Mass Shootings

Nice Guy Eddie

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You mean things that are very highly regulated or outright illegal?

More highly regulated than firearms?  How, specifically?    They are literally regulated by the same fucking agency.  I don’t recall getting a bottle the govt thinks I shouldn’t own by sending them a tax stamp and some fingerprints    That kind of thing?

And the other being the thing this board gets hard over legalizing?   It usually sounds like wah wah war drugs wah wah but what about Uruguay wah. I’m certain you yourself have participated in the apropos thread(s). 

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Lol. Other than our recreational hobbies, I don’t have much in common with Sack. We probably vote similarly, but I don’t pay rats to fuck.  But I understand your insult. Maybe someday someone will try and convince half the country to end fly fishing, your passion, and you’ll have something to stand against. 

No one will ever try to do that because no one has ever used a fly-fishing rod to murder dozens of children in their classroom. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

You will never convince someone to change their beliefs based on arguments of reason. Your only hope is they come to that conclusion on their own, or they succumb to the laws of Darwinism or Karma. 

This is nonsense. Minds are changed all the time.   Maybe we’ll have statistics soon showing how 90% of gun deaths are children* and we’ll melt them all down.  I guess that’s also Darwinism, so perhaps you are correct. 

*children ages 0-75 years of age. 

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

No one will ever try to do that because no one has ever used a fly-fishing rod to murder dozens of children in their classroom. 

This is true. My only hope is if they are eventually banned, ever hunter from 10 surrounding states floods the rivers where he finds his peace, attempting to learn to fly fish.   

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

WTF are you so wound up about AR-15s if your real thing is hunting and shooting clays? You realize that people hunted and shot clays ALL through the dark days of the Brady Bill era? I mean, I did.

More people, actually, if going by  share of people hunting as a hobby. That number is falling off a cliff. 

Go join Ducks Unlimited or some shit. Hunting’s biggest enemy is a lack of interest and a loss of wild spaces. No one’s coming for your bird guns. 

None of this is about hunting or trap shooting and you fucking know it. 

Well one would be the $$ I have in them. Second, my little ones use them when hunting. After that, I don’t give too much of a fuck except it’ll be the first of several more to come.  Next will be any other SA, after that anything with capacity over 6, and the list will continue.  The sick will find a new weapon to terrorize us with, just like they did before social media and 24 hour news convinced you this was a new phenomenon. 

I’ve been a member and donor to all the usual hunting orgs my entire adult life, but thanks for the heads up. 

• Fuck You 1

41 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Look, I can appreciate the attempt to swindle the vote with their revised stats.  Where’s an aggy to tell us what year they really started trying, and that the series is more 50/50 than you’d believe?   But I don’t want to hear anymore about the right using irrational fear and sketchy picked stats to get what they want out of the populace.  

“Oh fuck, a bunch of kids just got slaughtered by a lunatic with guns again.”

”Oh fuck, they’re hosting an event where guys get dressed up in make up and wigs and prance around a stage having fun and making people laugh.”

Tell me more about irrational fears.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Imagine being so sick in the head that you don’t believe we have a gun violence problem in this country.

Imagine seeing the host of problems this country has and thinking this might be the one that “we don’t survive”.   

• Fuck You 2

@Brisketexan Nice work with breaking down shooting statistics by county. I wonder if there is similar breakdown by electoral vote. I don't have the skills to figure that out, but I think it might augment the value of the numbers you found.

@fattyflattie You flit from argument perspective to argument perspective to avoid facing the consequences of staying in a single stream of logic and evidence. You're getting thoroughly thrashed on this thread. You seem to have based your hope on ultimate victory by outlasting everyone. That's no strategy. Either concede the obvious or at least abandon a hopeless position.

The most polite thing to call the arguments below is specious.

• Gun deaths aren't so bad if most of them are suicides.
  • Gun deaths happen in gun controlled places therefore gun control leads to more gun murders.
  • I'm not passionate about protecting the rate of gun deaths; I'm passionate about the value of hobbies that are long standing in my family.
  • Taking de facto machine guns out of the hands of their owners is a slippery slope where we'll only be able to own guns that hold 6 rounds! (So?)

The towel. Toss it in.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

We are shithole country because YOUR people have:

Refuse to deal with health care
Have destroyed public education
Have catered to the fossil fuel industry
Promoted white man supremacy
Allowed the craziest of religious freaks to have a voice
Have fallen hook line and sinker for Russian propaganda
Keep buying from every snake oil salesman
Became traitors to the country that they “love”
Refused to consider any solution to the gun problem
Elected fucking Ted Cruz and Donald Trump (lol)

Two one hundredths deducted for not using bullets. Still, gold medal!

36 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

@Brisketexan Nice work with breaking down shooting statistics by county. I wonder if there is similar breakdown by electoral vote. I don't have the skills to figure that out, but I think it might augment the value of the numbers you found.

@fattyflattie You flit from argument perspective to argument perspective to avoid facing the consequences of staying in a single stream of logic and evidence. You're getting thoroughly thrashed on this thread. You seem to have based your hope on ultimate victory by outlasting everyone. That's no strategy. Either concede the obvious or at least abandon a hopeless position.

The most polite thing to call the arguments below is specious.

• Gun deaths aren't so bad if most of them are suicides.
  • Gun deaths happen in gun controlled places therefore gun control leads to more gun murders.
  • I'm not passionate about protecting the rate of gun deaths; I'm passionate about the value of hobbies that are long standing in my family.
  • Taking de facto machine guns out of the hands of their owners is a slippery slope where we'll only be able to own guns that hold 6 rounds! (So?)

The towel. Toss it in.

I’d have to disagree.  While most of those bulleted points were discussed, they were with several posters over the course of a few pages and dozens of posts.  And some are not true from my point of view, but may be from yours.   Further, the only thrashing occurring is non-sensical gun laws by this court.  

My rep takes a thrashing from the usual suspects, and is immediately replenished in the hobbies threads.  Irony defined. 

• Fuck You 1

48 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

Just some of the Americans that, in fact, did not survive:

Cassie Bernall, 17; Steven Curnow, 14; Corey DePooter, 17; Kelly Fleming, 16; Matthew Kechter, 16; Daniel Mauser, 15; Daniel Rohrbough, 15; William “Dave” Sanders, 47; Rachel Scott, 17; Isaiah Shoels, 18; John Tomlin, 16; Lauren Townsend, 18; Kyle Velasquez, 16; Jennifer Bragg Capobianco, 29; Janice Hagerty, 46; Louis “Sandy” Javelle, 58; Rose Manfredi, 48; Paul Marceau, 36; Cheryl Troy, 50; Craig Wood, 29; Derrick Brun, 28; Dewayne Lewis, 15; Chase Lussier, 15; Daryl Lussier, 58; Neva Rogers, 62; Chanelle Rosebear, 15; Michelle Sigana, 32; Thurlene Stillday, 15; Alicia White, 15; Naomi Ebersol, 7; Marian Stoltzfus Fisher, 13; Lena Zook Miller, 7; Mary Liz Miller, 8; Anna Mae Stoltzfus, 12; Ross Abdallah Alameddine, 20; Christopher James “Jamie” Bishop, 35; Brian Bluhm, 25; Ryan Clark, 22; Austin Cloyd, 18; Jocelyne Couture-Nowak, 49; Daniel Perez Cueva, 21; Kevin Granata, 46; Matthew G. Gwaltney, 24; Caitlin Hammaren, 19; Jeremy Herbstritt, 27; Rachael Elizabeth Hill, 18; Emily Hilscher, 19; Jarrett Lane, 22; Matthew J. La Porte, 20; Henry Lee, 20; Liviu Librescu, 76; G.V. Loganathan, 51; Partahi Lumbantoruan, 34; Lauren McCain, 20; Daniel O’Neil, 22; Juan Ramon Ortiz, 26; Minal Panchal, 26; Erin Peterson, 18; Michael Pohle, 23; Julia Pryde, 23; Mary Read, 19; Reema Samaha, 18; Waleed Shaalan, 32; Leslie Sherman, 20; Maxine Turner, 22; Nicole R. White, 20;  Beverly Flynn, 47; Janet Jorgensen, 66; Gary Joy, 56; John McDonald, 65; Gary Scharf, 48; Angie Schuster, 36; Dianne Trent, 53; Maggie Webb, 24; Beverly Flynn, 47; Janet Jorgensen, 66; Gary Joy, 56; John McDonald, 65; Gary Scharf, 48; Angie Schuster, 36; Dianne Trent, 53; Maggie Webb, 24; Parveen Nln Ali, 26; Almir O. Alves, 43; Marc Henry Bernard, 44; Maria Sonia Bernard, 46; Hai Hong Zhong, 54; Hong Xiu Mao, 35; Jiang Ling, 22; Layla Khalil, 57; Roberta King, 72; Lan Ho, 39; Li Guo, 47; Dolores Yigal, 53; Maria Zobniw, 60; Michael Grant Cahill, 62; Libardo Eduardo Caraveo, 52; Justin Michael DeCrow, 32; John P. Gaffaney, 56; Frederick Greene, 29; Jason Dean Hunt, 22; Amy S. Krueger, 29; Aaron Thomas Nemelka, 19; Michael S. Pearson, 22; Russell Seager, 51; Francheska Velez, 21; Juanita L. Warman, 55; Kham See Xiong, 23; Christina Taylor Green, 9; Dorothy Morris, 76; John M. Roll, 63; Phyllis Schneck, 79; Dorwan Stoddard, 76; Gabriel Zimmerman, 30; Demetrius Hewlin, 16; Russell King, Jr., 17; Daniel Parmertor, 16; Tshering Rinzing Bhutia, 38; Doris Chibuko, 40; Sonam Choedon, 33; Grace Eunhea Kim, 23; Katleen Ping, 24; Judith O. Seymour, 53; Lydia Sim, 21; Jonathan Blunk, 26; A.J. Boik, 18; Jesse Childress, 29; Gordon W. Cowden, 51; Jessica Ghawi, 24; John Thomas Larimer, 27; Matthew McQuinn, 27; Micayla Medek, 23; Veronica Moser-Sullivan, 6; Alex Matthew Sullivan, 27; Alexander Teves, 24; Rebecca Ann Wingo, 32; Satwant Singh Kaleka, 65; Suveg Singh Khattra, 84; Paramjit Kaur, 41; Prakash Singh, 39; Ranjit Singh, 49; Sita Singh, 41; Charlotte Bacon, 6; Daniel Barden, 7; Rachel D’Avino, 29; Olivia Engel, 6; Josephine Gay, 7; Dylan Hockley, 6; Dawn Hochsprung, 47; Madeleine F. Hsu, 6; Catherine V. Hubbard, 6; Chase Kowalski, 7; Jesse Lewis, 6; Ana G. Marquez-Greene, 6; James Mattioli, 6; Grace McDonnell, 7; Anne Marie Murphy, 52; Emilie Parker, 6; Jack Pinto, 6; Noah Pozner, 6; Caroline Previdi, 6; Jessica Rekos, 6; Avielle Richman, 6; Lauren Russeau, 30; Mary Sherlach, 56; Victoria Soto, 27; Benjamin Wheeler, 6; Allison N. Wyatt, 6; Michael Arnold, 59; Martin Bodrog, 54; Arthur Daniels, 51; Sylvia Frasier, 53; Kathy Gaarde, 62; John Roger Johnson, 73; Mary Frances DeLorenzo Knight, 51; Frank Kohler, 51; Vishnu Bhalchandra Pandit, 61; Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46; Gerald Read, 58; Richard Michael Ridgell, 52; Sharonda Coleman-Singleton, 45; DePayne V. Middleton Doctor, 49; Cynthia Graham Hurd, 54; Susie Jackson, 87; Ethel Lee Lance, 70; Clementa C. Pinckney, 41; Tywanza Sanders, 26; Daniel Simmons, 74; Myra Thompson, 59; Carson A. Holmquist, 25; Randall Smith, 26; Thomas J. Sullivan, 40; Squire K. “Skip” Wells, 21; David A. Wyatt, 35; Lucero Alcaraz, 19; Treven Taylor Anspach, 20; Rebecka Ann Carnes, 18; Quinn Glen Cooper, 18; Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59; Lucas Eibel, 18; Jason Dale Johnson, 33; Lawrence Levine, 67; Sarena Dawn Moore, 44; Robert Adams, 40; Isaac Amanios, 60; Bennetta Betbadal, 46; Harry Bowman, 46; Sierra Clayborn, 27; Juan Espinoza, 50; Aurora Godoy, 26; Shannon Johnson, 45; Larry Daniel Kaufman, 42; Damian Meins, 58; Tin Nguyen, 31; Nicholas Thalasinos, 52; Yvette Velasco, 27; Michael Raymond Wetzel, 37; Stanley Almodovar III, 23; Amanda L. Alvear, 25; Oscar A. Aracena Montero, 26; Rodolfo Ayala Ayala, 33; Antonio Davon Brown, 29; Darryl Roman Burt II, 29; Angel Candelario-Padro, 28; Juan Chavez Martinez, 25; Luis Daniel Conde, 39; Cory James Connell, 21; Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25; Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32; Simón Adrian Carrillo Fernández, 31; Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25; Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26; Peter Ommy Gonzalez Cruz, 22; Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22; Paul Terrell Henry, 41; Frank Hernandez, 27; Miguel Angel Honorato, 30; Javier Jorge Reyes, 40; Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19; Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30; Anthony Luis Laureano Disla, 25; Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32; Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21; Brenda Marquez McCool, 49; Gilberto R. Silva Menendez, 25; Kimberly Jean Morris, 37; Akyra Monet Murray, 18; Luis Omar Ocasio Capo, 20; Geraldo A. Ortiz Jimenez, 25; Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36; Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32; Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35; Enrique L. Rios Jr., 25; Jean Carlos Nieves Rodríguez, 27; Xavier Emmanuel Serrano-Rosado, 35; Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz, 24; Yilmary Rodríguez Solivan, 24; Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34; Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33; Martin Benitez Torres, 33; Jonathan A. Camuy Vega, 24; Juan Pablo Rivera Velázquez, 37; Luis Sergio Vielma, 22; Franky Jimmy DeJesus Velázquez, 50; Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37; Jerald Arthur Wright, 31; Mary Louise Amzibel, 69; Terry Andres, 62; Michael Oehme, 57; Shirley Timmons, 70; Olga Woltering, 84; Kevin Clark, 53; Kevin Lawson, 46; Brenda Montanez-Crespo, 44; Jeffrey Roberts, 57; Robert Snyder, 69; Hannah Ahlers, 34; Heather Alvarado, 35; Dorene Anderson, 49; Carrie Barnette, 34; Jack Beaton, 54; Stephen Berger, 44; Candice Bowers, 40; Denise Burditus, 50; Sandy Casey, 35; Andrea Castilla, 28; Denise Cohen, 58; Austin Davis, 29; Thomas Day Jr., 54; Christiana Duarte, 22; Stacee Rodrigues Etcheber, 50; Brian Fraser, 39; Keri Galvan, 31; Dana Gardner, 52; Angela Gomez, 20; Charleston Hartfield, 34; Christopher Hazencomb, 44; Jennifer Topaz Irvine, 42; Teresa Nicol Kimura, 38; Jessica Klymchuk, 34; Carly Kreibaum, 33; Rhonda LeRocque, 42; Victor Link, 55; Jordan McIldoon, 23; Kelsey Breanne Meadows, 28; Calla-Marie Medig, 28; Sonny Melton, 29; Patricia Mestas, 67; Austin Meyer, 24; Adrian Murfitt, 35; Rachael Parker, 33; Jennifer Parks, 36; Carolyn Parsons, 31; Lisa Patterson, 46; John Phippen, 56; Melissa Ramirez, 26; Jordyn Rivera, 21; Quinton Robbins, 20; Cameron Robinson, 28; Rocio Guillen Rocha, 40; Tara Roe, 34; Lisa Romero-Muniz, 48; Christopher Roybal, 28; Brett Schwanbeck, 61; Bailey Schweitzer, 20; Laura Shipp, 50; Erick Silva, 21; Susan Smith, 53; Brennan Stewart, 30; Derrick Taylor, 56; Neysa Tonks, 46; Michelle Vo, 32; Kurt Von Tillow, 55; Bill Wolfe Jr., 42; Keith Allen Braden, 62; Robert Michael Corrigan, 51; Shani Louise Corrigan, 51; Emily Garcia, 7; Emily Rose Hill, 11; Gregory Lynn Hill, 13; Megan Gail Hill, 9; Crystal Marie Holcombe, 36; John Bryan Holcombe, 60; Karla Plain Holcombe, 58; Marc Daniel Holcombe, 36; Noah Holcombe, 1; Dennis Neil Johnson, 77; Sara Johns Johnson, 68; Haley Krueger, 16; Robert Scott Marshall, 56; Karen Sue Marshall, 56; Tara E. McNulty, 33; Annabelle Renae Pomeroy, 14; Ricardo Cardona Rodriguez, 64; Therese Sagan Rodriguez, 66; Brooke Bryanne Ward, 5; Joann Lookingbill Ward, 30; Peggy Lynn Warden, 56; Lula Woicinski White, 71; Alyssa Alhadeff, 14; Scott Beigel, 35; Martin Duque, 14; Nicholas Dworet, 17; Aaron Feis, 37; Jaime Guttenberg, 14; Chris Hixon, 49; Luke Hoyer, 15; Cara Loughran, 14; Gina Montalto, 14; Joaquin Oliver, 17; Alaina Petty, 14; Meadow Pollack, 18; Helena Ramsay, 17; Alex Schachter, 14; Carmen Schentrup, 16; Peter Wang, 15; Jared Black, 17; Shana Fisher, 16; Christian Riley Garcia, 15; Aaron Kyle McLeod, 15; Glenda Ann Perkins, 64; Angelique Ramirez, 15; Sabika Sheikh, 17; Christopher Stone, 17; Cynthia Tisdale, 63; Kimberly Vaughan, 14; Gerald Fischman, 61; Rob Hiaasen, 59; John McNamara, 56; Rebecca Smith, 34; Wendi Winters, 65; Joyce Fienberg, 75; Richard Gottfried, 65; Rose Mallinger, 97; Jerry Rabinowitz, 66; Cecil Rosenthal, 59; David Rosenthal, 54; Bernice Simon, 84; Sylvan Simon, 86; Daniel Stein, 71; Melvin Wax, 87; Irving Younger, 69; Sean Adler, 48; Cody Coffman, 22; Blake Dingman, 21; Jake Dunham, 21; Ron Helus, 54; Alaina Housley, 18; Dan Manrique, 33; Justin Meek, 23; Mark Meza Jr., 20; Kristina Morisette, 20; Telemachus Orfanos, 27; Noel Sparks, 21; Debra Cook, 54; Marisol Lopez, 55; Jessica Montague, 31; Ana Piñon-Williams, 38; Cynthia Watson, 65; Russell Beyer, 47; Vicente Juarez, 54; Clayton Parks, 32; Josh Pinkard, 37; Trevor Wehner, 21; LaQuita C. Brown, 39; Ryan Keith Cox, 50; Tara Welch Gallagher, 39; Mary Louise Gayle, 65; Alexander Mikhail Gusev, 35; Joshua O. Hardy, 52; Michelle “Missy” Langer, 60; Richard H. Nettleton, 65; Katherine A. Nixon, 42; Christopher Kelly Rapp, 54; Herbert “Bert” Snelling, 57; Robert “Bobby” Williams, 72; Andre Anchondo, 24; Jordan Anchondo, 25; Arturo Benavides, 60; Leo Campos, 41; Angelina Englisbee, 86; Maria Flores, 77; Raul Flores, 83; Jorge Calvillo García, 61; Adolfo Cerros Hernández, 68; Maribel Hernández, 56; Alexander Gerhard Hoffman, 66; David Johnson, 63; Luis Juarez, 90; Maria Eugenia Legarreta, 58; Ivan Filiberto Manzano, 45; Gloria Irma Márquez, 61; Elsa Mendoza, 57; Margie Reckard, 63; Sara Esther Regalado, 66; Javier Amir Rodriguez, 15; Teresa Sanchez, 82; Juan de Dios Velázquez, 77; Rodolfo Julio Arco, 57; Kameron Karltess Brown, 30; Raul Garcia, 35; Mary Granados, 29; Joseph Griffith, 40; Leilah Hernandez, 15; Edwin Peregrino, 25; Mindy Ferencz, 33; Joseph Seals, 40; Douglas Miguel Rodriguez, 49; Moshe Deutsch, 24; Dale Hudson, 50; Gennady Levshetz, 61; Jesus Valle Jr., 33; Dana Walk, 57; Trevor Wetselaar, 33; Daoyou Feng, 44; Hyun Jung Grant, 51; Suncha Kim, 69; Paul Andre Michels, 54; Soon Chung Park, 74; Xiaojie Tan, 49; Delaina Ashley Yuan, 33; Yong Ae Yue, 63; Tralona Bartkowiak, 49; Suzanne Fountain, 59; Teri Leiker, 51; Kevin Mahoney, 61; Lynn Murray, 62; Rikki Olds, 25; Neven Stanisic, 23; Denny Stong, 20; Eric Talley, 51; Jody Waters, 65; Matthew Ross Alexander, 32; Samaria Blackwell, 19; Amarjeet Johal, 66; Jasvinder Kaur, 50; Jaswinder Singh, 68; Amarjit Sekhon, 48; Karli Smith, 19; John “Steve” Weisert, 74; Madisyn Baldwin, 17; Tate Myre, 16; Hana St. Juliana, 14; Justin Shilling, 17; Johntaya Alexander, 21; Melinda Davis, 57; Sergio Harris, 38; Joshua Hoye-Lucchesi, 32; Yamile Martinez-Andrade, 21; Devazia Turner, 29; Celestine Chaney, 65; Roberta Drury, 32; Andre Mackniel, 53; Katherine “Kat” Massey, 72; Margus D. Morrison, 52; Heyward Patterson, 67; Aaron Salter Jr., 55; Geraldine Talley, 62; Ruth Whitfield, 86; Pearl Young, 77; Nevaeh Bravo, 10; Jacklyn Cazares, 9; Makenna Lee Elrod, 10; Jose Flores, 10; Ellie Garcia, 9; Irma Garcia, 48; Uziyah Garcia, 10; Amerie Jo Garza, 10; Xavier Lopez, 10; Jayce Luevanos, 10; Tess Mata, 10; Maranda Mathis, 11; Eva Mireles, 44; Alithia Ramirez, 10; Annabell Rodriguez, 10; Maite Rodriguez, 10; Alexandria “Lexi” Rubio, 10; Layla Salazar, 10; Jailah Nicole Silguero, 10; Eliahana Cruz Torres, 10; Rojelio Torres, 10; Amanda Glenn, 40; Stephanie Husen, 48; William Love, 73; Preston Phillips, 59; Mark Allan Frey, 50; Charles Edward Minnick Jr., 31; Joshua Robert Wallace, 30; Jane Pounds, 84; Walter Rainey, 84; Sarah Yeager, 75; Katherine Goldstein, 64; Irina McCarthy, 35; Kevin McCarthy, 37; Stephen Straus, 88; Jacquelyn Sundheim, 63; Nicolas Toledo-Zaragoza, 78; Eduardo Uvaldo, 69; Victor Gomez, 30; Pedro Piñeda, 56; Rosa Mirian Rivera de Piñeda, 37; Nicole Connors, 52; Susan Karnatz, 49; Mary Marshall, 34; Gabriel Torres, 29; James Thompson, 16; Lavel Davis Jr., 20; Devin Chandler, 20; D’Sean Perry, 22; Daniel Aston, 28; Kelly Loving, 40; Ashley Green Paugh, 35; Derrick Rump, 38; Raymond Green Vance, 22; Fernando Chavez-Barron, 16; Randy Blevins, 70; Lorenzo Gamble, 43; Tyneka Johnson, 22; Brian Pendleton, 38; Kellie Pyle, 52; Valentino Marcos Alvero, 68; Hongying Jian, 62; Yu Lun Kao, 72; Lilan Li, 63; Ming Wei Ma, 72; My My Nhan, 65; Diana Man Ling Tom, 70; Muoi Dai Ung, 67; Chia Ling Yau, 76; Wen Tau Yu, 64; Xiujuan Yu, 57; Yetao Bing, 43; Qizhong Cheng, 66; Marciano Martinez Jimenez, 50; Zhishen Liu, 73; Jingzhi Lu, 64; Jose Romero Perez, 38; Aixiang Zhang, 74; Arielle Anderson, 19; Brian Fraser, 20; Alexandria Verner, 20; Evelyn Dieckhaus, 9; Mike Hill, 61; William Kinney, 9; Katherine Koonce, 60; Cynthia Peak, 61; Hallie Scruggs, 9; Joshua Barrick, 40; Deana Eckert, 57; Juliana Farmer, 45; James Tutt, 64; Cindy Cho, 35; James Cho, 3; Kyu Song Cho, 37; Elio Cumana-Rivas, 32; Christian LaCour, 20; Daniela Mendoza, 11; Sofia Mendoza, 8; Aishwarya Thatikonda, 26.

Chicago this week?

• Fuck You 19

8 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

“Gun deaths”.  I couldn’t give a single less fuck about suicide by gun. Negative fucks, really.  Maybe you missed post 3693?

Psychopathy, sometimes considered synonymous with sociopathy, is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, and egotisticaltraits.[1][2][3] 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

Usually I have enough self control to not reply to you and your "I'm smarter than everyone here" bullshit but my god, what a heartless, shit head take. Fuck off.

Earned a neg from me.  And I rarely neg.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Cool. I don’t fully agree, but I can mostly understand your argument.   I would place the age at 20.  0-19 is apparently a “child” when discussing guns for “reasons”. That would mean 20 should be considered an adult?  

And the price of tea in China....  look over there,  isn't it funny how it rained on Mother's Day when a Democrat is in office.... I mean why is that?  I think God is sending us a message...

Some one could stand on the sidewalk in Dealey Plaza, just outside the Texas School Book Depository, dressed in shooter garb while holding a loaded military style weapon, and police are forbidden from even questioning such a person. Under Texas law, he/she would have to shoot passersby before law enforcement could intervene, because freedom.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, my hobbies are hunting and shooting clays. It’s what my family has done for as long as I can remember.  Are you not passionate about your hobbies? 

So your passion isn't guns. The guns are merely the tool used in your hobbies. 

My brother-in-law's hobby is exotic cars. In order to have that hobby he must obtain a license to use them, maintain registration and yearly inspection on them, maintain liability insurance on them, and be subjected to potential imprisonment if his reckless use results in the injury or death of someone else. 

All of this because the tool he uses for his hobby when used recklessly causes thousands of deaths per year. The tool you use for your hobby also causes thousands of deaths per year. Therefore, the tool for your hobby should have similar regulatory oversight and licensing requirements that his does. 

Yet, you fight against it and wonder why people call you a piece of shit. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Yet, you fight against it and wonder why people call you a piece of shit. 

Do I?  I typically only argue about why it's silly to scapegoat a single firearm.  FWIW, I've never spent a second caring if an internet stranger called me a piece of shit.  

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Ah yes, another worse than specious argument: We can't talk about mass shootings and gun control because of Chicago's murder rate. Ideologue talk.

Hint.  That wasn't a serious post about Chicago.  I'd assume it's victims of mass shootings this year. 

• Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Well one would be the $$ I have in them. Second, my little ones use them when hunting. After that, I don’t give too much of a fuck except it’ll be the first of several more to come.  Next will be any other SA, after that anything with capacity over 6, and the list will continue.  The sick will find a new weapon to terrorize us with, just like they did before social media and 24 hour news convinced you this was a new phenomenon. 

I’ve been a member and donor to all the usual hunting orgs my entire adult life, but thanks for the heads up. 

We even had a FAWB for ten years and there was no slippery slope. And as I mentioned, if anything hunting was more popular then. 

One difference is that most o lf the rhetoric around the FAWB focused on street gangs running wild with cheap TEC-9s and MAC-10s (rhetoric, not reality) even though it affected other platforms. And back then the hunters and other “responsible gunowners/hobbyists” didn’t want to lump themselves in with that, or the weirdo “gun nut” crowd. The inability to go back to it is loaded with all sorts of biases around race and and changing social norms. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/13/2023 at 11:40 AM, Brisketexan said:

Murder RATE? You asked a question you don’t want to know the answer to.

_______

From 2016 to 2020, the two U.S. counties to experience the most gun homicides per capita were rural:* (see Figure 1)
Phillips County, Arkansas: 55.45 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people
Lowndes County, Alabama: 48.36 age-adjusted homicides per 100,000 people**
From 2016 to 2020, 13 of the 20 U.S. counties with the most gun homicides per capita were rural: (see Figure 1)
80 percent of these 20 counties are in states that received an “F” grade for their weak gun laws, according to Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence’s 2021 annual state scorecard rankings.
In 2020, the total gun death rate for rural communities—when age-adjusted per 100,000 people—was 40 percent higher than it was for large metropolitan areas.

It would really be helpful if you’d cite your source. I don’t doubt you, but I happened to have need for this information yesterday and “Because Brisket said so on Surly” isn’t a convincing source to cite for anyone IRL so I had to go look it up. As long as you’re copying and pasting it here, copying and pasting the URL too just takes a moment and saves everyone else from individually having to track it down.

Here’s the link:

https://www.americanprogress.org/article/gun-violence-in-rural-america/

Maybe that would help us avoid posts like this:

On 5/13/2023 at 6:43 PM, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Homicides are higher in urban areas, but overall gun deaths—most of which are deaths by suicide—are higher in rural areas, other NCHS data show. Rural deaths by suicide have increased by nearly 50 percent from 2000 to 2018, a separate analysis found.

Says who? What’s your source for that? Brisket just posted info (but lacking any data, the referenced visual aid, or citation) that says otherwise. To quote from Brisket’s missing Figure 1: “In recent years, rural counties' proportional gun homicide rates outnumbered those of urban counties.”

I’m sure that in terms of raw numbers there are more homicides in big cities than in small towns. Of course that’s true. Is that what you were talking about? Because that’s meaningless. Per capita, the data shows that homicide rates in the big cities that Republican politicians like to point to as hotbeds of criminality actually have lower rates of gun homicides (not counting suicides in the numbers at all) than rural areas, areas that are often in Republican controlled parts of the country. Republicans preach it and propaganda outlets like Fox News repeat it over and over again so people believe it, and you parrot it. But it’s not true.

This is what happens when we get comfortable letting people make claims without citing their sources. You post what is apparently false or misleading information without citation and then that’s later referenced by fattie (the post #3693 he mentioned) as if it’s factually true. I trust Brisket not to pass along false information. From him I ask citation simply as a courtesy. I’ve seen you post bullshit before so you don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

16 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

If you are teaching your children to hunt with semi-automatics then you failed to teach them anything.  It should be an efficient, clean kill, 1 round only.  Start out shooting them through the lungs/heart.   Then get better and shoot them through the neck when the opportunity presents itself and the shot placement percentage is high.   If your kids are pulling the trigger more than once you all fucking failed.  You are not hunting at that point but torturing a critter.    

You are correct that some will find a new way to harm others if all semi-automatics disappear.  But you whistle past the graveyard when you ignore that making easy access to weapons of war will not make these events more frequent and more deadly.   Before the assault rifle ban, this wasn't happening this frequently.   That isn't in dispute with people who lack cognitive dissonance.  You are too smart of a person to set beliefs around a sunk cost.

---------------------------------------------------------

Imagine this scenario: 

I want a bushmaster M242 25mm chaingun.   I have no actual need for this but I think it would be fun.  I think everyone should have one of these mounted to their vehicles.  I am sure that would make motherfuckers think twice about carjackings and cutting me off.   Are you fine with this?  Think law enforcement will rush in to help you if I go crazy and start shooting up your office or your kids at school?   Or the next flight out of IAH?  BTW, I am fine now.  My medical history (private) and antipsychotics (oops) are keeping me calm and happy (thank you UnitedHealthCare), you better just hope that my insurance coverage is consistent.  You really should up-armor those school busses.  It is your fault for not teaching your children how to survive a random 25mm wound.  Their limbs being exploded is a small price to pay for my freedom.   Or explaining to your children how your wife's body was exploded and no longer resembles a human form is a small price to pay for my freedom and how you support me having this freedom you just wish she wasn't taking your elderly parents out to a doctor visit that morning.  Ah well.  As Tahoe always said we should have a little skin in this game.   Because that is all that would be left of your wife.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This isn't a threat.  This is meant to personalize the fear and horror that people are going through.  The little girl in Uvalde whose hand alone had over 6 surgeries.  The boy who hides in his room when there is a knock at the door.   That trauma is life altering and enduring.  Who is paying for it?  When it goes away will the case be closed or will it remain open for life?  Will that trauma restrict them from having a 'normal' family of their own?   How will they cope when their children are school aged?   The price of a bullet is $1.   What is the cost of the treatment?   Who is going to pay?  The deceased gunman who spent every dollar he had on a gun and ammo?  Think about it from an economic perspective.  Who fucking pays for this?  You do.  I do.  Our kids will.  One way or another we will pay for it as a society.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a society we enacted seatbelt laws.  Why?  Because people who wore their seatbelts cost the state and insurance companies fewer dollars than those who did not wear them.   I mean what is the percentage of the time you actually need to wear your seatbelt?  It didn't save your life on the way to work this morning.  It didn't save your life on the way to lunch.   This happened because Ronald Reagan's Republican appointed head of the Department of Transportation looked at the statistics on highway deaths and injuries and found that 2% of the people who died of the 30,000 were wearing seatbelts.  The estimate was that 60% of those people could have survived and/or escaped serious injury if they were wearing seatbelts.   They simply looked at the numbers and decided we needed laws to protect people from harm they were doing to themselves.  Is your party (those with whom you align) not capable of being somewhat fiscally minded anymore?  

--------------------------------------------------------

So there you have it.  Financially it makes sense to ban or severely restrict them.   Socially you are teaching your children to use a crutch (more ammo) and that torture of the animal is not a consideration if they require more than a single round).    And quite frankly that is embarrassing.  Next, we all have knowledge that will likely not get passed on due to it being as outdated as a point-style ignition system.  Sunk cost is a fools fallacy, and you are not a fool.   And lastly the empathy element for the victims, bystanders, and loved ones.  And it doesn't even jive with your religion.  

What is keeping you from being convinced really?  Is it peer pressure from your friends?   

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

We are a red, white, and blue ball of cancer.  And the ball of cancer is open carrying. I don’t think anyone is contending that. 

You're right we should ignore gun violence.  Because of climate change, racism, deficits, immigration, and health care.  None of which you actually intend to improve anyway.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Okay, I can’t edit my above post. I see Taco Bell was quoting from the Scientific American article which was apparently talking about raw numbers. That’s irrelevant when comparing homicide rates between urban and rural areas. That’s not meaningful information.

20 minutes ago, Nivek said:

If you are teaching your children to hunt with semi-automatics then you failed to teach them anything.  It should be an efficient, clean kill, 1 round only.  Start out shooting them through the lungs/heart.   Then get better and shoot them through the neck when the opportunity presents itself and the shot placement percentage is high

Oh really?  Thanks for the heads up. It’s the ergonomics of the arm (collapsible stock) and lighter recoil, but surely you know that?.  Believe it or not, my wby’s and 70’s don’t really fit 8 yo girls.  Crazy, I know. I’ve only been hunting for 30+ years, but I’m glad I learned today that heart/lung and neck shots are the way to go.   

I really hope this was your attempt at presenting us your version of the Onion   If not, holy fuck  Embarrassing indeed  

Edited by fattyflattie

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Believe it or not, my wby’s and 70’s don’t really fit 8 yo girls.  

I can't believe how stupid Nivek was to neglect the biometrics of 8-year-olds when calculating the necessity of certain weapons. Any responsible parent would have immediately done so. Of course first graders need a collapsible stock and plenty of ammo.

Nivek, you're an idiot and irresponsible person. Think of the children!

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I can't believe how stupid Nivek was to neglect the biometrics of a 8-year-olds when calculating the necessity of certain weapons. Any responsible parent would have immediately done so. Of course first graders need a collapsible stock and plenty of ammo.

Nivek, you're an idiot and irresponsible person. Think of the children!

I'm just glad he didn't go with the tried and true reason you shouldn't hunt with an AR.  I've read here they blow up everything they hit, and immediately decapitate it.  Not good.  

Third graders, boss.  And I'll worry about when and how to introduce them into our family hobbies.  Yall worry about the country crumbling because we finally decided to take gun violence super cereal, but only outside of cities that shall not be mentioned because reasons, and only for certain super scary guns because more reasons. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Fuck You 2

Interesting opinion piece of a journalist's interaction from a recent gun convention in Virginia. I like guns... I like shooting them at ranges or friend's with property in the country. But the amount of fear or belief that I have to reliant on myself only for protection just doesn't enter into the equation for me. 

https://wapo.st/3O7p7kh

41 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh really?  Thanks for the heads up. It’s the ergonomics of the arm (collapsible stock) and lighter recoil, but surely you know that?.  Believe it or not, my wby’s and 70’s don’t really fit 8 yo girls.  Crazy, I know. I’ve only been hunting for 30+ years, but I’m glad I learned today that heart/lung and neck shots are the way to go.   

I really hope this was your attempt at presenting us your version of the Onion   If not, holy fuck  Embarrassing indeed  

There's a weird disconnect here, I learned to hunt when my age was in the single digits and I'm in my 40s, been doing it my entire life. I hunt a lot less nowadays now because I don't really enjoy killing animals anymore and it seems unnecessary, but that's another story. Shooting clays is fun, though, for sure. I learned to shoot with a bolt action .243 (wish I still had that gun for nostalgia purposes but some shitpile stole it when I was in my late teens).

I was also taught that heart shots were the way to go, on deer at least, I don't know what people teach their kids nowadays.

My grandpa was the executor of an estate that had a large ranch down in south TX (Carrizo Springs/Catarina area) that ran invitation only hunts, and my dad did the wildlife management down there. and I know for a fact that anyone that showed up with a semi-automatic rifle to hunt would have been laughed at and sent back home. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, who knows, but when I see a guy hunting with an AR-15 I am instantly suspicious of his character.

• Hook 'Em 1