Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

18 hours ago, CleverNickname said:

There is aggie talk of deploying the corps to guard the Century Tree against Bama tree poisoners. 

First I've heard of this tree (which has its own Twitter handle??) but I'm here for it. 

Harvey Updike died in 2020.

• Replies 71.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

And fishers awfully confident those freshman will beat the last greatest class of all time, Alabama’s class from the previous year. With several other #1 classes stacked behind it.   

Nick may try to score 100 this year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'm thinking we know where Kyle gets his dry sense of humor more than his dad leans maroon.  I'd bet that gear has the tags still on it so he can take it back to whatever Krogers he bought it after the joke.

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

So confused.  Jimbo's dad would slap him if someone else lied?  

"Maybe someone should have slapped him (jimbo's dad) for not pulling out."

27 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Jimbo is so perfect for them. They couldn't have possibly hired anyone more aligned with their culture and identity.

He checks off just about every aggie box: blustery, cheater, liar, insecure, cuck, mediocre (8-4), redneck, Napoleon complex, defensive, cocky, finger pointing, public relations tone deaf, thinks he's smarter than everybody else and completely lacking any semblance of self-awareness.

I am 100% convinced that he is trolling the shit out out of aggy as he just tows the company line in everything and he knows he'll be rewarded with piles of cash because he is "one of them".

Reading some of the posts from texags posted here, it strikes me that they all seem to suffer from, "I think it, so it must be true." My theory is that this is a defense mechanism to the truth that they just cannot bring themselves to admit, which is that they are inferior in every way. Pencil necked geeks pretending to be some kind of military group. Fat, ugly chicks who stand out only by comparison to each other. All steeped in failure, ineptitude and a complete lack of self awareness. This is why they have to stick together so much. To consort with people outside of their cult would expose them for that they truly are.

In this spirit, I called Bjork on Thursday to ask this precise question, not to pick on the Aggies, but to use them as a test case since they’re the ones taking all the heat right now and are clearly bothered by it. If Fisher is adamant that everything is above board, why not just disclose the details?

Bjork said it’s difficult to do because whenever a player signs an NIL deal, they’re required to disclose it to the school’s compliance department.

“When it comes to disclosure, because they’re students, it becomes a student record,” Bjork told me. “I do agree with you that if there were sunshine on all the contracts (it would be beneficial), but they’re students and these are student records and they’re not subject to open records.”

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

FERPA only covers "education records," not all student records.  Nice try, dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

One former SEC coach who spent time around Saban and Fisher when they coached together at LSU in the early 2000s said Fisher telling the world to look into Saban’s past with “that eye roll was something I would have never expected in a billion years. It was oddly satisfying as someone who lived on that planet with them and also incredibly sad that those two have come to that.

“There has always been an ‘honor amongst thieves’ mantra in the SEC, and those two just called each other’s wives fat to a global audience.”

• Hook 'Em 1

I think there’s some confusion on Saban’s and reporters end. He shouldn’t have issues with NIL deals if they were structured correctly and above board. What everyone should take issue with is that aggies apparently claim none of their new signees have NIL deals but they signed with them anyway. The only logical explanation is that they were given money under the table which has huge tax implications (obviously no one in their right mind who could play anywhere in the country would voluntarily play in college station in front of those rubes). He shouldn’t have a complaint if they “bought” players with NIL deals, he should have a complaint if they were “bought” the players under the table.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

59 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I think there’s some confusion on Saban’s and reporters end. He shouldn’t have issues with NIL deals if they were structured correctly and above board. What everyone should take issue with is that aggies apparently claim none of their new signees have NIL deals but they signed with them anyway. The only logical explanation is that they were given money under the table which has huge tax implications (obviously no one in their right mind who could play anywhere in the country would voluntarily play in college station in front of those rubes). He shouldn’t have a complaint if they “bought” players with NIL deals, he should have a complaint if they were “bought” the players under the table.

I wonder, can't NIL still be used to entice recruits?  As in "well, you see how we take care of our players...can't you imagine what's waiting for you? Oh yeah, you'll be getting it son"?

7 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I wonder, can't NIL still be used to entice recruits?  As in "well, you see how we take care of our players...can't you imagine what's waiting for you? Oh yeah, you'll be getting it son"?

Nobody in their right mind goes aggy on a gentlemens agreement. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Jimbo is so perfect for them. They couldn't have possibly hired anyone more aligned with their culture and identity.

He checks off just about every aggie box: blustery, cheater, liar, insecure, cuck, mediocre (8-4), redneck, Napoleon complex, defensive, cocky, finger pointing, public relations tone deaf, thinks he's smarter than everybody else and completely lacking any semblance of self-awareness.

I think Fran was the perfect candidate, including petty "friends from the capital" and small time hustling of a "newsletter" while reveling in small victories such as Texas being called for breaking the "law" (holding call in a game, I think). Jimbo is actually accomplishing something and has assembled a decent team albeit through underhanded means.

7 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I'm thinking we know where Kyle gets his dry sense of humor more than his dad leans maroon.  I'd bet that gear has the tags still on it so he can take it back to whatever Krogers he bought it after the joke.

Exactly. This is an ultimate dad joke; making fun of your offspring's obsession/success.

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Ricky abused their ass 4 years in a row em route to the Heilman iirc

Indeed. I believe his “worst” game against aggy was at Kyle Field during our shitty 1997 season, when he rushed for only 187 yards.

Edit: Wrong. He has 169 yards in 1995, and 150 in 1996.

Edited by South Austin

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Indeed. I believe his “worst” game against aggy was at Kyle Field during our shitty 1997 season, when he rushed for only 187 yards.

Edit: Wrong. He has 169 yards in 1995, and 150 in 1996.

IIRC he was basically playing on 1 leg in 97 and had 183 and 2 tds with the entire stadium knowing he was getting the ball