Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

The Deacon actually compared CR to TexAgs over on the gun thread. This coming from a guy who shares common viewpoints with the TexAgs posters and had to change his username due to all of the bigoted things he posted under his prior username. Remarkable lack of self awareness. 

He is a dipshit of the highest order.

I see you fatty, doing an Ana impression of both sides.

I bet the group DM for all y’all is texaggy level shit.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

Checking in here as a gun owner and supporter of the 2nd amendment…. To a point. For a long time I agreed with the argument that we should not ban assault weapons because of mass shootings because the criminal would find a way to hurt people. Then I became a father. And these shootings kept happening. With even more frequency. And I evolved. Now I say unequivocally, it’s time to ban assault weapons. 

These have gotten harder since I became a father. I haven't told my wife about Allen, and I'm not sure she knows. We don't watch much TV these days and her social media exposure pretty much consists of Instagram shit about raising kids. She is already discussing moving to another country before our son starts school. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm a lawyer, so even moving to a different state is complicated. Another country is virtually impossible. Am I just supposed to send my wife and son out into the world and hope their number doesn't get called? 

Maybe I'm just exhausted, but It's time to take all the fucking guns. I'd rather have a dozen Wacos or Ruby Ridges as the feds round up the weapons than one more  Allen, Uvalde, Parkland, Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc. For the "I-need-my-gun-to-stand-against-tyranny" crowd, I say here's your chance motherfuckers good luck. I honestly don't give two shits if that means a lawful gunowner can't enjoy his or her hobby. Take up golf. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

I keep going back to this horrendous video Ted Cruz made when he was running for President in 2016.  "Machine gun"  bacon?  Anybody want to tell Ted that his cute little AR-15 isn't a machine gun?

Pledging right now that when this douchebag dies, I am going to shit on his grave.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, royiv said:

The Deacon actually compared CR to TexAgs over on the gun thread. This coming from a guy who shares common viewpoints with the TexAgs posters and had to change his username due to all of the bigoted things he posted under his prior username. Remarkable lack of self awareness. 

Could you link that post? Wow. 

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

IMG_1621.thumb.jpeg.7e990dc78eb901e261f566f0b7317203.jpeg

This is a good point so I rewrote this so maybe "conservatives" will start giving a shit.

On May 24, 2022 in Uvalde, TX a 18yr old walked into Robb Elementary School and performed 21 POST BIRTH ABORTIONS!

On April 11, 2023 in Houston TX, a man interrupted his date to perform a POST BIRTH ABORTION!

On April 18, 2023 in Cleveland, TX   5 POST BIRTH FETUSES WERE ABORTIONED by a neighbor because a post birth  fetus could not sleep!

On May 6, 2023 in Allen, TX, 8 post birth fetuses were ABORTED while shopping at an outlet mall!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, bluto said:

Bygod modern day MLK of gun reform, so bold. He’s gonna get primaried so fucking hard. 0D5966DA-49FB-45BC-A58B-75F177E352E7.thumb.png.0479fa80e9dfaa7421214a39f17c4a9c.png

Well, that's just depressing. These guys are all scared shitless to upset a very vocal segment of their constituents. Or, more likely, the people who send them checks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

“Christianity” in this country is a deadly joke. Just like the dickheads in the gun owners thread, until y’all can start helping with a solution and stop hiding behind constitutionality, fuck off. That goes for “christians” too. Everyone of y’all that consider yourself a follower of Christ but does nothing to bring the hideous and hateful bullshit your brothers in Christ foist upon the rest of us, fuck yourself too.

I have to agree. In his sermon on Sunday that dealt with gun violence in general and Allen in particular, the pastor declared silence and inaction in the face of gun violence to be sin and tantamount to compliance.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Ironic since his opinions would be applauded on Texags.

Whatever you want to call the right (fascists, Christian Nationalists, white supremacists, etc.), it just as easy to refer to them as aggy.

The "struggle" some folks are having with this shooter being a non-white Nazi is the same struggle that they've realized, outside of sports, they share the aggy worldview. They are aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

TexAgs is terrible, but I very briefly popped over to Tigerdroppings Poli board, and there were many of them actually complaining that the mods at TexAgs were TOO WOKE!

Both of these sites reflect how hatred and ignorance can be affirmed and reinforced by creating safe places to practice your craft without progressive interference. The hilarious part is the way the pose questions to “liberals” knowing full well that all of them have been purged from those sites.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, royiv said:

That's some really fucked up shit that we need this type of education just so a vocal minority can have unrestricted access to their toys. 

But some people on this website are little pussies that need a gun to get some lunch. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

TexAgs is terrible, but I very briefly popped over to Tigerdroppings Poli board, and there were many of them actually complaining that the mods at TexAgs were TOO WOKE!

I've seen chin pussy Looch post things pro-D on there, and you'd have thought he was getting run off his board.  I dont follow their poli board, but there are screenshots floating.  And I'm talking down the center D, not progressive stuff.  They are still pissed about losing the Q thread too.  Or were.    I can't imagine tigerdroppings being worse than Txags. 

4 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

These have gotten harder since I became a father. I haven't told my wife about Allen, and I'm not sure she knows. We don't watch much TV these days and her social media exposure pretty much consists of Instagram shit about raising kids. She is already discussing moving to another country before our son starts school. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm a lawyer, so even moving to a different state is complicated. Another country is virtually impossible. Am I just supposed to send my wife and son out into the world and hope their number doesn't get called? 

Maybe I'm just exhausted, but It's time to take all the fucking guns. I'd rather have a dozen Wacos or Ruby Ridges as the feds round up the weapons than one more  Allen, Uvalde, Parkland, Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc. For the "I-need-my-gun-to-stand-against-tyranny" crowd, I say here's your chance motherfuckers good luck. I honestly don't give two shits if that means a lawful gunowner can't enjoy his or her hobby. Take up golf. 

The psychic weight of non stop gun violence has taken a toll on all of us. I started tripping at Market Street recently thinking how easy it would be for a shooter to walk in a pick me off at the self check out. It’s hard to feel liberated or truly free in this environment.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

btw i read these words in person from old TJ today. it's like he thought we could evolve and adapt or something. wonder what he'd think of our Murder Dildo Cult today. 

20230509_125607.thumb.jpg.05b2a437a30c37d8399de9bc043d21ef.jpg

nah, this is cool...

jon-stewart-daily-show.gif.8d68988d616887ce4f3adcb1aa52b8d5.gif

The preceding text from TJ was just as important and relevant today. 

Some men look at Constitutions with sanctimonious reverence, & deem them, like the ark of the covenant, too sacred to be touched. they ascribe to the men of the preceding age a wisdom more than human, and suppose what they did to be beyond amendment. I knew that age well: I belonged to it, and labored with it. it deserved well of it’s country. it was very like the present, but without the experience of the present: and 40. years of experience in government is worth a century of book-reading: and this they would say themselves, were they to rise from the dead.”

https://tjrs.monticello.org/letter/1384

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mchookem said:

btw i read these words in person from old TJ today. it's like he thought we could evolve and adapt or something. wonder what he'd think of our Murder Dildo Cult today. 

20230509_125607.thumb.jpg.05b2a437a30c37d8399de9bc043d21ef.jpg

nah, this is cool...

jon-stewart-daily-show.gif.8d68988d616887ce4f3adcb1aa52b8d5.gif

I mean, this should really kill the originality argument about anything dead in its tracks, no?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stilicho said:

Whatever you want to call the right (fascists, Christian Nationalists, white supremacists, etc.), it just as easy to refer to them as aggy.

The "struggle" some folks are having with this shooter being a non-white Nazi is the same struggle that they've realized, outside of sports, they share the aggy worldview. They are aggy.

It's pretty simple: if you vote Republican, you are aggy.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

My wife and I moved from Texas back to my home state of Georgia in 2015 and then had our daughter a year and a half later, all with the plan to try and get closer with my family. We made the decision last year to move somewhere pretty far away. Most of the reasons are because of interpersonal issues like my wife made her aging mother move in with us at the start of COVID and was diagnosed with Alzheimer's with Lewy Body features and passing away last year (my wife was so close with her mother but refused to leave Fresno until she had fairly advanced dementia), as well as my parents really not doing much to help us out at all raising our daughter (she's almost six now and my wife and I haven't ever had a night alone together, one of us has always been with our daughter).

Georgia is doing 80-90% of the shit that Texas's and Florida's GOP controlled legislature are enacting but without the media fanfare. Even with our Presidential and Senate elections flipping the GOP still easily controls our state legislature because of intense gerrymandering. If this weren't happening I'd probably not be so keen to leave, but that's not the case and it only looks like White Christion Nationalism is going to keep being enshrined legally. So around summer of last year, after my wife's mother passed, we very strongly considered Canada (liked talked to two separate immigration consultants and took separate trips to Toronto and Hamilton to evaluate housing) as my company has a huge Canadian employee base mostly in Ontario. They were going to be able to sponsor us through CUSMA and my wife would get a work-permit after we moved.

Because of my wife's work permit being completely tied to me first and the fact that British Columbia and Ontario (you know, the provinces you'd probably move to) make anyone who isn't a permanent resident pay an extra 20% on a home purchase to combat foreign investors from snatching crap up, we decided to stay in the US but move to a much more progressive state, one where hopefully reproductive rights wouldn't be basically abolished and one where being gay or trans would basically become criminalized. We debated between Washington and Oregon and landed on Oregon after my wife's LCSW license was accepted there (WA wasn't going to be as easy). We're really going to miss our neighbors, the younger ones of which have kids closer to our daughter's age and are more progressive than the white boomers who mostly eat up Tucker Carlson's talking points. 

We'll be in the Portland area, in a pretty nice area, but I realize we're trading the culture war problems of the South with a lot of the homeless and petty crime that's plaguing much of the PNW, but I'd still much rather deal with that than living in a state where you can't get an abortion after six weeks, can't teach about the history of racism in schools, and have to deal with unhinged RWNJs who are allowed to conceal carry without a permit.

Godspeed. I'd like to do the same at some point but we're kind of tied in to Dallas due to my wife's relationship with her in-laws as they move into their late 70's. I've got one kid about to be a senior in HS and another who is a freshman. Once they're both out of HS, it makes it easier for us to consider leaving too.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Godspeed. I'd like to do the same at some point but we're kind of tied in to Dallas due to my wife's relationship with her in-laws as they move into their late 70's. I've got one kid about to be a senior in HS and another who is a freshman. Once they're both out of HS, it makes it easier for us to consider leaving too.

I understand, if our daughter was several years older it would probably be a lot more difficult. Thankfully she is still fairly young and extremely extroverted compared to me and my wife and can adapt to a big change easier right now.

My mother is in bad shape physically but not quite on death's door. My dad is her caregiver, but he's so incredibly stubborn that he's refusing to make the big changes now that will make their lives easier when she really becomes debilitated over the next few years, like outright refusing to have us pay for a geriatric care manager. I just went through some very rough shit with my MIL and my BIL suddenly fighting every decision my wife was making despite never coming to really see her. I feel guilty about moving almost 3000 miles away but I just don't have the patience and energy with a young kid right now to push my dad to get them out of their house. I was more or less a single dad for my daughter for most of 2020-2022 while my wife cared for her mother then battled severe depression after her death, I'm emotionally tapped out for a while.

Sorry for the look-at-me venting, but it's been a shitty two and a half years and my wife and I are basically ready to start a new and hopefully different chapter in our lives.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, GSU&UT said:

I understand, if our daughter was several years older it would probably be a lot more difficult. Thankfully she is still fairly young and extremely extroverted compared to me and my wife and can adapt to a big change easier right now.

My mother is in bad shape physically but not quite on death's door. My dad is her caregiver, but he's so incredibly stubborn that he's refusing to make the big changes now that will make their lives easier when she really becomes debilitated over the next few years, like outright refusing to have us pay for a geriatric care manager. I just went through some very rough shit with my MIL and my BIL suddenly fighting every decision my wife was making despite never coming to really see her. I feel guilty about moving almost 3000 miles away but I just don't have the patience and energy with a young kid right now to push my dad to get them out of their house. I was more or less a single dad for my daughter for most of 2020-2022 while my wife cared for her mother then battled severe depression after her death, I'm emotionally tapped out for a while.

Sorry for the look-at-me venting, but it's been a shitty two and a half years and my wife and I are basically ready to start a new and hopefully different chapter in our lives.

Take care of yourself. Do what’s best for you now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

“It was a gang hit gone bad.”

”What do you want to do to keep guns away from them?”

”Well, nothing.”

America:

You can’t stop someone who’s intent on breaking the law. 
If you pass stricter gun laws they’d break those too.

And plus there’s already so many guns out there that any law would only hurt law abiding people and THEN we’d be sitting ducks.

At least now you can defend yourself.

Can you imagine how many more people this guy would have killed if he didn’t have to worry about the possibility of one other person having a gun too?

This Allen shooting is close to where I live and while I haven’t gone there in years it’s somewhere my wife and used to go to wander around at an outdoor mall.  So where were all the “good guns” when this happened.  I mean all these good guys have their second amendment rights and own dozens of guns each.  They have to have the right to open carry so they can protect themselves yet they never seem to be where these mass shooters are like Allen or that Walmart in El Paso.  Texas should pass a law that any person that is at the scene of one of these horrific mass shootings and had a gun but did nothing should get 10 years in prison no questions asked.  Yeah I know the logical solution is to take these type of guns away from everyone but since the 2nd amendment crowd won’t let that happen then they should start being on the hook for these shootings also.  When they occurs the police should detain every person at the location, search them for a gun and if they have one throw them in prison for not doing their 2nd amendment duty of defending innocent people. 

6 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

This Allen shooting is close to where I live and while I haven’t gone there in years it’s somewhere my wife and used to go to wander around at an outdoor mall.  So where were all the “good guns” when this happened.  I mean all these good guys have their second amendment rights and own dozens of guns each.  They have to have the right to open carry so they can protect themselves yet they never seem to be where these mass shooters are like Allen or that Walmart in El Paso.  Texas should pass a law that any person that is at the scene of one of these horrific mass shootings and had a gun but did nothing should get 10 years in prison no questions asked.  Yeah I know the logical solution is to take these type of guns away from everyone but since the 2nd amendment crowd won’t let that happen then they should start being on the hook for these shootings also.  When they occurs the police should detain every person at the location, search them for a gun and if they have one throw them in prison for not doing their 2nd amendment duty of defending innocent people. 

Unless you’re walking around in body armor with an assault weapon yourself, you and your concealed handgun are probably better off running for your life and only drawing your weapon as a last resort if you get cornered. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Unless you’re walking around in body armor with an assault weapon yourself, you and your concealed handgun are probably better off running for your life and only drawing your weapon as a last resort if you get cornered. 

I totally understand that but that’s the price you pay for getting to have your toys on you.  I know the real answer is to ban these type of weapons along with some other changes in gun laws like back ground check and gun sale rules along with mental health issues.  It probably won’t stop every single last mass shooting but if you enact those things and it doesn’t cut the mass shootings way down I would be shocked.  

Also, fuck the second amendment folks out there that hide behind that amendment and let this shit happen over and over again.  Every day my son goes to high school I am terrified of a mass shooting happening at his school and him being a victim.  We as a people shouldn’t have to live like this.  All my parents had to worry about when I was in high school was me ditching class and going to the beach to smoke weed and get a tan.  I wish I had the same worries about my son.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/10/2023 at 7:31 AM, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Every day my son goes to high school I am terrified of a mass shooting happening at his school and him being a victim.  We as a people shouldn’t have to live like this.  All my parents had to worry about when I was in high school was me ditching class and going to the beach to smoke weed and get a tan.  I wish I had the same worries about my son.

This can't be overemphasized. Every single day I think about Uvalde when I send my kid to school. I thought about it yesterday. I thought about it today. I'll think about it tomorrow. And there's an entire generation that's living in that shit.

I'm volunteering at field day today and I'm legit thinking about what would I do if I'm in the open field with these kids and there's a shooter. That's so amazingly fucked up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

^

Had the same experience setting up for Field Day two weeks ago.  Our elementary campus is heavily wooded on two sides where we set up some obstacle course stuff.  And as such we had an active lockdown when a shady fucker was seen in the treeline awhile back.  And they have active shooter drills every 9 weeks, plus a bus shooter drill.  Plus I just found out about the hidden handguns at our church/preschool.  And my daughter took some friends to the mall for her birthday a couple weeks ago before Allen and didn't occur to me, but from now on I have to put her through a "find your nearest exit/hiding place" drill next time. 

And 51% of this state thinks that is just fine to put small children through so that you and I can hunt.  And their biggest threat to their sanity is a single library book.   

But to even question any of this obviously means I am categorically coming for all your guns and erasing the 2nd Amendment.  Fucking children...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1