• Replies 71.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Well they also forgot to mention that the mighty Tennessee team finished the season unranked. The Nebraska team finished the season ranked #20. Even that UT team fell out of the top ten.

Compare that to the responses talking about how their 6 during that period is greater than UT and take a look at what teams are missing from our list.

OU is the only one of those where you can say "oh yeah, a badly outmatched A&M team way overachieved thanks in part to a boisterous crowd". Our game against them in '99 is such a weird outlier based on the circumstances. The rest are just statistically likely over the course of 120 games or so.
thanks in part to a boisterous crowd?

aggy please

thou doth overrate your aggy crowd and its effect upon the sucking ones.

nothing you aggy can muster in your shithole tackle box dump comes even close to what ou experiences on the second saturday of october every fucking year. louder, more rabid, bigger stakes, best game day atmosphere aggy can't compete. so claiming kyle shithole wankerism as a reason for ou loss is laughable and stupid as befits a aggy such as yourself. whoop eh
  • Like 1

uh.... we don't play OU in Austin, geniuses. That has something to do with it. 
nope y'all don't play ou in Austin. y'all play ou in norman and college shithole whoop eh aggy boy.

and y'all are playing in the BRR saturday. enjoy being elephant shit holed.
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, 6th Street said:

boiled down to Top 10 wins we get:

2018: #8 LSU
2016: #9 Tennessee
2010: #9 Nebraska
2002: #1 OU
2000: #10 KSU
1999: #7 Texas

That's 6 true big wins at home in 20 years. I'm just surprised it took them this long to realize how few big home games we actually win. Kyle Field is a big damn welcome mat.

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3065890/2#discussion

For Texas, I can only find 4 top-10 wins at home over the same time period:

2016: #10 Notre Dame 50-47, 2OT Notre Dame finished the year unranked with 4 wins
2008:  #9 OSU 28-24
2005: #10 TTU 52-17
1999:  #3 Nebraska

The home-and-home with OU limits the home-ranked-opponent scenarios, too. 
Texas beat a ranked OU team 6 times: 2006 (#14), 2008 (#1), 2009 (#20), 2013 (#12), 2015 (#10), 2018 (#7).  3 are top-10.

Not defending Aggy, just presenting facts.

25 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

2016: #10 Notre Dame 50-47, 2OT Notre Dame finished the year unranked with 4 wins

Texas beat a ranked OU team 6 times: 2006 (#14), 2008 (#1), 2009 (#20), 2013 (#12), 2015 (#10), 2018 (#7).  3 are top-10.

If you want to present “facts,” then Looking at total record/percentage of wins at home over top ten teams would be much more informative. How many top ten teams have we even played at home since we play OU on a neutral site? A lot of aggy’s opportunities for top ten wins came against us. aggy pretty much always failed to give us that same opportunity at home. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

all this talk about Jimbo/the culture of aggy made me curious what Bear Bryant’s record was at A&M. While searching I found this gem on Wikipedia:

Again, as at Kentucky, Bryant attempted to integrate the Texas A&M squad. "We'll be the last football team in the Southwest Conference to integrate", he was told by a Texas A&M official. "Well", Bryant replied, "then that's where we're going to finish in football."

He left for Bama after that season and went in to win 6 national titles. lulz. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Baylor was ranked 8th and 6th when Chuckles' boys won in Austin 35-34 in 2016.

Also, Texas beat Nebraska (#12/#9) 31-7 in 2003.

Edited by C-Man

2016 Baylor was a cut-paste mistake.
2008 Mizzou was #11
2003 Nebraska was #12

Agree w/ much of the responses to my comments.

1. We've never claimed Memorial Stadium was a significant home field advantage
  2. Record against top-10 teams was decent until 2010

2006 - Lost #1 tOSU
2007 - Lost to unranked KSU
2010 - Lost to UCLA, ISU, 25 Baylor, 12 OkSt, 17 aTm
2011 - Lost to 6 OkSt, 16 KSU
2012 - Lost to 8 WVU, TCU

20 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Baylor was ranked 8th and 6th when Chuckles' boys won in Austin 35-34 in 2016.

Also, Texas beat Nebraska (#12/#9) 31-7 in 2003.

We played OU, Missouri, Okie State, and Tech, all of which were ranked at least 11th, in consecutive games in 2008. For all of the Aggie talk about about the SEC meatgrinder, I doubt they've played a four-game stretch in the SEC that tough. 

I wish I could find the coaches' polls from 2008, I'm not 100% convinced Missouri wasn't in the Top Ten. They were 11th in the AP poll, I know that for certain. 

At Texas A&M, an experiment in education access (AAS):

BRYAN — Three and a half years ago, these 2,000 acres were an embarrassment to the Texas A&M University System.

At least that’s how Chancellor John Sharp sees it. At that time, this former World War II flight training center had five-foot-tall grass and was littered with the remains of crash test cars.

“It was just a mess,” Sharp said. “It was embarrassing that we even owned it, to tell you the truth.”

Now, the RELLIS campus, named as an acronym for the flagship’s six core values, has been mowed, trimmed and paved into a campus to house state-of-the art research. RELLIS has gotten a lot of attention for nabbing the business of the Army Futures Command, where the U.S. will develop and test future-of-war technologies. But on the opposite side of the 2,000-acre campus, academic leaders are trying — and they say succeeding — in an ambitious experiment to better serve Texas students.

RELLIS, about 8 miles west of the flagship campus, has launched what it calls an academic alliance between the system’s 10 regional universities and Blinn College District — one of the first of its kind in the nation. The idea is to provide students with a seamless transition from an associate degree to bachelor’s, while providing the same support system for all four years, not to mention access to RELLIS’ various research facilities.

The alliance has just embarked on its second round of classes, and is already exceeding expectations. Enrollment has doubled from year one, and plans for a second academic building are already in the works. It’s also a more affordable option at $302 a credit hour. A degree at the University of Houston or Texas State University costs Texas residents about $2,200 to $3,400 more a semester compared to RELLIS degrees.

“That they did such a good job setting all of this up,” Sharp said. “It’s kind of gone beyond what I thought it would be by this time.”

The alliance started with a goal to better serve students in Brazos County who had hopes of attending the flagship Texas A&M University, but for whatever reasons just couldn’t get in. Texas A&M University alone isn’t able to meet the needs of the Bryan-College Station area, said James Hallmark, vice chancellor for academic affairs at the system.

“You’ve got 300,000 people here who don’t have access to a four-year degree unless they’re in the top 10% of their class,” Hallmark said, referring to Texas A&M’s automatic admission for the highest-achieving high school students. “And that means that a whole lot of very qualified students don’t have that access to a four-year degree.”

About 200 students currently attend classes through A&M universities at RELLIS, with about 2,500 other students taking classes through Blinn. Administrators from the universities housed at RELLIS estimate about 90% of their upper-level students come from Blinn, which could mean a significant enrollment boost in the near future. 

Here’s how it works: Students come to RELLIS and begin taking classes in their desired program through Blinn College (the campus currently offers 54 programs, including medical, criminal justice, computer and business degrees). After earning an associate degree, they walk the 50 feet across the road to take upper-level courses offered by one of the other Texas A&M System institutions, like Prairie View A&M or Tarleton State University. For students who can’t get into the flagship Texas A&M campus but want to stay in the area, it’s a simpler way to get a four-year degree, administrators said. 

It’s supposed to make things simple for students, but for staff, “seamless” is easier said than done. The process required strenuous behind-the-scenes planning and integration, said Nancy Jordan, provost of the RELLIS academic alliance.

“It took a lot of agreements,” Jordan said. “Every university has its own academic calendar, its own fee structures for what fees cost or to order a transcript.”

Starting this year, students will be able to access all their RELLIS-related information in one online portal. When they move from Blinn to one of the other A&M institutions at RELLIS, they don’t have to order transcripts. And tuition stays the same no matter what regional university a student enrolls in.

John Hurtato, deputy director of the RELLIS combat development complex, the future site of the Army Futures Command, said he believes as the campus gains students and success, other systems will want to imitate it.

“There are other states that have systems, right? And I can’t think of another system that is trying this kind of experiment,” he said. “So when this works, and it will, I wouldn’t be surprised if you see other systems trying to do something similar. I really believe that.”

Edited by Cairn Horn88

all this talk about Jimbo/the culture of aggy made me curious what Bear Bryant’s record was at A&M. While searching I found this gem on Wikipedia:
Again, as at Kentucky, Bryant attempted to integrate the Texas A&M squad. "We'll be the last football team in the Southwest Conference to integrate", he was told by a Texas A&M official. "Well", Bryant replied, "then that's where we're going to finish in football."
He left for Bama after that season and went in to win 6 national titles. lulz. 
6 titles because he ran away to a shit conference. ran away because DKR showed up at Texas and whupped his sorry fraudulent aggy ass. DKR whupped that sorry aggy's ass ever time he played him. fuck Paul Bryant and his stupid fucking shitass hat.
  • Like 4

That's satire, you know.  You do know that's not real, right?

actually irl it IS real. aggy is despised in the armed forces.

90 day wonders they called em during WW2. life expectancy in ETO combat for one o these aggy "officers" was 15 min unless a combat veteran sgt was assigned to them to keep them from getting killed through aggy stupidity.

duffleblog may be a satire site but that article is truth.

my dad was in the south pacific. tech sgt in a p38 squadron. they would have these aggy "officers" show up and start going all barney fife on the enlisted guys who had been out there for years. imparting their aggy nolege and giving orders that were fucking stupid basically making the guys who were keeping the planes flying lives miserable. well the pilots didn't like that kind of shit being done to their plane crews. so they would invite these aggy to go on a "familirazation flight". now you gotta understand it is hot and humid as fuck on those islands 100 degrees 100% humidity. even in the morning. they would set the flight up for morning. feed that aggy a large breakfast of deelicious powdered eggs, salty ass ham or spam, coffee etc etc. stuff him full.

then they would take him out to the flight line and load him into a p38 with a pilot. there was just enough room behind the pilot to squeeze in under the canopy. and they would put the full stomached aggy in there and button it up. pilot would taxi down to the end of the psp runway and sit there reving his engines until it was sweltering in the cabin under that plexiglas canopy.

then he would take off and fly aerobatics down on the deck just over the sweltering jungle until aggy boy puked. no barf bags in the south pacific.

pilot would then land and taxi over to where all the enlisted guys whom this aggy piece of shit had made miserable were waiting. taxi up, stop, shut down, climb down and wait as puke covered green faced aggy boy extracted himself and climbed down. once aggy was down the pilot would chew his ass out in front of the squadron for being a know nothing mindless worthless sack of shit who puked in his airplane. and then order aggy boy to leave the enlisteds alone they know way the fuck more than you will ever know and to clean my airplane.

if that didn't get aggy to pull his head out his ass they would have a luau with the aggy as guest of honor. (long pig)

either way problem solved.

ps I did not have spam until I came to UT. My dad would not allow it in the house. He hated it cause he had eaten tons of it while in the South Pacific in the 13th Air Force.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

actually irl it IS real. aggy is despised in the armed forces.

90 day wonders they called em during WW2. life expectancy in ETO combat for one o these aggy "officers" was 15 min unless a combat veteran sgt was assigned to them to keep them from getting killed through aggy stupidity.

duffleblog may be a satire site but that article is truth.

my dad was in the south pacific. tech sgt in a p38 squadron. they would have these aggy "officers" show up and start going all barney fife on the enlisted guys who had been out there for years. imparting their aggy nolege and giving orders that were fucking stupid basically making the guys who were keeping the planes flying lives miserable. well the pilots didn't like that kind of shit being done to their plane crews. so they would invite these aggy to go on a "familirazation flight". now you gotta understand it is hot and humid as fuck on those islands 100 degrees 100% humidity. even in the morning. they would set the flight up for morning. feed that aggy a large breakfast of deelicious powdered eggs, salty ass ham or spam, coffee etc etc. stuff him full.

then they would take him out to the flight line and load him into a p38 with a pilot. there was just enough room behind the pilot to squeeze in under the canopy. and they would put the full stomached aggy in there and button it up. pilot would taxi down to the end of the psp runway and sit there reving his engines until it was sweltering in the cabin under that plexiglas canopy.

then he would take off and fly aerobatics down on the deck just over the sweltering jungle until aggy boy puked. no barf bags in the south pacific.

pilot would then land and taxi over to where all the enlisted guys whom this aggy piece of shit had made miserable were waiting. taxi up, stop, shut down, climb down and wait as puke covered green faced aggy boy extracted himself and climbed down. once aggy was down the pilot would chew his ass out in front of the squadron for being a know nothing mindless worthless sack of shit who puked in his airplane. and then order aggy boy to leave the enlisteds alone they know way the fuck more than you will ever know and to clean my airplane.

if that didn't get aggy to pull his head out his ass they would have a luau with the aggy as guest of honor. (long pig)

either way problem solved.

ps I did not have spam until I came to UT. My dad would not allow it in the house. He hated it cause he had eaten tons of it while in the South Pacific in the 13th Air Force.

I've never eaten Spam either for the same reason.

• Like 1

The aggy "we are the bestest fans and everyone fears us because we holler real loud" is more aggy bullshit. The ags have always been known by football fans in Texas as jackasses. When Charlie Sessums was killed at halftime of the 1926 Baylor game, it was a culmination of a long series of aggy dumbfuckery that reached its zenith the week before at the 1926 aggy/SMU football game (at SMU) when a bunch of aggys in the stands started attacking the female guests of the SMU fans. Driven past limits of patience, the Baylor fans prepared themselves for a fight in case the aggys did again what they were known for doing. And when they did, the Baylor fans went into action.

I can post many, many stories detailing just how often the aggy fans were complete jackasses and why the people of Texas have long considered aggys to be complete jackasses (throwing horse shit into the opposing fans section, threatening felony assault on members of the opposing team's band simply because the opposing team's band exercised what aggys considered "unapproved speech." Repeated fights in the stands with opposing fans. Performing yells deemed so vulgar, they even offended members of the student body. Falsely accusing Tech fans of felony destruction of property in 2011. Spitting on visiting fans from Prairie View. Etc, etc, etc, etc).

As for the "aggy fans are great because we holler and scares visiting players" claim, that is sheer bullshit. For historical reference, here is a snip from the DMN  the early 1950s. The ags are attempting to redefine history. Because they are so poorly educated they don't understand the true history of their school or of their "traditions" they make up shit to fit their stupid, self-aggrandizing narratives.

Again, the people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

large.1127459871_aggyheelsjpg.jpg.273e9cf7953d6e8589ec6bdbe23d2ee6.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

Just a few short snippets of aggy poor sportsmanship. When the UT/A&M rivalry was first put on hiatus in the early 1900s, it was because of the cheating by their coach (Charlie Moran) and the fights the aggys started during one particular game played in Houston. In the 1920s, their poor sportsmanship got one of their students killed. In the 1940s, 1950s, 1960s. and 1970s there are endless examples of "Texas A&M and poor sportsmanship being synonymous to the people of Texas. Currently, they spit on visiting fans who do not have "proper racial aggy purity" among many, many other examples of just what redneck, white trash aggys are. 

Atrocious sportsmanship has long defined aggy culture. aggys lie to themselves about who they have been and who they are.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

large.1058289120_aggypoorsportscompilation.jpeg.9c19bf5726f3f7abf16e7883cb151d1f.jpeg

• Like 2