Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

34 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I didn't realize this was aggy.

Thought it was a Sooner fan. This is one of the most pathetic things I've seen. He really showed up to the women's college world series to do Horns down when his team wasn't even playing? 

Sounds like the singing version of the aggy poo flinger. A completely classless piece of shit who should not be walking around in society, yet whoops at funerals, Sunday School, and and accident scenes. Nobody taught him how to act like a normal human. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 71.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

According to the article I read, as a representative of the NCAA, who hired him to be a part of the ceremony, when he finished the National Anthem he said, "Go Pokes!" and did the horns down.  I don't care if a fan does the horns down, or even if an athlete does it.  Hell, I don't care that this chucklefuck did it.  But, apparently, the NCAA determined that doing it the way he did did not reflect well on their values nor the impartiality of the NCAA.  They're the boss, so away he goes.

If it had been a fan of another team who said "Roll Tide!" and done a thumbs down after singing at their game, imagine how they would lose their shit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:

Yes. Literally the past page and a half before your post

Edited by OrangEngr

On 6/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, Randolph Duke said:

What starts here changes the world.

Every damned day, every damned game, every damned team, every damned sport.

Keep UT Austin at the top of your thoughts, bitches.

No other school comes close to approaching the stranglehold UT Austin has on college athletics.

We can handle the spotlight. Just keep showing us you can't quit thinking of us.

Now, on to Omaha. Show us you are thinking of us.

You cannot get away. 

bevo.jpg

Well, thank goodness, that ESPN will be so nice as not to show the opposing fans flashing the horns down before, during and after the Horn’s games!

You all will be surprised to learn that the Aggies think this was a big bad tu conspiracy to hold down another fine upstanding young aggy that did nothing wrong and it shows how we're not ready for the SECSECSEC!

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/21187-show-me-where-the-longhorn-touched-you-aggy-screenshot-megathread/?do=findComment&comment=4387499

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Viper said:

You all will be surprised to learn that the Aggies think this was a big bad tu conspiracy to hold down another fine upstanding young aggy that did nothing wrong and it shows how we're not ready for the SECSECSEC!

https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/topic/21187-show-me-where-the-longhorn-touched-you-aggy-screenshot-megathread/?do=findComment&comment=4387499

At Texas A&M, it's always someone else's fault. Personal responsibility is not one of the vaunted "aggy values."

aggy comp bad sports.jpeg

The ags love to wrap themselves in the American flag and bleat about how their being "conservative" makes them better Americans.

We all know it was a liberal-minded federal welfare program (The Morrill Act of 1862) that lead to the establishment of the school. The liberal-minded Reconstructionist legislature of 1871 forced the school upon the people of Texas who believed they neither had the money to support the school or the need for the school. This in opposition to The University of Texas, an institution whose ideals have been cherished by Texans since the days of the Texas Republic and has long been revered for being the one institution that is truly "of, by, and for the people of Texas."

Curiously, for being such "highly educated" people, it seems the aggys have no clue what the purpose of the Morrill Act actually was. As set forth in Sec. 4 of the document the institution's stated mission is, was, and always has been "to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the several pursuits and professions in life." Liberal education. Clearly stated in the formational documents of the institution.

Today's Texas A&M is nothing like what Congress envisioned. The school has completely failed its own students, the people of Texas, and the American people to whom they are forever indebted for the liberal-minded financial welfare gift that established their institution.

The people of Texas and of our nation deserve better than Texas A&M.

https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/morrill-act#transcript

Morrill liberal education.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

Seriously?  If so, I missed it I guess.  It seems that this board laughs about it.  What they lose their shit about is the media making a big deal like it bothers Texas fans when it really doesnt.  Or at least that is the way I read it. 

That's my take.  I think a majority of posters on this board look at the Horns down with amusement that so many fans -- whether rivals or schools that just happen to play us (like ECU) -- do the Horns down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, CoTex said:

I remember a night game in Austin where a nice young man did that horns down shit right in front of me after scoring a touch down.  Maclin was his name and I believe the year was 2008.

Then… his team lost.

His name was Maclin? I hope you told him it was a nice party and asked him "where's the whiskey?"

Edited by Longboard Horn
McClintock reference. IYKYK
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, CoTex said:

I remember a night game in Austin where a nice young man did that horns down shit right in front of me after scoring a touch down.  Maclin was his name and I believe the year was 2008.

Then… his team lost.

I just went and looked at the stats for that game.  Childs should starts?  No, but he did play. 1 for 1 with 1 TD for 51 yards to Dan Buckner. 

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

That's my take.  I think a majority of posters on this board look at the Horns down with amusement that so many fans -- whether rivals or schools that just happen to play us (like ECU) -- do the Horns down. 

It pisses Mrs. Brat off every time she sees it, but she is a SWT grad.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

The ags love to wrap themselves in the American flag and bleat about how their being "conservative" makes them better Americans.
We all know it was a liberal-minded federal welfare program (The Morrill Act of 1862) that lead to the establishment of the school. The liberal-minded Reconstructionist legislature of 1871 forced the school upon the people of Texas who believed they neither had the money to support the school or the need for the school. This in opposition to The University of Texas, an institution whose ideals have been cherished by Texans since the days of the Texas Republic and has long been revered for being the one institution that is truly "of, by, and for the people of Texas."
Curiously, for being such "highly educated" people, it seems the aggys have no clue what the purpose of the Morrill Act actually was. As set forth in Sec. 4 of the document the institution's stated mission is, was, and always has been "to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the several pursuits and professions in life." Liberal education. Clearly stated in the formational documents of the institution.
Today's Texas A&M is nothing like what Congress envisioned. The school has completely failed its own students, the people of Texas, and the American people to whom they are forever indebted for the liberal-minded financial welfare gift that established their institution.
The people of Texas and of our nation deserve better than Texas A&M.
https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/morrill-act#transcript
1756742330_Morrillliberaleducation.thumb.jpeg.5619ff15594b39c569db776995ed084d.jpeg

You should publish all this shit in a book. Title is obvious: The great people of Texas deserve better than aggy
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm not offended by the Horns down, I'm offended by how out of this world stupid aggys are.  Horns up = us celebrating our team, Horns down = middle finger to us.  Retarded aggys think they're the same.

aggys really do make me sad for humanity.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yeah I could be down with a burnt orange hat and the word "ROYAL" in white lettering.  That'd be worthy.

But Jimbo?  Lulz.

Its enough for me to know the school logo that is so ubiquitous is known officially as the "Royal logo."

Rooster Andrews actually drew it, but Royal was the one who chose it as the official team logo.

Texas Longhorns Primary Logo - NCAA Division I (s-t) (NCAA s-t) - Chris  Creamer's Sports Logos Page - SportsLogos.Net

• Hook 'Em 8

17 hours ago, Scholz said:

I'm not offended by the Horns down, I'm offended by how out of this world stupid aggys are.  Horns up = us celebrating our team, Horns down = middle finger to us.  Retarded aggys think they're the same.

aggys really do make me sad for humanity.

No, king. Horns down means you're openly admitting that you sleep with and/or are married to your cousin. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1