• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 hours ago, utee94 said:

That's what's so remarkable about the Aggies.  If they haven't lapped us 10 times over in recruiting during our past horrid 8 years which coincided with their impressive 100-year decision, why on Earth do they think losing yet another game to Alabama is going to help them now, all of a sudden?  Just pure delusion.

It’s like you’ve never seen, heard, or felt that surge of momentum then the click click click click as the roller coaster begins the steep climb up the first hill. The anticipation just keeps building and building with every click, and pretty soon everyone starts to wonder just how much higher the top is.

“Holy shit! We’re really way up here! I had no idea it was this high! Is there a way to get off before we start down?! We may not survive this!”

Paging RD - your services are needed at the following link:

There is much dis/mis -information on this link regarding the overall system endowment and how its split between the university systems and universities themselves.  Typically Aggy is claiming their fictional 1/3 of the entire endowment to boost their place in the rankings (shocking, I know).

A quick primer to set the record straight on how the endowment actually works for the good folks on this reddit discussion would be appreciated! 

So I’m sitting here eating lunch, in Cowtown, and I can’t help but overhear the aggy two tables over from me saying that the CFL has never been televised on ESPN until Manziel showed up. That he’s the reason there’s this new found excitement in Canadian football. Because he watches sports on TV all of the time, so he knows this for a fact (his words). The poor guy sitting across from him, I’m sure, is believing everything he’s saying. Aggy don’t ever stop being you. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, BRLA said:

Paging RD - your services are needed at the following link:

There is much dis/mis -information on this link regarding the overall system endowment and how its split between the university systems and universities themselves.  Typically Aggy is claiming their fictional 1/3 of the entire endowment to boost their place in the rankings (shocking, I know).

A quick primer to set the record straight on how the endowment actually works for the good folks on this reddit discussion would be appreciated! 

The idiocy is classically aggy.

UTIMCO manages $44.4B (as of 4/30/18) Source: https://www.utimco.org/funds/AllFunds/assetsundermngt.pdf

Of that amount, less than half ($21B) consists of PUF financial assets. Do some quick math and you can see UTIMCO manages more non-PUF money than PUF money.

The entire aggy system endowment (outside of any claimed PUF funds) is managed by the Texas A&M Foundation. The net assets of the TAMF is $1.8B. Source: https://www.txamfoundation.com/About/Financials.aspx

Do some quick math and you can see one school downplays its endowment assets, while the other wildly overstates them.

Also, while 2/3 of the income of the PUF investments goes to the UT System, Regents Rule 80303 mandates that roughly 1/2 of the AUF moneys dedicated for the UT System goes to UT Austin. Again, do some quick math and you will see the AUF (the annual income from the PUF investments) gets split 1/3 A&M, 1/3 UT Austin, 1/3 non-Austin UT System schools. Also, the health care institutions do not fully share in the PUF income. There is a separate Permanent Health Fund for the UT system medical institutions.

As far as aggy wanting to "renegotiate" the PUF/AUF allocation, it doesn't work that way. The current funding allocation was set by the legislature in 1931, but it had to be ratified by the voters in 1956 via a constitutional amendment. Since the PUF was dedicated as the UT endowment by the 1876 Constitution, any changes to the PUF can only be effected by amending the constitution.

Aside from the PUF/AUF income, which each 1/3 share is about $400 million in annual income, state and federal funding plays a HUGE role in how UT Austin and A&M operate. aggys avoid that little fact entirely. Per student, UT Austin spends about $50k on operating expenses (salaries, labs, etc). aggy spends about $30k/student. What that difference means is that even though UT Austin has 15,000 fewer students, if has about 10% more faculty members than aggy does. Prior to the opening of the Dell medical college, the operating budget of UT Austin was about $1B/yr higher than aggy's. How much is $1B/yr? It is more than the entire operating budget of OU Norman. (Last I saw, aggy trailed UT Austin, UT Dallas, Rice, SMU and even U of H in average professor salary).

So, while UT Austin receives as much of the AUF income as the TAMU System, and UT Austin has a non-PUF endowment that is quite sizable, the difference in funding from both the state and federal governments is what really separates UT Austin from aggy.

Because of the politics involved in the much higher level of funding UT Austin receives as compared to aggy, the UT administrators are more than pleased to allow aggy to beat their chests on meaningless Reddit debates and claim to be fabulously wealthy. With the opening of the Dell med school, the annual operating budget is going to grow well past double of that of TAMU College Station, and may well put UT Austin in the same category as M.D. Anderson as a UT System institution whose individual operating budget exceeds the operating budget of the entire TAMU System.

Right now the UT System operates on about $20B/yr and educates about 225,000 students. The TAMU system operates on about $4B and educates about 140,000 students. The two systems, just like the two flagship institutions, are nothing alike in any way, shape or form. And the divide is only going to grow. I

f you think back on history, the tech boom in Austin started around 1980 when (UT alumnus and former CIA Deputy Director) Bobby Inman saw to it that Austin beat out 57 other cities to be the headquarters site for MCC. Since then, the growth in the tech sector in Austin has been huge. Again with the simple math and you will stumble across the fact that many of the people whose rather impressive fortunes can be attributed to the tech companies in and around Austin are just now getting to the point in life of starting their inter-generational financial planning. And their charitable gifts. The amount of money locked up in the hills around Austin is staggering. And those people aren't mostly aggys. If you get my drift.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

So I’m sitting here eating lunch, in Cowtown, and I can’t help but overhear the aggy two tables over from me saying that the CFL has never been televised on ESPN until Manziel showed up. That he’s the reason there’s this new found excitement in Canadian football. Because he watches sports on TV all of the time, so he knows this for a fact (his words). The poor guy sitting across from him, I’m sure, is believing everything he’s saying. Aggy don’t ever stop being you. 
So Manziel made the Not Top Ten?

59 minutes ago, skipperj said:

CFL was on ESPN networks 13 times last year. There are no games on ESPN this year. Mostly ESPN2.

I can remember watching  the cfl to watch Warren Moon and Doug Flutie .

( nothing else was on) 

who is this jonny guy and why watch him???

Edited by TexasTroll

3 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

What a fucking dipshit. The CFL has always been carried on ESPN 2

• Like 1

Speaking of the CFL
f3ef4e211f3d478631e10d225bbdc452.png
d661f9f1026b271da488d177281096ec.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Looking at rosters next year, I think it's a safe bet to think A&M doesn't finish higher than 5th in the SEC West in any of the Big 3 sports. 

Big 3 A&M sports strategy every year: Pummel weak enough OoCs through a mostly home dominated schedule, struggle in conference, do just enough to make the post season and be sent home early. Rinse and repeat. 

a bit more on the PUF/AUF

while Randolph hit most of it there are some other things to know

of the 2/3 and 1/3 splits of the AUF funds that go to the UT and A&M Systems........there is a portion of that AUF distribution that covers FORMULA INFRASTRUCTURE FUNDING for the PUF eligible universities in each system

in Texas there are two main ways that universities are funded and both use formulas and ALL universities in the state use the SAME exact formulas without regard to PUF participation or non-PUF participation

the first formula is I&O Instruction and Operation and that basically covers faculty pay, bennies, and most administration cost......EVERY university in the state gets their I&O funding from general state revenues based on a formula that involves enrollment in specific areas of study and the cost to run those various degree programs and graduate Vs undergrad enrollment 

the second formula is Infrastructure and it basically covers the cost of having classroom and lab space.....NON-PUF participating universities get their Infrastructure funding from general state revenues again using a formula of the needs based on enrollment for various fields of study related to the classroom and lab space demand for those programs

the PUF participants get their formula infrastructure funding from the AUF distribution to their system

so what that means is that when the UT and A&M Systems get their AUF money they FIRST have to pay the infrastructure formula funding needs of each of their PUF participants BEFORE there is any other money for "excellence"

only AFTER that formula infrastructure funding is covered do UT Austin, TAMU College Station and PVAMU get EXTRA money for "excellence"

so what means is that even taking into account the fact that the PUF/AUF money goes to SYSTEMS there is the fact that a large amount of the money from the AUF distribution actually takes the place of state funding so it is not all "extra" money over and above state funding a large part of the AUF actually covers mandated state formula funding instead of having it come from general revenues like it does for NON-PUF participants

so counting that PUF money as an "endowment" while including money that is for the "system" schools is disingenuous AND in addition to that even counting a part of it that is for TAMU College Station specifically is not accurate because a large amount of that actually covers state mandated formula infrastructure funding that could come from general state revenues if the PUF did not exist and did not cover that funding

so the extra "excellence" funding that UT Austin, TAMU College Station and PVAMU get from the PUF/AUF is well below the actual dollars that the PUF pays out to the AUf every year and does not represent what would traditionally be counted as an endowment because it simply is state money that covers formula funding that would otherwise come from general state revenues using the same exact formula as NON-PUF participants

• Like 1

12 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Looking at rosters next year, I think it's a safe bet to think A&M doesn't finish higher than 5th in the SEC West in any of the Big 3 sports. 

Hopefully they can also continue their streak of having none of those teams finish above .500 in conference.

23 hours ago, CowtownHorn said:

do you even Dieter Brock, bro?

• Like 1

https://texags.com/s/28556/raw-deal-rc-slocum-opens-up-about-ams-early-90s-ncaa-troubles

Here's some more details about why the NCAA treated aggy so unfairly:

Nine Aggie players, including star tailback Greg Hill, were found to have received nearly $18,000 in unearned wages from 1990-92 as a result of their employment at apartment complexes operated by Warren A. Gilbert Jr., a Dallas developer. Gilbert was president of the university's athletic support group--the 12th Man Foundation--at the time the infractions occurred.

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-01-06/sports/sp-9180_1_college-football

Edited by jebusshuttlecock

Jesus, those rubes will believe anything.  If I remember correctly this is where the FedEx shit started as in they were having to send players their "paychecks" via FedEx because they didn't live in Dallas even though they had summer jobs there.

Edited by Noah Fence

This guy is about to get banned as Aggie does not deal well with the truth:

ColoradoMooseHerd

This article is not accurate and probably should not have been written. I think you should actually take it down. There is not new information here, Slocum is repeating what he has always said but there is definitely some incorrect information in the story. Actually his quote about the timing of the announcement is almost exactly what he said in 1993 after the game.

1. The main reason for the severity of the penalty was that we were already on probation from the Jackie Sherrill days. Then we had the Kermit Davis situation in Basketball. Then the football payment issue again. The Death Penalty was discussed, but the NCAA immediately took it off the table because of what it did to SMU. "The Lack of Institutional Control" Claim was not that far off. The compliance department that we had to form to start monitoring all of our actions was very annoying for us athletes but probably necessary.

2. Why was it such a big deal about the players being paid for work not performed, was the fact who paid them. This was not just some players cutting out a little early. Some of these guys did not work at all. I firmly believe that RC had no knowledge at the time that the players were being paid for work not done. He was innocent. It was a Booster that did the damage. And it was not just some rogue boosters paying the players, it was the President of the Aggie Club. Because of the scandal the Aggie Club was renamed The 12th Man Foundation. Warren Gilbert was the guy.

3. Warren Gilbert was on the board of the Aggie Club when we got in trouble under Jackie and was now the President the Aggie Club. The board actually knew about the situation before the allegations officially came out. Gilbert liked to brag about everything he did and he was bragging about players working for him at a board meeting. The problem was, several of the players were already working for another board member and they brought that up in the meeting when he said it. You know who was also at this meeting, John David Crow - the Athletic Director at the time. This is also one of the main reasons he was not the athletic director after this penalty.

4. OU paying of players. Yes OU should have gotten much stiffer penalties and it was a joke the punishment that they did receive.  

There is much more to this story too and it either should not be written at all or written correctly. Not sure the need of this story at all at this time. Especially with the inaccurate and missing info.

Are the 2 most current NC Titles for A&M in Golf(2009) and Womens Bball(2011)?

Don’t forget reigning champions back in April from the Equestrian national meet. Funny thing though is that while A&M scored first in reigning, that is only one of six competitions which they didn’t even place in the top three in the other five competitions. So, therefore, they did not win the national championship. Oh well, aggy false claiming not going away.
813ec796fc2a67d63d67356ca17f1e4c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk