lied about his entire resume, education etc... He represents the district where the school is located.

Anyway, he has some thoughts and prayers for you.

image.jpeg

Here's his Christmas card from last year:

image.thumb.jpeg.6715d988a23dd56d08bd3a91bac7371e.jpeg

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Rage+1 4

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Well, if there is any truth to all the chatter, this one might finally burn this site to the ground.

The initial rumors on social media after mass shootings are pretty much always bullshit spread by conservative activists.

The most i can do is thoughts and prayers.

the silver lining here is that they died inside the church so straight to heaven they go. see there is some positive news here.

Couldn’t they pray away the shooter? 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 1

image.png.9bb1f1579ca8d3672391b4271b11463f.png

"Peace and Joy"

Also, I don't know if I've seen a more stereotypical liberal family. Look at the house, the clothes, everything. This picture is a complete pandering sham.

16 minutes ago, mchookem said:

female shooter? well that's new and exciting! i mean these were getting kinda boring with the same old MO every time...this is an interesting switch up! 

the simulation needed to give the ending to S246 of "America" a little spice.

15 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

What's the chatter? A trans woman? Cause that would do it. 

that would be extra spicy, but it is Nashville, so hot

5 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

I had to google ETBF. Which came back with European Tenpin Bowling Federation. Which I also don't think is correct....

east texas box face.

anthropologists have wondered about the cause for decades. some say it's hillbilly whiskey. some say it's meth. we all know it's real.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

"active shooter event" sounds way more festive than it should. how about "active shooter murder spree"? let's stop sugar coating this shit

Outstanding observation.

image.png.1fc69c3a4a704e2941e8950da25c2760.png

Somebody doesn't want this to sound like it actually is.

I was pondering why the Army and then the press adopted the term improvised explosive device over the simpler term bomb or roadside bomb. Of course, we drop bombs and love bombs, but we're the good guys. Bad guys can't use bombs because everything they use is evil. Instead of facing up to the fact that blowing people up is blowing people up no matter how the explosive is administered, there was a conspiracy between propagandists and unwitting journalists to sugar-coat the practice when it's employed by us.

You don't want police "shootings" lumped in with criminal shootings. Surely the launching of the bullet must be different if it's not a good guy with a gun! This isn't a shooting; it's a unique event different than a shooting! Good-guy shooters shoot. Bad-guy shooters generate events.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Somebody doesn't want this to sound like it actually is.

I was pondering why the Army and then the press adopted the term improvised explosive device over the simpler term bomb or roadside bomb. Of course, we drop bombs and love bombs, but we're the good guys. Bad guys can't use bombs because everything they use is evil. Instead of facing up to the fact that blowing people up is blowing people up no matter how the explosive is administered, there was a conspiracy between propagandists and unwitting journalists to sugar-coat the practice when it's employed by us.

You don't want police "shootings" lumped in with criminal shootings. Surely the launching of the bullet must be different if it's not a good guy with a gun! This isn't a shooting; it's a unique event different than a shooting! Good-guy shooters shoot. Bad-guy shooters generate events.

Does the military even use the word “bomb” to refer to their own explosive ordnance anymore?

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

No way I'm clicking that

I did, and I regret it.  I learned that:

1. Lack of Christianity causes this, and 

2. Gun control doesn't help to stop it.

I imagine only half of those weirdos actually every attended aggy.  Not even the top story on HuffPo:

image.png

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We'll see what the story ends up actually being on how the shooter was taken out, but initial reports were that she was quickly engaged by 5 LEOs who arrived at the scene.  If true, then we know that none of those LEOs were transfers from Uvalde.

Otherwise...looking like it will be the same old same old.  Broken society that worships guns as a solution to a whole host of problems sees broken people continue to use guns to "address" their perceived problems.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

The Air Force is comprised of several Bomb Wings made up of Attack Bombers, Heavy Bombers, Strategic Bombers, etc.  But none of them use "bombs"  

This delicate speech with regard to people shooting kids beyond recognition reminds me of the Carlin bit about 'Shell Shock' to 'PTSD' and all the ones in between.  

Really look at how school shooting language has changed.  We spend days to weeks being corrected on terminology of the weapon used, the ballistics, the magazine capacity, the make and model.  We talk about the timeline, the doors, the egress, the locks, the politics, the bill of rights, etc.  We talk about everything except what happened.  Some asshole got ahold of too much firepower way too easily and murdered a bunch of young children because some of us like to go to gun ranges.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The small school is run by a church and does not employ a school resource officer. 

There it is. There's the thing Republicans will point to as what could've prevented this. See, there wasn't a good guy with a gun to stop the bad guy, err girl with a gun. There's always some excuse. Just say you don't care. Be honest. You are fine with children dying because unfettered access to guns is more important to you than their lives. I mean, it's not your kid so it's fine. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 6