Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

26 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Doest this guy realize they didn't have a QB over 50% completions in their spring game? And LOL at the Bama "logic" - whole new team as in.. returning heisman winner at QB and two of the scariest motherfuckers off the edge on defense since Von Miller?

aggy beat Bama last year.  Ergo, it will happen every year going forward in perpetuity.  Duh, ya GD sip.  aggys absolutely own Bama.

• Replies 71.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Fun fact of the day: just wanted to point out that Tulane football has more SEC titles than aggy and Arkansas combined. 

According to wiki, more than aggy, arky, mizzou, vandy, cocks, miss state, and kentucky combined. So basically the equivalent of Sewanee.

• Drool 1

13 hours ago, jTower said:

In their first victory of the 2024 season, the University of Texas became the first SEC team to reach the 3800-win mark.  The Texas's winning percentage of .735 leads everyone and is ranks 1st among NCAA Division I schools.

Oh but UT wasn’t in the SEC when they hit 2k, so aggy will always be the #1 SEC team to reach 2k wins.  Advantage aggy

The hall of champions is filling up fast with all these championships they are creating.  

39 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 4/19/2022 at 10:38 AM, 'stache said:
Seems oddly timed unless I missed something, but funny nonetheless.

F113F980-56DA-4D70-8776-762FA00A0BCD.thumb.jpeg.b4c827574e7cbdee9f494ffcecd8d8c2.jpeg

This is greatness, but SMU is getting very aggylike in playing up Dallas at the expense of their actual school name.

That's a pretty lame criticism and not sure what it has to do with aggy. They are trying to build a fanbase and need more than SMU families and alum. They want the city to embrace them as their local team. It's much easier for Dallasites to attend a game at SMU than Arlington, for a lot less money, with far less hassle, and with much more to do nearby. It makes a ton of sense to me to at least try. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. I think the D logo with the pony in the middle is awesome. Even if you see it as desperate, I think they would admit under oath that they are desperate, because attendance has sucked and their metroplex rivals at TCU has an edge being in a stronger conference with more TV exposure. They need to at least try.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 4/19/2022 at 9:38 AM, 'stache said:

F113F980-56DA-4D70-8776-762FA00A0BCD.thumb.jpeg.b4c827574e7cbdee9f494ffcecd8d8c2.jpeg

This is greatness, but SMU is getting very aggylike in playing up Dallas at the expense of their actual school name.

Kick 'Em Stangs? Is that a thing? That sounds like a derivative of a more well known slogan from a larger school down south. 

I don't recall "Kick'em Stangs" but it feels like a callback to the Southwest Conference where you all had hand signals and phrases. "Hook'em Horns", "Gig'em Aggies," "Sick'em Bears." SMU has the pony ears hand signal but never heard a phrase. Again, they are desperate for a fanbase, I'm happy to see them at least trying.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I don't recall "Kick'em Stangs" but it feels like a callback to the Southwest Conference where you all had hand signals and phrases. "Hook'em Horns", "Gig'em Aggies," "Sick'em Bears." SMU has the pony ears hand signal but never heard a phrase. Again, they are desperate for a fanbase, I'm happy to see them at least trying.

Maybe "Bang'em Stangs" and "Hang'em Horses" were taken ? 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

That's a pretty lame criticism and not sure what it has to do with aggy. They are trying to build a fanbase and need more than SMU families and alum. They want the city to embrace them as their local team. It's much easier for Dallasites to attend a game at SMU than Arlington, for a lot less money, with far less hassle, and with much more to do nearby. It makes a ton of sense to me to at least try. Whether it works or not remains to be seen. I think the D logo with the pony in the middle is awesome. Even if you see it as desperate, I think they would admit under oath that they are desperate, because attendance has sucked and their metroplex rivals at TCU has an edge being in a stronger conference with more TV exposure. They need to at least try.

TCU also took their successful coach.

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

What was your slogan in the SWC days? Poke 'Em Pokes? (Yes, I know you weren't in the conference)

Edited by Vertigo

Aggy gonna boycott The Athletic. From mandel's latest Q&A:

Stewart- with Georgia finally getting the proverbial monkey off their back this past season, what program replaces them as the school who’s the most “overdue” to win a national championship based on expectations from their fan base, national media, etc.? Nebraska quickly comes to mind, but at 25 years I’m not sure they’ve waited long enough to make that claim.

Stuart F.

I know some people will say Texas A&M, but Texas A&M to me is not akin to Georgia. The Aggies’ one and only national title was so long ago the games weren’t yet televised, and it’s not like they’ve been knocking on the door for several years like Kirby Smart was. And whereas Georgia fans had been expecting national titles ever since the last one, I feel like that didn’t really become a thing for A&M fans until at least Johnny Manziel, if not Jimbo.

The answer is Notre Dame. It’s been 34 years. While many (perhaps including Brian Kelly himself) believe the Irish will never realistically win another one, their fans certainly still expect it. As an independent, it’s the only trophy the Irish have to play for. And this is not a Nebraska/Miami/Tennessee situation where the program has fallen completely off the map. Notre Dame reached the Playoff two of the past four seasons. The Irish have finished the season No. 12 or higher in six of the past seven seasons. That means they’re in the mix.

I could list any number of other national championship programs — USC, Florida and Texas come to mind — that have the resources and the recruiting footprint to do it again, but the longest drought for any of them is USC at 18 years. Notre Dame’s is nearly twice that long. Notre Dame’s is an actual monkey.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

The number reason to put “Dallas” all over SMU shit is for recruiting. 

They have been trying to convince the leftovers to stay home and play for Dallas’ only university in order to be competitive even though they can’t bring in 4 & 5 star players. There is enough talent in the city to do well if the kids decide to stay home. 

14 hours ago, 'stache said:

Pony up is the phrase now but it wasn't rolled out until 2007.

Getting students at SMU to give a shit about athletics is always an uphill battle.

Edited by ztejas

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The number reason to put “Dallas” all over SMU shit is for recruiting. 

They have been trying to convince the leftovers to stay home and play for Dallas’ only university in order to be competitive even though they can’t bring in 4 & 5 star players. There is enough talent in the city to do well if the kids decide to stay home. 

SMU had plenty of momentum with 4 star prospects with Sonny and Samples there. Unfortunately some of that was lost to attrition - hopefully Lashlee can get it going again. 

This is obviously way off topic but it's the aggy thread so who gives a fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, ousux said:
On 4/19/2022 at 10:38 AM, 'stache said:

Not really. When Sonny was coach he and the AD wanted to push SMU as the premiere program for DFW. They are Dallas' college team. The uniforms are fresh as fuck!

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

Getting students at SMU to give a shit about athletics is always an uphill battle.

Brother you said a mouthful. As a kid, when Gerald Ford Stadium was built, I would barely see any students at games. Everyone went to the boulevard, but no one gave a shit about the game. Last year's white out game to start the season had the entire grass end zone filled with students(since that's where they moved the student section) and for the first time in a long time I was overjoyed to see students are actually interested in showing up for games. 

While we're on the topic of SMU, the cheerleaders are still undefeated against aggy

TAMUBand.gif

• Hook 'Em 2