CDC letter

bullet

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I wonder what happens if he goes 4-8.

4-8 is priced in, with the letter.  its the players(or non players) and sickness, etc.  everything but the coaches.  the players don't cost anything to change out, the coaches, picked by the idiots on the BoR and Sark, will cost the university $50M+.

see you in 2025 for,..the new "it's the players" all over again.

8 hours ago, bullet said:

Quick look and I don't see this anywhere.  CDC's weekly letter:  https://texassports.com/news/2021/11/16/forty-acres-insider-nov-16.aspx

"...With all that said, it's important that we discuss the reality of the situation facing Coach Sark and our Football program. It came up in Monday's press conference and is something we've talked about. This isn't to cast any blame or make excuses; it's just factual that we have some real depth issues. As injuries mount, it's even more glaring. When you look at it, 52% of our 2018 signing class and 46% of the 2019 class are no longer here. That's nearly half of the student-athletes from two classes that were ranked as the third-best in the nation and should be making up the juniors and seniors on our roster today. Overall since 2018, we've lost 33 percent of the last four classes. That's a lot of attrition to manage. And when it rains, it pours. We had 25 guys miss practice last week due to a flu bug and virus and missed three others who were out due to COVID-19 protocols...."

25 players on the roster out with the flu in one week is not the flu. It’s players quitting.  

All they are doing is blaming the players without actually calling out the players. I mean it’s pretty evident quite a few are not bought in and don’t give a shit for this new staff. It’s not surprising then, to see the lacking level of play regardless of the coach if that’s the case. Just look at tackling…that should tell you right there a lot of these dudes don’t care.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

It’s literally what CDC did in that letter. Like, the entire point of the letter was to say it’s not on Sark it’s the players who suck. 

I wonder if anyone claiming this actually read the letter. He didn’t say anything about the caliber of the current players. He talked about attrition, injuries, and illness. The point was about depth, not throwing anyone under the bus. The hysterical reactions to that are ridiculous.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

It’s literally what CDC did in that letter. Like, the entire point of the letter was to say it’s not on Sark it’s the players who suck. 

If you choose to see things in a very binary way.

A more sanguine or nuanced read is, hey, we're shorthanded for a number of reasons, including illness and attrition.  It doesn't absolve the coaching, nor does it directly blame the players.

When a commentator observes that a roster is young or lacks depth, is your first thought that he's throwing players under the bus?  You can certainly draw an inference that that means that the young players or the depth on hand is inadequate.

Regardless, nothing he could have said or written would survive the withering scrutiny of the potbanging masses.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

If you choose to see things in a very binary way.

A more sanguine or nuanced read is, hey, we're shorthanded for a number of reasons, including illness and attrition.  It doesn't absolve the coaching, nor does it directly blame the players.

When a commentator observes that a roster is young or lacks depth, is your first thought that he's throwing players under the bus?  You can certainly draw an inference that that means that the young players or the depth on hand is inadequate.

Regardless, nothing he could have said or written would survive the withering scrutiny of the potbanging masses.

No excuse for losing to Kansas, NONE! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The line between sanguine and naive is razor thin.

Georgia's back-ups could beat Kansas by 21.

Unless our staff was coaching them.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

This is all sound and fury, signifying nothing.  CDC's platitudes are meaningless, which is why I posted the hilarious "Tom Herman is our coach" release he put out a few days before Herman was fired. Nothing he says is going to appease us, and he's not gonna reveal any type of changes happening behind the scenes if there are any.  He just feels compelled to say something, and we want someone to yell at. For better or worse, he doesn't drive the bus for the football program - he's just the face of the operation.  

More broadly, none of this - small staff changes, big staff changes, no staff changes - really matters at all until Sark is fired in 1, 2, 3,  . . . years.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I love the anger towards CDC comments. His comments were not directed to the fans or boosters. To save you guys the anger he should have just opened it up with

Dear Devon Campbell, Evan Stewart, Harold Perkins, Denver Harris, Kelvin Banks, etc.., 

Edited by Codaxx

1. Why are half the people recruited no longer here? Can anyone explain that to me? Is that anywhere close to a normal rate? 

2. I'm not one to normally dunk on people as I think we are all trying to do the best we can. But the writing in that letter is rough. And I'd be shocked if CDC wrote any of it as I assume he has better uses of time than writing 2,000 word letters.

- Wind beneath our wings? Twice?!
- Calling Gregory Gym "The Greg"? 
- This passage:
"As we approach Thanksgiving and take time to pause and give thanks for all that we're grateful for, I can't help but reflect on how thankful I am for our performance nutrition staff and the resources available to them to manage our student-athletes nutritional needs, day in and out."

Oy vey.

Not absolving the coaching staff, at all....they've sucked shit too, but this roster is complete garbage save for a handful of players.  It has been an issue for a while...look at the last couple of years.

There should never be a scenario where a program like Texas is relying on former walk-on's to start/play meaningful snaps.  (Brockermeyer, Bush, Money, Jaquess, etc)

There was a reason transfers like Calvin Anderson and Parker Braun came in and started right away

There is a reason a transfer guy in Schooler can 1, come in and play meaningful snaps at WR immediately then 2, move to S and start.

I don't know what the answer is...Maybe only recruiting guys from the Golden Triangle and stop getting softies from the burbs?  I don't know

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

I am far from down on CDC he did not fuck the football program that is for sure and those calling for his head wanted tom fired even though it was clear there was no great replacement for him other than a fingerbanging idiot with heart issues.....but 100% of the Kansas roster is Kansas quality players.....end of message

Got dammit, I'm not going to be the only person who has this song stuck in his head today:

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bullet said:

Quick look and I don't see this anywhere.  CDC's weekly letter:  https://texassports.com/news/2021/11/16/forty-acres-insider-nov-16.aspx

"...With all that said, it's important that we discuss the reality of the situation facing Coach Sark and our Football program. It came up in Monday's press conference and is something we've talked about. This isn't to cast any blame or make excuses; it's just factual that we have some real depth issues. As injuries mount, it's even more glaring. When you look at it, 52% of our 2018 signing class and 46% of the 2019 class are no longer here. That's nearly half of the student-athletes from two classes that were ranked as the third-best in the nation and should be making up the juniors and seniors on our roster today. Overall since 2018, we've lost 33 percent of the last four classes. That's a lot of attrition to manage. And when it rains, it pours. We had 25 guys miss practice last week due to a flu bug and virus and missed three others who were out due to COVID-19 protocols...."

Funny, he didn’t say any of that before jamming people up to buy season tickets.

I wonder why?

23 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

2. I'm not one to normally dunk on people as I think we are all trying to do the best we can. But the writing in that letter is rough. And I'd be shocked if CDC wrote any of it as I assume he has better uses of time than writing 2,000 word letters.

You mean the guy who responds to every email & Tweet?

ok

Edited by Cajun

28 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

1. Why are half the people recruited no longer here? Can anyone explain that to me? Is that anywhere close to a normal rate? 

- Wind beneath our wings? Twice?!
- Calling Gregory Gym "The Greg"? 
- This passage:
"As we approach Thanksgiving and take time to pause and give thanks for all that we're grateful for, I can't help but reflect on how thankful I am for our performance nutrition staff and the resources available to them to manage our student-athletes nutritional needs, day in and out."

Oy vey.

You've seen his Twitter right?

Edited by Grade of D as in David
Cajun beat me to it

Whining about losing 1/3 of the scholarship recruits is fucking stupid. You basically HAVE to lose 8 recruits from each class in order to have five classes total to the allowable 85. If no one left (for whatever reasons), you'd be sitting at 125 scholly players, which is too damn many. So, averaged out, you have to lose 40 players, which,again, averaged, is 8 per class. Eight out of twenty-five is, uhhh, pretty goddamned close to 1/3. Bottom line, NC2A forces you to get rid of superfluous scholarship players. Blame them if you think  it's not a Good Idea to fire 1/3 of your new guys within three or four years - that, or start recruiting 17 per year so you don't have to dump anyone. Jebus.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bschoolprof said:

This is all sound and fury, signifying nothing.  CDC's platitudes are meaningless, which is why I posted the hilarious "Tom Herman is our coach" release he put out a few days before Herman was fired. Nothing he says is going to appease us, and he's not gonna reveal any type of changes happening behind the scenes if there are any.  He just feels compelled to say something, and we want someone to yell at. For better or worse, he doesn't drive the bus for the football program - he's just the face of the operation.  

More broadly, none of this - small staff changes, big staff changes, no staff changes - really matters at all until Sark is fired in 1, 2, 3,  . . . years.   

Agree with all but the last.

4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

“He’s too responsive to fans!” is such a bizarre talking point.

It’s an absolutely absurd use of his limited time and resources.

I mean, a fucking aggy left him what amounted to a prank message and the dude decided “you know what, I’m going to call him back and have a chat.”

clown shoes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

I love the anger towards CDC comments. His comments were not directed to the fans or boosters. To save you guys the anger he should have just opened it up with

Dear Devon Campbell, Evan Stewart, Harold Perkins, Denver Harris, Kelvin Banks, etc.., 

Lol. So recruits watch the games and know the talent is lacking. The coaches tell the recruits directly almost daily that there are all kinds of opportunities to get meaningful playing time immediately but a nuanced letter from the AD that likely none of the recruits will ever see from a guy most of them have never even heard of is going to be the clincher for them signing.  Shit maybe he is a genius.  

10 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Agree with all but the last.

I'd love for it to work out. He seems like a really good dude and brilliant offensive mind.  But I've seen nothing from his stints at UW, USC, and here to suggest he'll ever be a very good head coach, let alone a great one.  He's just not HC material (very few are). Terrible hire by the triumvarite (boosters, BOR/President's office, athletic department).  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, sheeeit said:

Lol. So recruits watch the games and know the talent is lacking. The coaches tell the recruits directly almost daily that there are all kinds of opportunities to get meaningful playing time immediately but a nuanced letter from the AD that likely none of the recruits will ever see from a guy most of them have never even heard of is going to be the clincher for them signing.  Shit maybe he is a genius.  

What do you think the coaches are selling recruits? This is literally the same pitch. This statement is for recruiting. It serves no other purpose. If you dont believe that, why dont you tell me why he put out the letter. 

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

What do you think the coaches are selling recruits? This is literally the same pitch. This statement is for recruiting. It serves no other purpose. If you dont believe that, why dont you tell me why he put out the letter. 

of course they are selling, in private, immediate playing time.

as to why he put out the letter?

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2