Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The crazy circular logic of firearm buying: as more people commit mass shootings, gun sales are rising as more guns are being bought by women and people of color:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/22/us/united-states-rising-gun-sales/index.html

The Northeastern and Harvard study found that nearly 3% of US adults, or 7.5 million people, bought guns for the first time from January 2019 to April 2021. About half of the new gun owners were female, 20% were Black, and 20% were Hispanic. Overall, gun owners were 63% male and 73% White.

Becoming even more of a bipartisan topic than it already was. 

The FBI didn’t issue a report to the ADL about its he dangers to the Jewish Community from drug cartels and BLM.  It was about domestic theorists and white Christian nationalists.  That’s why they’re buying guns.  

imagine shouting “but what about Black Lives Matter or Chicago?” Every time there’s a mass shooting by a right wing white male.  And then celebrating gun purchases by black people the following week?  How does the human brain do that uneven bars routine with Such a high level of difficulty.  

• Hook 'Em 7

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s not because of MS-13, or “crime gone crazy!” They’re arming themselves because of…crazy fucking MAGA people with guns. If there weren’t crazy fucking MAGA people and white supremacists and shit with closets full of ARs and a Sig on them when they go to HEB, the rest of society wouldn’t be so fucking concerned that they need to arm themselves.

Do I really need to move the names and colors of people around for you to explain gun purchases from the 90’s and 00’s?  

9 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Yeah all the dipshit rural red yokels who don't live within 50 miles of a non-white person all buy their guns because of crime in the inner cities and not because they are cave-brained needledicks. 

But you never know when they're going to accidentally pull into my driveway, knocking on the wrong door looking for their brother, while holding a pom pom. Gotta play it safe and strap the fuck up!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Yeah all the dipshit rural red yokels who don't live within 50 miles of a non-white person all buy their guns because of crime in the inner cities and not because they are cave-brained needledicks. 

Had a contractor at my house a year ago that was comfortable enough with my whiteness to share that he has his house in lampassass covered with cameras and lights because of all the “hoods from Killeen” that come down looking for stuff to steal. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/24/2023 at 12:11 PM, Captainant said:

I've got just the thing for her to DEFEND HER RIGHTS on the playground!

On 4/24/2023 at 12:38 PM, RomaVicta said:

The Wee1 guy made an excellent point about how "the problem is that we don't have guns designed for 5-year-olds."

Here's this fucking psycho in a picture from video:

image.png.20c0a7c9302c9d798a2fbfed0757c02e.png

He says his kids ask about shooting, so he thinks he should explain things so they don't lose their curiosity.

I'm sure little Pscho Jr. just randomly brought up questions rather than just aping his father's open pathology. WTF?

This guy would have been avoided, shunned, and shamed by the parents of my generation. Now he's an opinion leader.

"Guns were not made for 5-year-olds."

That actually came out of that fucknut's mouth.

• Rage+1 2

In 20-25 years on the current timeline, Psycho Jr. will be an officer and triggerman in the CYPB firing squads and militias. Purifying the streets and neighborhoods of the American metropolis. (CYPB = Christian Youth Purity Brigades).

They're coming. They're telegraphing it far and wide. Believe them. They don't care how many die to create their Holy America, as we see with the mass shootings. Ultraviolence!

Edited by BevoAbyss

Some good news. Washington bans assault rifle sales:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/washington-state-assault-weapons-ban-jay-inslee-gun-control-hb-1240/

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee on Tuesday signed into law three gun reform bills, including an assault weapons ban which makes Washington the 10th state to ban assault-style weapons such as the AR-15 and AK-47. 

Washington House Bill 1240 bans more than 50 gun models, including rifles that fire one bullet per trigger pull and automatically reload for a subsequent shot. Existing legal owners can retain assault weapons they currently own, Inslee said in a news release. Gun owners can also sell their assault weapons to a "licensed retailer" who can sell them out-of-state.  

New York, California and New Jersey are amongst the states to ban assault weapons, which have been predominantly used in the nation's mass shootings, including the recent Nashville and  Louisville massacres. About 85% of mass shooting fatalities are caused by assault weapons, according to a 2019 study published in the Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery.  

70-year-old man threatens workers with gun because the meat department at the grocery store had closed and he wanted steaks.  According to him "he showed his gun 'Just to say I’m not stealing. I need you here to help me to get a couple of these steaks. I’m not going to hurt you'.”

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/crime/springfield-man-charged-with-demanding-meat-at-gunpoint/

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

70-year-old man threatens workers with gun because the meat department at the grocery store had closed and he wanted steaks.  According to him "he showed his gun 'Just to say I’m not stealing. I need you here to help me to get a couple of these steaks. I’m not going to hurt you'.”

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/crime/springfield-man-charged-with-demanding-meat-at-gunpoint/

It’s lunacy to think that Americans would buy 400 million guns and not exploit every possible opportunity to use them.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Dude is wearing a T-shirt repping the"United States Concealed Carry association" in his mugshot

*Chef's kiss*

Larry-Gay-mugshot.jpg.127997702ef7f802f479f8c3d42ba02c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

10 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

yeah, only one guy was murdered because he was doing yard work, and nobody was even shot at the grocery store... this time... so like, what's the big deal?

Just noting there seems to be a very specific theme to the events linked.  Wonder if there is any other one off murders going on around the the US lately?  Maybe instead of a leaf blower, we get a scuffed shoe in a club, or is that no longer en vogue?  Maybe some dissrepek?

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Just noting there seems to be a very specific theme to the events linked.  Wonder if there is any other one off murders going on around the the US lately?  Maybe instead of a leaf blower, we get a scuffed shoe in a club, or is that no longer en vogue?  Maybe some dissrepek?

The theme is guns are stupid and should be more heavily regulated because we as a society are far too dumb in general to wield them.

Edited by dieucla98
Using the word stupid twice in a sentence proclaiming stupidity seemed stupid.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/25/2023 at 1:59 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Had a contractor at my house a year ago that was comfortable enough with my whiteness to share that he has his house in lampassass covered with cameras and lights because of all the “hoods from Killeen” that come down looking for stuff to steal. 

Who the fuck is driving 28 miles to Lampasas to hassle some rednecks?  No shortage of them locally.

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Two things: 

1) Police say a 79-year-old man has been charged with murder for allegedly fatally shooting his neighbor, who was performing yard work, in the head near Antioch.   Did a middle schooler write this?  

2) What time was it?  

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Two things: 

1) Police say a 79-year-old man has been charged with murder for allegedly fatally shooting his neighbor, who was performing yard work, in the head near Antioch.   Did a middle schooler write this?  

2) What time was it?  

According to the first paragraph of the article that was linked, the call to the police came in at 7:40 p.m., so presumably shortly before that.

17 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Well it was either this thread, the gun laws thread, or start a new thread.  Gun laws didn't seem to be the right thread and I figured we don't need three gun violence threads, so I chose this one.  Are you incensed? 

Nope. Just going to be a very, very long thread. 

Great empires always fall. Unless there is an outright invasion, which isn't happening here, the decline is gradual and the inhabitants of the society don't notice much for years until the little difference start to pile up and life is worse than it used to be. 

This is the fall of the American empire. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

From March For Our Lives:

Parents of the children killed in Uvalde are at the Texas State Legislature RIGHT NOW and are asking the legislature to bring House Bill 2744 to a vote, which would raise the minimum age to purchase a semi-automatic gun from 18 to 21. One Uvalde parent said they were told, “Not Now, Not Ever.”

Now Representative Ryan Guillen, who chairs the committee that governs safety, is refusing to even meet with the family members. That’s unacceptable.

We need your help: Can you call Rep. Guillen’s office and demand that they meet with Uvalde parents, and bring this common-sense bill to raise the minimum age to purchase a semi-automatic gun to a vote? We even wrote a quick script for you!

CALL: 512-463-0416, Rep. Ryan Guillen’s Office

“Hi, my name is [YOUR NAME] and I’m a Texas resident. I’m calling to support the families of Uvalde victims who have been trying to meet with Representative Guillen to ask him to bring House Bill 2744 to a vote. All Texans were absolutely horrified by what happened in Uvalde last year. I’m sure Representative Guillen was too. The Uvalde families deserve action to prevent this from ever happening again, so that no parent has to bury their child because of a gun in Texas. Will Representative Guillen please, please meet with the Uvalde families and bring House Bill 2744 to a vote so that people who aren’t even old enough to purchase alcohol can’t access deadly weapons that can kill dozens in minutes?”

Monday of this week a freshman shot himself with a gun in the hall of a Texas high school. Wednesday he finally died.

In the 90s that kind of thing made Pearl Jam write a song about you. Today it barely made the local news a few towns away, and hardly anyone farther than 50 miles away heard about it.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

22 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Well it was either this thread, the gun laws thread, or start a new thread.  Gun laws didn't seem to be the right thread and I figured we don't need three gun violence threads, so I chose this one.  Are you incensed? 

Triggered.  The word you are looking for is triggered.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hawndoh said:

Monday of this week a freshman shot himself with a gun in the hall of a Texas high school. Wednesday he finally died.

In the 90s that kind of thing made Pearl Jam write a song about you. Today it barely made the local news a few towns away, and hardly anyone farther than 50 miles away heard about it.

What does it mean when my first thought was, “at least he just killed himself.”

• Hook 'Em 1