Texas host San Jose State @ 5 on LHN.

SDG

Let’s not forget our Basketball team is significantly better than football.  

current odds are Tex -29.0, o/u 130.5.  

imo: Texas wins comfortably but not by 29 (I just watched football) but that I’m on the over.  

1 minute ago, VinyVango said:

So refreshing to see the team collectively working for high percentage shots and not bricking layups

Seriously.  There are concepts on offense and defense and the guys understand them.  This is the first time in years that we haven't looked like a bunch of talented individuals who just met in a pick-up game.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm surprisingly impressed with Askew. He doesn't do anything incredible but he also doesn't hurt the team either. Just runs the offense and plays good defense. 

Those type players can help you win. 

I feel the same.  He’s got a good handle and is a big physical dude with some quicks.  He could develop into a really good player.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Maybe we should wait until he actually beats a real team before crowning his ass.

When was the last time our football team beat a real team?   Georgia?   

if you’re gonna troll, bring receipts or realize, like your comment hyperbole exists.  

12 minutes ago, SDG said:

When was the last time our football team beat a real team?   Georgia?   

if you’re gonna troll, bring receipts or realize, like your comment hyperbole exists.  

Huh? What the does our football team have to do with the fact that our basketball team hasn't *beaten anyone yet?

Is it too fucking much to ask a Texas fan to not anoint a coach before he's even notched a single good win?

Edited by CurlyDumps
beaten not played

He's doing what should be done. Dominating a lesser opponent in all facets, but still using the game to push the team to get even better.  Gonzaga was too early on the road for the team to ever really have a chance, but they still kept it respectable in what could have been a Duke at MSG embarrassing blowout. Coach and team are learning each other and the buy-in appears total. The run of tune-up games is perfect for figuring things out. Seton Hall won't be ready for what's coming. And I have no worries about conference play with a coach who's been playing those teams for the past five years. One of the advantages of poaching in-conference.

This year's team is really a one-off considering what will take the floor next year. I see it as Beard having the unique opportunity to build a Frankenstein with hand picked parts, for the sole purpose of cutting nets. He has specific pieces for what he has in mind. It will just take a bit for it to take shape. Enjoy the ride, it's gonna be a doozy.

24 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Huh? What the does our football team have to do with the fact that our basketball team hasn't *beaten anyone yet?

Is it too fucking much to ask a Texas fan to not anoint a coach before he's even notched a single good win?

Is it too fucking much to ask a Texas fan to not be retarded when they post?  Did you learn hyperbole when on campus or do they not teach that at community college?  

A complete game. An engaged coach. A team who plays the whole game and if they don’t they don’t seem to get flustered when the coach barks at them.  What a GD breath of fresh air.

not to mix metaphors, but I hope this isn’t a mirage.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I feel the same.  He’s got a good handle and is a big physical dude with some quicks.  He could develop into a really good player.  

Yeah, I really like what Askew has done so far. 

9 assists to 3 turnovers. He's also very active on the defensive end with 5 steals. I think he will be a very good player in another year or so. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, I really like what Askew has done so far. 

9 assists to 3 turnovers. He's also very active on the defensive end with 5 steals. I think he will be a very good player in another year or so. 

Don’t those stats show that he’s a pretty good player already?