Northern Colorado at Texas- 7:30 pm on LHN

shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Seriously.  Very handsy and lots of help.  And everyone seems to have a very clear understanding of how it all fits together.

Hell, my only concern with this team is the potential to get outrebounded with some frequency once we get into the conference schedule.  But I don't think many teams can score enough or stop us enough for it to matter very often.

Disu gonna help with the rebounding and stretching the floor 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The holdover guards had a miserable game, 4-18 and 0-8.

They keep looking for 1 on 1 shaka ball opportunities.   At one point I saw Ramey call for a screen and nobody came to set it for him basically saying "pass the ball".  Seems like it may take a few games to coach the hero ball offense that we ran under Shaka out of them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Chris Ogden spoke tonight before the game in the pre-game foundation bar area. He nailed it. Great guy and zero bullshit. Said Gonzaga beat them up…Gonzaga is a well oiled team right now…whereas Texas is still puzzle pieces working to fit together.

In other words…give this team a few more games and it’s on. Like Donkey Kong.

\m/

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

The holdover guards had a miserable game, 4-18 and 0-8.

I mean - Ramey was 3/7 although he was 0/3 from 3. 

AJ was 1/8 and Febres was 0/3. AJ and Ramey both filled the statsheet in other ways though. 

The whole team stunk from 3 - 4/18. 

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

well, this isn't exactly unexpected. Beard's whole history says that his team in March will look a lot different than his team in November. it needs to be better by the new year, but it doesn't need to be perfected until March.

Then Beard has it all wrong. Texas is supposed to look good in November and December (e.g., beat North Carolina), and then like donkey shit in March. Why did we hire this guy?

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean - Ramey was 3/7 although he was 0/3 from 3. 

AJ was 1/8 and Febres was 0/3. AJ and Ramey both filled the statsheet in other ways though. 

The whole team stunk from 3 - 4/18. 

No they didn't. The rest of the team was 4-10. You take 40% BTA everyday.

Beard and Schaefer are both similar in that their teams look better in March than they do during the regular season. 

I think it has a lot to do with their style of play. Defense and toughness translates to the tournament. 

Schaefer's year 1 was very up and down but I don't think it really shocked anyone that in March his team could win. I said this before the year, but I expect some .500ish years in the Big 12 where Beard still gets the team to a Sweet 16. That was before we were leaving for the SEC which is a worse basketball conference.