• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

37 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Posting the photos from the article for the click lazy.

Good lord aggys, y’all are such a mess 

F94D2171-6996-49FB-9096-A33F4866814F.jpeg

14EEBBF1-0AD0-4D6B-B626-298EB4515C01.jpeg

The 2010 one always gets me. If I remember correctly they lost a 3-way tiebreaker which means they didn’t even win the B12 South. As much as we talk about how the kids we are recruiting were toddlers when we last won a National Championship, we’ve at least played on Conference Championship weekend this millennium. Last time those goobers played in a conference championship game Bill Clinton was President. Their highlights since then are having a Hesiman trophy winner, overpaying for a mediocre head coach, a top-ranked recruiting class this year, and beating Bama twice.

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm so bored with pot-smoking sports writers, journalists, opposing fans, and all the others putting on the charade that possession is even a newsworthy event.

I've never smoked pot. Ever. I don't give a shit if other people do. Some people clearly benefit from it by chilling the fuck out when they need it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

The 2010 one always gets me. If I remember correctly they lost a 3-way tiebreaker which means they didn’t even win the B12 South. As much as we talk about how the kids we are recruiting were toddlers when we last won a National Championship, we’ve at least played on Conference Championship weekend this millennium. Last time those goobers played in a conference championship game Bill Clinton was President. Their highlights since then are having a Hesiman trophy winner, overpaying for a mediocre head coach, a top-ranked recruiting class this year, and beating Bama twice.

That's the funny part. They haven't even been close to wining a conference title, since 1998, outside of two years. 

1) 2010 when there was a 3 way tiebreaker in the Big 12 South. That aggy team wasn't very good either as LSU spanked them in a bowl game and aggy still lost 4 games. It was just a weird year in the Big 12. 

2) 2020 where they finished 8-1 in the SEC during a Covid year. Their wins had a combined 31-42 record. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm so bored with pot-smoking sports writers, journalists, opposing fans, and all the others putting on the charade that possession is even a newsworthy event.

I've never smoked pot. Ever. I don't give a shit if other people do. Some people clearly benefit from it by chilling the fuck out when they need it. 

But getting arrested always draws attention. Doesn’t really matter what for. 

6 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

What gets me is when anyone, no matter what school affiliation, peels back the fluff and exposes out how mediocre their seasons have really been, they defend it with "better than tu".  Like that magically makes their little over .500 lifetime average mean more.

We've sucked for over a decade and we are well aware of it.  They've been almost as shitty. When it goes into the record books, an 8-4 season is still an 8-4 season no matter what conference you played in.

Edited by Gaffords
  • Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Gator Bowl not refunding goober fans’ money, saying they bought tickets to see the “event” not to see a team. 

well if the Gator Bowl advertised the game as Wake Forest and Texas A&M they should probably give some refunds, but this is beautiful.

12 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Let me get this straight. Their 2010 fine print will need another finer print? 

BA7171C3-9E98-4A00-A981-E0520CAEB435.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, pyrohornIII said:

ministry opinion eagle dude:

"Rutgers won't sell tickets. Then again, aggy wasn't selling tickets either. aggy played in the Gator Bowl in 2018. Jacksonville fans weren't excited about a 21st-ranked 8-4 aggy back then on a beautiful day, so they surely won't be excited about a Rutgers team that went 2-7 in the b1g losing 4 games by 3 tds including blowout losses to wisky and tosu.  Rutgers could turn on tv sets in new york and the east coast to offset the loss of aggy, which is always a good tv draw (?????)."

blah blah blah about tv ratings......

gator bowl dude:

"but the good news is we'll have no competition in our time slot, and we lead in to the two CFP semifinals."

somebody else with the jeff goldblum gif may do the honors

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

well if the Gator Bowl advertised the game as Wake Forest and Texas A&M they should probably give some refunds, but this is beautiful.

not a chance if I'm the Gator Bowl.  aggy could have asked it to be moved out, right?  also, people bought tix before they knew who the teams would be. 

aggy bitching out is glorious.  their whole fan base needs to own this.  lock, stock and barrel.

32 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

offset the loss of aggy, which is always a good tv draw (?????).".   "but the good news is  no competition in our time slot, and we lead in to the two CFP semifinals.". somebody w/ jeff goldblum gif may do the honors

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

What gets me is when anyone, no matter what school affiliation, peels back the fluff and exposes out how mediocre their seasons have really been, they defend it with "better than tu".  Like that magically makes their little over .500 lifetime average mean more.
We've sucked for over a decade and we are well aware of it.  They've been almost as shitty. When it goes into the record books, an 8-4 season is still an 8-4 season no matter what conference you played in.
Especially when 4 of those 8 are cupcakes
  • Like 1

My point, amigo, is that the arrest shouldn't be ballyhooed into some identifying moment for a person. At this point, it's like being arrested for wearing socks.
Still illegal in Texas and on the federal level so anyone with even the slightest bit of fame and an available pic on the webs (everyone) will get it posted along with a small article. I mean, media outlets have people who's job is looking at police arrest reports for any names that stand out.

If these guys can potentially make millions while still in school, they can take responsibilty for doing something stupid.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

My point, amigo, is that the arrest shouldn't be ballyhooed into some identifying moment for a person. At this point, it's like being arrested for wearing socks.

Where might one find these socks, the wearing of which is similar to the consumption of marijuana? Asking for a friend.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

This stretch of creek was supposed to be a manmade lake. It's about a 15 foot drop from street level down to the water.

Screenshots_2021-12-25-15-15-03.png.779756f76e3622cb52a8e107c2cce6e3.png

aggy couldn't figure out how to keep it from draining, so they turned the embankment into a frisbee golf course. It has been a few decades now, so most aggy are blissfully unaware of the history of this example of aggy engineers continuing the long, storied tradition of aggy quitting.

Edited by Walden Ponderer
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Seems like a really stupid risk to take for a guy who wants to be drafted early by the NFL. All of it was stupid on his part, regardless what you think of the law. Fuck that moron. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, texasstrong12 said:

SIAP. 

"Any bowl game can be moved to as late as Jan. 10 without a waiver to accommodate schools that might need additional time to prepare for competition."

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/general-division-i-football-oversight-committee-confirms-selection-process-for-bowl-game-participants

I'm loving that it's turned my aggy neighbors into Charlie.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Gator Bowl not refunding goober fans’ money, saying they bought tickets to see the “event” not to see a team. 

Too. Bad. If only they had a fan in the stands to Come down and play.

Please don’t tell Aggy that there is a thing that you can postpone bowl games until January 10th for COVID.

They bitched out. Plain and simple.
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

This stretch of creek was supposed to be a manmade lake. It's about a 15 foot drop from street level down to the water.

Screenshots_2021-12-25-15-15-03.png.779756f76e3622cb52a8e107c2cce6e3.png

aggy couldn't figure out how to keep it from draining, so they turned the embankment into a frisbee golf course. It has been a few decades now, so most aggy are blissfully unaware of the history of this example of aggy engineers continuing the long, storied tradition of aggy quitting.

Haven’t they heard of bentonite?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1