Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

2 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Offer more jizz jars? Date nights with Revellie? More whoop?

I have to laugh when people say Texas A&M is a difficult school to get accepted into and academically challenging for those admitted.

A&M is difficult for aggys, not for intelligent individuals.

Then again, aggys believe it is difficult to determine whether or not Sul Ross was a white supremacist.

ross daughter foreward grab.jpeg

• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

I have to laugh when people say Texas A&M is a difficult school to get accepted into and academically challenging for those admitted.

Then again, aggys believe it is difficult to determine whether or not Sul Ross was a white supremacist.

Hey aggy skoolin can be real hard, MoFo

Perryreportcard-LARGE.jpg

3 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Hey aggy skoolin can be real hard, MoFo

Perryreportcard-LARGE.jpg

The aggy experience is striving to be as similar to everyone else as possible. They have no clue the truly interesting people are those who we have little in common with. When aggys die, they experience a moment of total consciousness when they realize their life experience is nothing like that of most other people. I'm glad I got to experience total consciousness the first time I walked on to the UT campus.

Actually, I experienced total consciousness when a certain alumnus explained at UT they don't give a shit if you want to donate your royalty check, they will only return your phone call if you are willing to donate the entire well.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:30 PM, Nolacycling said:

A few months ago RT was in the top 3 for $ earners. I don't care how others' new contracts affected his position, but he's got enough $ to exhume Sigmund Fucking Freud to get him out of his dark place 

Did I mention he's from Big Spring. I've never lived around such stupid, selfish people scratching to hold onto their piece of scorched dirt.

Can confirm. Grew up in Big Spring. Those who stay tend to suffer from an arrogant ignorance, but I imagine that could also apply to most West Texas towns of similar size. Sometimes still feel a twinge of nostalgia, but that vanishes quickly when visiting.

Being around people who are proud of their stupidity is kind of a drag.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Is it still true that if you agree to join the toy army you can get in regardless of the grades in HS?

5 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Is it still true that if you agree to join the toy army you can get in regardless of the grades in HS?

Let's look at the quality of individuals they are recruiting at the moment. These "fine gentlemen" are the sharpest they can currently recruit. Moving forward, the decision has been made to prioritize quantity over quality.

In short, they will be forced to take any kid with a pulse if they want to increase their fake army costume fraternity by 50%. Intelligent people don't participate in aggy fairy tale stupidity. aggys participate in aggy fairy tale stupidity. The kids they will bring in to bloat the size of their kiddie corps will be cringeworthy. They won't be academically prepared and they won't be able to gain any appreciable academic benefits. But they will put on their costumes and prance around as displays of "aggy greatness."

This is all being driven by The Rudder Association, whose members hide in the shadows, insisting their white supremacist views be given greater prominence throughout aggy culture. The increase in enrollment of the aggy Corps won't be women, won't be minorities, and won't be international students. They will be "proper aggys".

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

fat aggy cadet.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Last time I checked they don't have that kind of money. 

aggy athletics revenues for the Sept 1 2020- Aug 31 2021 fiscal year were $136.8 mil. If you remember a few years ago, they were claiming just over $200 mil (U.S., not redneck dollars). Source: https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

aggy 2020-2021 athletics revenues.jpeg

aggy athletics deficit texags.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

55 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

Let's look at the quality of individuals they are recruiting at the moment. These "fine gentlemen" are the sharpest they can currently recruit. Moving forward, the decision has been made to prioritize quantity over quality.

In short, they will be forced to take any kid with a pulse if they want to increase their fake army costume fraternity by 50%. Intelligent people don't participate in aggy fairy tale stupidity. aggys participate in aggy fairy tale stupidity. The kids they will bring in to bloat the size of their kiddie corps will be cringeworthy. They won't be academically prepared and they won't be able to gain any appreciable academic benefits. But they will put on their costumes and prance around as displays of "aggy greatness."

This is all being driven by The Rudder Association, whose members hide in the shadows, insisting their white supremacist views be given greater prominence throughout aggy culture. The increase in enrollment of the aggy Corps won't be women, won't be minorities, and won't be international students. They will be "proper aggys".

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

fat aggy cadet.jpeg

In Full Metal Jacket, when Private Pyle says he's “in a world of shit,”  he's surrounded by toilets. : r/shittymoviedetails

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Same here. aggy has a handful of cute dumb hot chicks. Some of them enrolled there either because mom and dad went there or because they're from a small town and don't know any better. 

When you admit literally anyone and everyone into a glorified 4 year junior college you are bound to have a small group of outliers. 

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

aggy athletics revenues for the Sept 1 2020- Aug 31 2021 fiscal year were $136.8 mil. If you remember a few years ago, they were claiming just over $200 mil (U.S., not redneck dollars). Source: https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

aggy 2020-2021 athletics revenues.jpeg

aggy athletics deficit texags.jpeg

Wow that Expense breakout is horrible.  But here is my question.  What is "Not allocated Revenue"?  It is for $43,684,347 which is over 31% of all revenues but they don't break that out?

Why do I think they include things in here as "revenue" such as the Foundation (above) and other donations, or even possibly loans they may take out.   Who is their "independent" auditor?   I am guessing it is not one of the big accounting firms who take fiduciary responsibility seriously, but an aggy special alumni relationship.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey @tamu why are we consolidating colleges and cutting library hours and funding to “cut costs” while announcing $200M on this an hour ago ?”

“A&M consistently ranks in the top five colleges with the highest number of students on campus in the U.S. In the fall, we had a record73,000 students enrolled at our prestigious alma mater. 

Left trembling from their chronic caffeine cravings, these brave 73,000 stumble, bleary-eyed, through the shadows of brutalist architecture that looks more like The Ministry of Truth than an inviting learning environment. Buildings like Heldenfelds — orRoom 101 to keep up the comparison — are permeated by a profound sense of disquiet and the smell of urine for some reason. At times, it seems every room is designed by some unknowable regulation to be a game of Russian roulette. Will the plastic back rest of your seat suddenly give way after a loud snap nearly sends you backward into your classmate’s lap? Or will you suddenly notice that somehow, something ripped the flip desk right off its metal hinges? It’s impossible to say, but there is about a one-in-three chance of either one happening.“

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/when-in-rome/article_468f7460-ca65-11ec-a57a-17db744286d5.html

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ABSR said:

Wow that Expense breakout is horrible.  But here is my question.  What is "Not allocated Revenue"?  It is for $43,684,347 which is over 31% of all revenues but they don't break that out?

Why do I think they include things in here as "revenue" such as the Foundation (above) and other donations, or even possibly loans they may take out.   Who is their "independent" auditor?   I am guessing it is not one of the big accounting firms who take fiduciary responsibility seriously, but an aggy special alumni relationship.

Here is aggy's NCAA report for 2019-2020. The earlier financial report I posted was from the Dept of Education database. As you can see, the NCAA report is far more detailed and helps understand "unallocated" revenues and expenses. A&M's auditors are PwC.

What is interesting is the level of expenses A&M (and almost every other major program) was able to reduce in the Covid affected year. aggy vaporized about $15 mil in expenses in one year, so you get a sense of the bloat that is in the program.

Texas A&M 2020 NCAA financials.pdf

On 5/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, Nolacycling said:

There literally is no Big Spring in Big Spring. Dried up years ago.

The opening sequences for Midnight Cowboy were shot there and that's some twisted demented shit 

Years ago I went to the park to see the springs. As you said, the spring has been dry for decades but they had run galvanized water pipe under the rim that drip water to make it look like it still worked. And a looong time ago I was in Wichita Falls the day they opened their "falls". There was a news crew there from NBC to cover it. Except there was no water. The pumps they used to circulate the water failed and I think they had to run fire hoses to the top of the falls to shoot water so it would look like a real water fall.

21 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Hey @tamu why are we consolidating colleges and cutting library hours and funding to “cut costs” while announcing $200M on this an hour ago ?”

“A&M consistently ranks in the top five colleges with the highest number of students on campus in the U.S. In the fall, we had a record73,000 students enrolled at our prestigious alma mater. 

Left trembling from their chronic caffeine cravings, these brave 73,000 stumble, bleary-eyed, through the shadows of brutalist architecture that looks more like The Ministry of Truth than an inviting learning environment. Buildings like Heldenfelds — orRoom 101 to keep up the comparison — are permeated by a profound sense of disquiet and the smell of urine for some reason. At times, it seems every room is designed by some unknowable regulation to be a game of Russian roulette. Will the plastic back rest of your seat suddenly give way after a loud snap nearly sends you backward into your classmate’s lap? Or will you suddenly notice that somehow, something ripped the flip desk right off its metal hinges? It’s impossible to say, but there is about a one-in-three chance of either one happening.“

https://www.thebatt.com/opinion/when-in-rome/article_468f7460-ca65-11ec-a57a-17db744286d5.html

This comment sums it all up for those who don't like the way they are spending the money:

TexaninVA May 3, 2022 9:50am

Some people, as it turns out, are just not a good fit for Aggieland. Highway 6 stills runs both ways luckily.

3 hours ago, Crapinon said:

This comment sums it all up for those who don't like the way they are spending the money:

TexaninVA May 3, 2022 9:50am

Some people, as it turns out, are just not a good fit for Aggieland. Highway 6 stills runs both ways luckily.

When their own school paper complains about classrooms smelling of urine, I would think most people aren’t a good fit for the school. 

I know.... “Don’t care, got Jimbo.”

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, JesusSweatDuck said:

Very true, but I still think it's fucking hilarious

Oh I agree. I'm just taken aback at some of the jokes when I watch it now. Not in a bad way or like I think it's too offensive. I just can't imagine it being on TV nowadays. 

8 hours ago, C-Man said:

Clearly a Photoshop

For real. Pretty much every girl in that pic is hot (not you lower right, dead center in bib overalls or lady holding baby with headphones).

Edited by Lhorn

For real. Pretty much every girl in that pic is hot (not you lower right, dead center in bib overalls or lady holding baby with headphones).
aggy has become a huge Texas State when it comes to admissions these days..so not surprising they get chicks who couldn't get into UT.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

aggy has become a huge Texas State when it comes to admissions these days..so not surprising they get chicks who couldn't get into UT.

Those poor girls. A school of 75,000 with not a single male interested in them.

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

Oh I agree. I'm just taken aback at some of the jokes when I watch it now. Not in a bad way or like I think it's too offensive. I just can't imagine it being on TV nowadays. 

Watch or re-watch Blazing Saddles.  Not making that movie today.   But it was hilarious and the off color humor was very much in the same vein as Huckleberry Finn where it was outlandish but the underlying message was making fun of, or pointing out the stupidity of, the racists and other people. 

But like Huckleberry Finn (written in late 1800's and using the "N" word throughout), it would be judged at a surface level by the politically correct masses instead of seeing the real underlying message/theme.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2